‹ Missionaries Missioner ›
Meanings and phrases
- relating to or connected to a religious mission; missional
- someone who attempts to convert others to a particular doctrine or program
- someone sent on a mission--especially a religious or charitable mission to a foreign country; missioner
- a position for sexual intercourse; a man and woman lie facing each other with the man on top; so-called because missionaries thought it the proper position for primitive peoples
- an organization of missionaries in a foreign land sent to carry on religious work; mission; missionary station; foreign mission
- an organization of missionaries in a foreign land sent to carry on religious work; mission; missionary post; foreign mission
- the organized work of a religious missionary; mission
- As a result, missionary work in Argentina slowed.
- Liddell went on to missionary work in China.
- Another obstacle to missionary work in Argentina is poverty.
- He decided to devote his life to missionary activity.
- Protestant missionary activity in Asia was most successful in Korea.
- In 1632 he published an account of the missionary activity in New Mexico.
- In 1867 he moved to British Columbia as a medical missionary.
- He went to Taiyuan in Shanxi as a medical missionary in 1906.
- Dr. Paul Carlson, an American medical missionary, was among those killed during the raid.
- He opposed the spread of Christian missionary activities.
- Sponsorship of missionary activities became a divisive issue.
- The town was the center of Catholic missionary activities in the 9th century Sweden.
- The Universalists continued their missionary efforts.
- Saint Boniface used Bede's homilies in his missionary efforts on the continent.
- Titled "Truth Will Prevail", it told the story of early missionary efforts in Britain.
- 1245) was the first missionary bishop of Prussia.
- This was a logical continuation to Birka's position as the first missionary town in Sweden.
- His first missionary appointment was as a staff of the Vicariate of the Bight of Benin's Holy Cross Primary School in Lagos.
- As a child, Alfred attended missionary school for a short time.
- Lee spent her early childhood in China, attending a missionary school where she learned English.
- After studying at a local school at Bakulia and missionary school, he entered to Hooghly Mohsin College.