‹ Nomia Nominalism ›
Meanings and phrases
- relating to or constituting or bearing or giving a name
- insignificantly small; a matter of form only (`tokenish' is informal); token; tokenish
- pertaining to a noun or to a word group that functions as a noun
- of, relating to, or characteristic of an amount that is not adjusted for inflation
- existing in name only; titular
- named; bearing the name of a specific person; nominative
- a phrase that can function as the subject or object of a verb; noun phrase; nominal phrase
- inability to name objects or to recognize written or spoken names of objects; anomic aphasia; anomia; amnesic aphasia; amnestic aphasia
- (law) a trivial sum (usually $1.00) awarded as recognition that a legal injury was sustained (as for technical violations of a contract)
- a person used as a cover for some questionable activity; front man; front; figurehead; straw man; strawman
- a phrase that can function as the subject or object of a verb; noun phrase; nominal
- the value of a security that is set by the company issuing it; unrelated to market value; par value; face value
- The GDP per capita at nominal value was $475 in 2011.
- Its nominal value was ƒ 5,- (€ 2.27).
- Its nominal value was ƒ 1,- (€0.45).
- It is a subscription service with a nominal fee for membership.
- Some of these are open to the public, for a nominal fee, as self-service accommodation.
- OMBAC allows other organizations to license the trademark for their own events for a nominal fee.