‹ Nominating Nominations ›
Meanings and phrases
- the act of officially naming a candidate
- an address (usually at a political convention) proposing the name of a candidate to run for election; nominating speech; nominating address
- the condition of having been proposed as a suitable candidate for appointment or election
- This movie received a nomination for the Gouden Kalf.
- It received a nomination for an Eisner Award in 2015.
- Day received a nomination for an Academy Award for Best Actress.
- Pence won the vice presidential nomination by acclamation.
- Cherney ran for the Green Party presidential nomination in 2016.
- With little input from Roosevelt, Garner won the vice presidential nomination.
- Gibbons won the nomination as a write-in candidate.
- She won the nomination with 53% of the vote.
- Avtar Bains won the nomination for NDP.
- His political friends began to maneuver to get him the nomination for governor.
- In 1990, he lost the Democratic nomination for governor to then-State Treasurer Joan Finney.
- Quinn sought the Democratic nomination for governor in 1974, but was defeated by Michael Dukakis.
- Busta Rhymes received one nomination and won one.
- Jonas Brothers have received one nomination and won.
- Joe Jonas has received one nomination and won.
- They cannot discuss the nomination process with anyone.
- Subsequent seasons added a special dedicated to the nomination process.
- It informs about the sources for help and guidance throughout the nomination process.
- His nomination was reported out of committee on June 18, 2009.
- On June 28, 2018, his nomination was reported out of committee by voice vote.
- On May 24, 2018, her nomination was reported out of committee by a voice vote.
- Ying gained her first nomination for Best Actress .
- In 2012, Ma won her first nomination for her role in Love Thy Neighbour.
- It fetched her first nomination in Filmfare Awards for Best Female Playback Singer.
- It earned a nomination for "Best Dance Video" at the 2010 UK Music Video Awards.
- The song earned a nomination in the Best Rock Song category at the 2013 Grammy Awards.
- Orr earned a nomination for the 1992 ARIA Award for Best Jazz Album for "Seeking Spirit".
- Initially, two nomination papers were submitted.
- 2 nomination papers were disapproved initially.
- 83 candidates for the election submitted nomination papers.
- On June 12, 2019, her nomination was confirmed 91–5.
- Her nomination was confirmed on July 12, 2016.
- On May 12, 2010 his nomination was confirmed by voice vote.
- A simple majority of 1,237 delegates was needed to win the nomination.
- She won the first round with 29.72%--well short of the majority needed to win the nomination outright.
- On the second vice presidential ballot of the convention, Truman defeated Wallace to win the nomination.
- One name was placed in nomination for president, one for vice president.
- Clinton won the Democratic nomination for president the following cycle.
- He guaranteed Governor Al Smith of New York the nomination for president.
- The same book received an Agatha nomination for best non-fiction book.
- "Life Is Good", by Nas, received a Grammy nomination for best rap album.
- "My World 2.0" received a Grammy nomination for best pop vocal album in 2011.
- Cox successfully ran for re-election in 2006, after receiving the Republican party nomination at the August Michigan Republican Party Convention.
- In 1987, in a close run-off election for the party nomination in South Abaco, he narrowly defeated Robert Sweeting and won his party's nomination.
- He won the Republican gubernatorial primary in 1986, only the second black in the history of the country to win a major party nomination for governor.
- This marks the Adjuah's second nomination.
- He gained a second nomination with the TV series "Godiva's" in 2005.
- The Senate had not yet acted on Landon's confirmation by the time of the second nomination.
- The album received a 2018 Grammy award nomination for "Best Americana Album".
- Ciccoritti also received a Directors Guild of Canada award nomination in 2005.
- He earned an AFL Rising Star award nomination for his performance against Collingwood in round 14, 2018.