‹ Notched Notebook ›
Meanings and phrases
- a brief written record
- a short personal letter; short letter; line; billet
- a notation representing the pitch and duration of a musical sound; musical note; tone
- a tone of voice that shows what the speaker is feeling
- a characteristic emotional quality
- a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank); bill; government note; bank bill; banker's bill; bank note; banknote; Federal Reserve note; greenback
- a comment or instruction (usually added); annotation; notation
- high status importance owing to marked superiority; eminence; distinction; preeminence
- a promise to pay a specified amount on demand or at a certain time; promissory note; note of hand
- make mention of; observe; mention; remark
- notice or perceive; notice; mark
- observe with care or pay close attention to; take note; observe
- make a written note of; take down
Federal Reserve note
- a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank); bill; note; government note; bank bill; banker's bill; bank note; banknote; greenback
- securities with maturities of 1 to 10 years; sold for cash or in exchange for maturing issues or at auction
- a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank); bill; note; government note; bank bill; banker's bill; banknote; Federal Reserve note; greenback
- a flattened third or seventh
- a note payable on demand
- a musical note having the time value of an eighth of a whole note; quaver
- a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank); bill; note; bank bill; banker's bill; bank note; banknote; Federal Reserve note; greenback
- an embellishing note usually written in smaller size; appoggiatura; acciaccatura
- a musical note having the time value of half a whole note; minim
- maintain in the forefront of one's awareness
- special attention with intent to remember
- a municipal debt instrument with a maturity of less than 2 years
- a notation representing the pitch and duration of a musical sound; note; tone
- five dollars worth of a drug; nickel
- a promise to pay a specified amount on demand or at a certain time; note; promissory note
- a note promising to pay a certain amount of money at a certain time
- your right in a promissory note in which the maker promises to pay a certain amount of money at a certain time
- (music) the relative duration of a musical note; value; time value
- a nonharmonic note inserted for transition between harmonic notes; passing tone
- a promise to pay a specified amount on demand or at a certain time; note; note of hand
- Instead, the governments issued a 31bn EUR "promissory note" (an IOU) to Anglo – which it had nationalized.
- The contractor on the job claimed financial difficulty, so Mackenzie accepted a promissory note for summer wages.
- The Russian ambassador to the United States loaned him $5,000, and then used the promissory note to light his cigar.
- a musical note having the time value of a quarter of a whole note; crotchet
- a musical note having the time value of a sixteenth of a whole note; semiquaver
- a musical note having the time value of a sixty-fourth of a whole note; hemidemisemiquaver
- observe with care or pay close attention to; note; observe
- As the formula gathered momentum, though, constructors started to take note.
- He went on to take note of the damage, "everything that I built was destroyed.
- Many observers, both within and without Iran, would take note of Hoveyda's prudent behaviour and shrewdness.
- a musical note having the time value of a thirty-second of a whole note; demisemiquaver
- a note that specifies the time (or times) of repayment
- a musical note having the longest time value (equal to four beats in common time); semibreve
- It is important to note the difference between bridging and adhesion.
- It is important to note that the idea of a downvote is not a novel concept.
- It is important to note that this representation does have certain limitations.
- Of particular note is the building's small size.
- The mammal remains from this site are of particular note.
- Of particular note was a taco pizza named Percussion Pizza.
- He also leaves the suicide note in Locke's pocket.
- Cheung's suicide note (translation):"Depression!
- While there, she finds the suicide note and takes it.
- McElwain's tenure at CSU began on a high note.
- Her vocal trademark is a growl before hitting a high note.
- That was the end of Billy's high note."
- Duckles took note of the bold lyrics to song no.
- The Symbolist school took note of Karnabatt's stances.
- 1999 a museum took note of the A.S.P.C.
- Floods of note include those of 1931, 1954, and 1998.
- Other singers of note include Artur Abida.
- Geographical features of note include two Second World War pillboxes.
- Kentucky House Minority Leader Jeff Hoover did note that Mayfield was "turning out to be a good campaigner."
- Ferguson did note that the door to the Waste Collection System in the shuttle's mid-deck flew open during entry.
- He did note that the "star" Neptune did seem to move, noting that between his two observations its apparent distance from another star had changed.
- The film ends on that positive note.
- On a more positive note, Sarfaraz returns to the band, composing “Eito Cholchey”.
- On a positive note, the larger the set of valid input characters, the smaller the impact of the weakness.
- Bob Stanley made note of the band's "Dada" sound.
- Gossip columns at the time made note of frequent sightings of the two together alone.
- One of the criticism of the original game that the developers made note of was the difficulty.
- "transposes") each note a performer plays by a pre-set interval.
- On tremolo harmonicas each channel has two reeds for each note, i.e.
- His solos are graceful yet muscular, each note crackling with energy.
- The story takes a few turns before it ends in a happy note.
- Finally, the movie ends on a happy note.
- Braxton's vocal range spans from the low note of F3 to the high note of G4.
- The League Cup campaign ended on a low note however, with a 6–0 defeat to St Mirren.
- He notes, however, that the "first low note of the tube's resonance ... is too bad to be employed".
- Soon after Naomi goes missing and only leaves a note saying 'Here I come, ready or not.'
- She rebuffs him by sending him a note saying that he must first learn how to write correctly.
- He left a suicide note saying “I hate myself for doing this to you,” he wrote to his parents.
- Three CSRC Press series are of special note.
- Of special note were the Bals des Palmiers given at the palace.
- On a special note, the PNP Air Unit is placed under the supervision of SAF.
- ""I shall not alter a single note,"" I answered, ""I shall publish the work exactly as it is!""
- The "Middle C Method", a "single note identification" method, was the most commonly taught method through the 20th century.
- He later incorporated a basic single note oscillator and a loudspeaker consisting of diaphragm to make these notes audible.
- Pulling a Mariah Carey, she belted every note to the rafters.
- I wrote every note of that song and this is not what it was meant for...
- These tone holes let the player produce every note of the chromatic scale.
- The first note of the game was always chosen by the champion.
- He is one of Alice's good-willed advisers, taking first note of her abilities as the true Alice.
- "What is most noticeable about Volkov here (BR114) is his consummate artistry from first note to last.
- They were unavailable so she left a note reading "No answer".
- The killer has left a note stating that Kishan had murdered Sohanlal.
- He left a note saying he did not want to drag his wife down with him and she granted him a divorce in 1985.
- On a side note, Cuthbert has a fear of becoming bald.
- In an interesting side note, Mt.
- On a side note, equipments bought for Research and Development are not added to inventory, but are capitalized as assets.