‹ Notophthalmus Notorious ›
Meanings and phrases
- the state of being known for some unfavorable act or quality; ill fame
- The "SOUND" and the "Dschungel" gained notoriety.
- Business was doing well and he gained notoriety.
- Their performances gained notoriety for their energy and antics.
- In 1929, Lock gave evidence at the Inquiry and achieved national notoriety when H.A.
- The Post Office obtained some notoriety when the Post mistress, Sadie S. Smock died in February 1928.
- He gained notoriety when he took on the Boss Abe Ruef machine in San Francisco, during the mayoralty of Eugene Schmitz.
- Some of the bogs on Dartmoor have achieved notoriety.
- Calibre 50 first achieved notoriety for their controversial songs, among them corridos.
- He achieved notoriety in 1995 when he asserted that rape victims could not get pregnant.