‹ Ondatra One-and-one ›
Meanings and phrases
- used of a single unit or thing; not two or more; 1; i; ane
- having the indivisible character of a unit; unitary
- of the same kind or quality
- used informally as an intensifier
- indefinite in time or position
- eminent beyond or above comparison; matchless; nonpareil; one and only; peerless; unmatched; unmatchable; unrivaled; unrivalled
- being a single entity made by combining separate components
- the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number; 1; I; ace; single; unity
- a single person or thing
Thousand and One Nights
- a collection of folktales in Arabic dating from the 10th century; Arabian Nights' Entertainment; Arabian Nights
- simultaneously; at a time; at once
- at a previous time; once; formerly; erstwhile; erst
- get very angry and fly into a rage; flip one's lid; blow up; throw a fit; hit the roof; hit the ceiling; have kittens; have a fit; combust; fly off the handle; flip one's wig; lose one's temper; blow a fuse; go ballistic
- pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life; die; decease; perish; go; exit; pass away; expire; pass; kick the bucket; buy the farm; conk; give-up the ghost; drop dead; pop off; choke; croak; snuff it
- take a short break from one's activities in order to relax; rest; breathe; take a breather
- perform a task as well as possible; go all out; give one's best; give full measure
- postpone doing what one should be doing; procrastinate; stall; drag one's heels; shillyshally; dilly-dally; dillydally
- postpone doing what one should be doing; procrastinate; stall; drag one's feet; shillyshally; dilly-dally; dillydally
- a cunning or deceitful action or device; trick
- get very angry and fly into a rage; blow up; throw a fit; hit the roof; hit the ceiling; have kittens; have a fit; combust; blow one's stack; fly off the handle; flip one's wig; lose one's temper; blow a fuse; go ballistic
- get very angry and fly into a rage; flip one's lid; blow up; throw a fit; hit the roof; hit the ceiling; have kittens; have a fit; combust; blow one's stack; fly off the handle; lose one's temper; blow a fuse; go ballistic
- to or from every one of two or more (considered individually); each; to each one; from each one; apiece
- as a particular one of several possibilities
- to or from every one of two or more (considered individually); each; to each one; for each one; apiece
- suffer the results or consequences of one's behavior or actions; take one's lumps
- perform a task as well as possible; go all out; do one's best; give full measure
- make illegal payments to in exchange for favors or influence; bribe; corrupt; buy
- be sufficiently competent in a certain situation
- maintain one's position and be in control of a situation
- as naked as at birth; mother-naked; naked as the day one was born; naked as the day you were born; in your birthday suit
- by reason of one's own ability or ownership etc.; in his own right; in her own right; in its own right
- stay clear of, avoid; stand back; keep one's eyes off; keep one's hands off; stay away
- stay clear of, avoid; stand back; keep one's distance; keep one's hands off; stay away
- pay attention; be watchful; keep one's eyes peeled; keep one's eyes skinned
- pay attention; be watchful; keep one's eyes skinned; keep one's eyes open
- pay attention; be watchful; keep one's eyes peeled; keep one's eyes open
- stay clear of, avoid; stand back; keep one's eyes off; keep one's distance; stay away
- refrain from divulging sensitive information; keep quiet about confidential information; keep quiet; shut one's mouth
- work doggedly or persistently; plug away; peg away; slog; keep one's shoulder to the wheel
- work doggedly or persistently; plug away; peg away; slog; keep one's nose to the grindstone
- get very angry and fly into a rage; flip one's lid; blow up; throw a fit; hit the roof; hit the ceiling; have kittens; have a fit; combust; blow one's stack; fly off the handle; flip one's wig; blow a fuse; go ballistic
- a person who you love, usually a member of your family
- as naked as at birth; mother-naked; naked as the day you were born; in one's birthday suit; in your birthday suit
- a reference to yourself or myself etc.; `take care of number one' means to put your own interests first
- the first or highest in an ordering or series; first
- the first element in a countable series; first; number 1
- a golf club (a wood) with a near vertical face that is used for hitting long shots from the tee; driver
- not prepared or vigilant; napping; off-guard; off guard; off his guard; off her guard; off your guard
- ten 10s; hundred; 100; C; century
- eminent beyond or above comparison; matchless; nonpareil; one; peerless; unmatched; unmatchable; unrivaled; unrivalled
one by one
- in single file; one after another; one at a time
- one piece at a time; by the piece
- apart from others; individually; separately; singly; severally; on an individual basis
- being ten more than ninety; hundred; 100; c
one hundred one
- being one more than one hundred; hundred and one; 101; ci
- (golf) the long iron with the most nearly vertical face; driving iron
- the number that is represented as a one followed by 12 zeros; in the United Kingdom the usage followed in the United States is frequently seen; billion; 1000000000000
- the number that is represented as a one followed by 12 zeros; trillion; 1000000000000
- the number that is represented as a one followed by 18 zeros; trillion
one one 's coattails
- immediately following or undeservedly benefiting from; on the coattails
- one part in a hundred equal parts; one-hundredth; hundredth
- a charge of ammunition for a single shot; round; unit of ammunition
- denoting a quantity consisting of 1,000 items or units; thousand; 1000; m; k
- the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100; thousand; 1000; M; K; chiliad; G; grand; thou; yard
- the number that is represented as a one followed by 9 zeros; billion; 1000000000
- the number that is represented as a one followed by 6 zeros; million; 1000000; meg
- on one occasion; once; in one case
- deceive somebody; flim-flam; play a joke on; play tricks; trick; fob; fox; play a trick on
- make a retreat from an earlier commitment or activity; retreat; pull back; back out; back away; crawfish; crawfish out; withdraw
reach one 's nostrils
- be smelled; have a strong odor
- refrain from divulging sensitive information; keep quiet about confidential information; keep quiet; keep one's mouth shut
sow one 's oats
- live promiscuously and self-indulgently; sow one's wild oats
- the situation in which you begin an endeavor and to which you return if your efforts fail
- suffer the results or consequences of one's behavior or actions; get one's lumps
- speak insincerely or without regard for facts or truths; bullshit; bull; fake
- to or from every one of two or more (considered individually); each; for each one; from each one; apiece
- (used colloquially) overly conceited or arrogant; -Laurent Le Sage; bigheaded; persnickety; snooty; snot-nosed; snotty; stuck-up; uppish
- be lazy or idle; bum; bum around; bum about; arse around; arse about; fuck off; loaf; frig around; lounge around; loll; loll around; lounge about
- In 1992, he played two matches and scored one goal.
- He scored one goal in 26 competitive appearances.
- He made ten league appearances and scored one goal.
- Until now, they played one season in European Cups.
- He played one season there before leaving football.
- After leaving Partizan, he played one season for OKK Beograd.
- He played there seven games and scoring one goal.
- At Oldham, he played only 17 times, scoring one goal.
- Aas was capped by Norway eight times, scoring one goal.
- It contains only one species, Prochita rasnitsyni.
- It contains only one species, Emiratomyia arabica.
- It contains only one species, Ellisell yochelsoni.
- The series was well liked but lasted only one season.
- Rhodes's tenure as head coach lasted only one season.
- The league and the team existed for only one season, 1980.
- "Single-handed" means sailed by only one person.
- Romania sent only one person to the 2018 Games.
- Households which contained only one person was at just 9%.
- "I know no one else today who could do that", he said.
- We were fairly certain no one else was going to fill that hole.
- He served only one year, until the end of his term.
- The artel existed only one year and was then disbanded.
- She had outlived her mother, Blanche, by only one year.
- 15 teams compete against one another and played each weekend.
- 13 teams competed against one another.
- He made one appearance for the team in 1992.
- Mokonyama made one appearance in the One-Day UCB Bowl in the same season.
- He also made one appearance in left field during his tenure with the Stockings.
- It's his only number one single as a solo artist.
- It was Fiasco's third Australian top ten and first number one single.
- Second single "Help Me Hold On" became his first number one single in 1990.
- ", Mr. McMahon named Hogan the number one contender to the title at Backlash.
- Following the victory, Khan was made number one contender for the WBO lightweight belt.
- The winner of the tournament became the number one contender to the Wave Single Championship.
- It became a true number one hit in Latvian music.
- His CD became a number one hit in the Latin music charts.
- "If it wasn't for Danny, I would never had had a number one hit record."
- He served one term, representing the Labour Party.
- He served one term for the 1794, 1795, and 1796 sessions.
- Culver served one term in the Senate, from 1975 until 1981.
- However, he left the school after only one game.
- In their first season, the Union played only one game.
- With the Bears, he started only one game.
- However, they were relegated after just one season.
- A women's event existed for just one season, in 2012.
- However, the "Onion League" folded after just one season.
- In the preseason, Illinois State played one game.
- In 1907-08 he played one game for the Kenora Thistles.
- He played one game for the Penguins in 2010.
- Ray left Juilliard in 1963, after just one year.
- It was incorporated just one year later in 1962.
- He left Creighton after just one year.
- where he spent one season with them before retiring.
- He spent one season at Barrow before being released.
- He spent one season redshirting due to injury.
- The latter two frequently appear on the number one spot.
- It was the last LP of the Trio to reach the number one spot.
- The track went on to reach the number one spot on iTunes in 90 countries.
- The village is a net exporter of workers, with about 8.6 workers leaving the village for every one entering.
- The village is a net exporter of workers, with about 7.4 workers leaving the village for every one entering.
- The village is a net exporter of workers, with about 5.8 workers leaving the village for every one entering.
- He played one match for the Danish national team.
- He also played one match for Victoria in 1870.
- In December 1936, he played one match for Athletic Bilbao.
- Sally spent one year covering the war in Afghanistan.
- He then spent one year practitioning Buddhism in Japan.
- He spent one year playing for Serbian team Crvena zvezda.
- Motherlode released one album, "Sanctuary", in 1986.
- Wallace has released one album, "Push Rewind" in 2012.
- They released one album, called "Parallel Prophecies".
- There is only one known existing manuscript.
- There is only one known species, Humeocline madagascariensis.
- Tetricus was one of his three sons and the only one known by name.
- The "Llewellyn" class were powered by a diesel engine driving one propeller shaft, rated at .
- For surface running, the boats were powered by two diesel engines, each driving one propeller shaft.
- He appeared in 10 games and started just one game.
- He then moved to FK Jagodina he played just one game.
- After finishing just one game behind the N.L.
- The poem appears in only one other book by Tolkien, "The Road Goes Ever On".
- Other than Abby May and her daughters, only one other woman joined, Ann Page.
- By 1076, Cyriacus was set free, but there was only one other bishop in the province.
- Martin continued: "It sounds like he's playing it to just one person late one evening, which is very George ...
- Out of a total of 316 households that answered this question, 32.6% were households made up of just one person and 4 were adults who lived with their parents.
- Out of a total of 943 households that answered this question, 23.5% were households made up of just one person and 19 were adults who lived with their parents.
- The video reached the number one position on the GAC countdown in early December.
- The winner would be in the number one position to challenge champion Jorge Linares.
- "Don't Lose Your Hucklebuck Shoes" returned the band to the number one position later in 1965.
- He had at least one other child, Thomas Stafford.
- At least one other person is reported to have been killed.
- Therefore, Theophilus had at least one other son named Jonathan, father to Johanna.
- Schall von Bell died within one year of his release.
- Civilian rule was restored within one year in the first two instances.
- Unfortunately, the couple was found dead within one year of their marriage.
- I want to emphasize just one point, which should interest you particularly as students.
- The Honey Bear is finally just one point away from the relegation zone of the Liga 2 East Region.
- Lewis Hamilton won by just one point in 2008, with Jenson Button winning the following year, in 2009.
- every ten minutes) for at least one year and preferably two or more.
- The rule effectively mandated that players spend at least one year in college.
- He played mostly for the All Nations and at least one year for the French Lick Plutos.
- Andrew visited Catalonia on at least one occasion.
- It suggests that Rudd misled MPs on at least one occasion".
- On at least one occasion, slopes were re-opened in May after a heavy snowfall.
- Tommy Bridges won after just one day of rest.
- The coalition from the east can't be defeated in just one day.
- An inspired Newsom won Game 5 and pitched Game 7 on just one day's rest.
- Tùng has received one award from two nominations.
- Ghoshal has received one award seven nominations.
- This is his second number one album within seven months.
- It became their third number one album in their home country.
- It was Springsteen's ninth number one album in the United States.
- He had become an ordained priest only one day earlier.
- Until recently, women were allowed entry only one day in the year.
- However, he left the show after only one day - the first Kiwi celebrity to quit the show.
- He would play only one more game for his career, in 1898.
- However, the team won only one more game that season and finished 7–9.
- He remained in training for another two years but won only one more race.
- I swear to God, no one knows how lonely I get.
- It was known to be created in 1899 but no one knows if it was made.
- Markets may dry up as no one knows what these securities are really worth.
- So, there can be only one point, and that's to spend it.
- He got sacked on 28 October 2019, after winning only one point of the possible nine in three games.
- a 3–0 defeat away to Dunfermline meant United had picked up only one point in their opening two league matches.
- Suches is approximately one mile from the Appalachian Trail (AT) as it passes through Woody Gap.
- The lake is irregular in shape, with numerous peninsulas and bays, and is approximately one mile in diameter.
- After World War II, the C&S RR was extended to Peachtree Jct., approximately one mile from Centerville Station.
- The Rabbitohs had won only one match in 1945.
- He left the club after only one match.
- The Australians lost only one match, and won the Test series 2-0.
- New Visions Music Group was responsible for nine number one singles.
- It included his 7 UK number one singles, and other hits since his career began in 1984.
- "You Still Move Me", "I Will Be There", and "Three Time Loser" were all number one singles.
- ", became number one hits in Latin America.
- All of these songs were number one hits in the UK Singles Chart.
- The album launched two number one hits in the title song and "Vincent".
- The society raised a total of £10,000 in just one week.
- 1 ranking in the ATP point system, albeit for just one week in August.
- 1 ranking for just one week.
- The single appeared in 1962 and spent one week at no.
- It spent one week at #1 in early 1959.
- It also spent one week at number two and two weeks at number three.
- If punishable by exactly one year or less, it is classified as a misdemeanor.
- The pilot episode aired in December 2004, broadcast exactly one year after Sat.
- In January 1989 he was employed at a Cooper-BMW dealership in Rothley near Loughborough for exactly one year.
- Per the Pennsylvania Department of Education, one in three recent high school graduates who attend Pennsylvania's public universities and community colleges takes at least one remedial course in math, reading or English.
- Pitchfork Media named "My Love" as their number one song of 2006.
- It also became Cardi B's second number one song on the Radio Songs chart.
- 's first number one song when it topped the Adult R&B Songs charts in October 2018.
- He begins to delight in taunting them, until one day when Chief breaks his chain and chases him.
- After his death, the mother worked every day and night to feed the family until one day, she was sick.
- Lillien always battled with her weight until one day she decided she was going about dieting all wrong.
- Frustrated, M2M returned to Norway after only one week in the US.
- When Skelton dropped out only one week before the fight due to injury, Danny Williams replaced him.
- It also reached number one on the UK Albums Chart, although it stayed at the top spot for only one week.
- Roos resigned just one month into the partnership, selling back his interest to Cessna.
- "Happy Summer Wedding" was released on May 17, 2000, marking Tsuji's debut just one month before turning age thirteen.
- The competition drawings were circulated on display, with 25,000 people coming to see them in Chicago in just one month.
- The Falcons finished the season 13–3, and clinched the number one seed in the NFC playoffs.
- With the number one seed, the Flash earned home field advantage through the playoffs, and drew No.
- The team rallied to win their final three to finish at 11–5 and gain the number one seed in the NFC.
- Each team will play 20 conference games, and at least one game against each opponent.
- Supposedly, he would play at least one game before a battle in order to prepare himself.
- During his college career, he started at least one game in every offensive line position.
- Busta Rhymes received one nomination and won one.
- Jonas Brothers have received one nomination and won.
- Joe Jonas has received one nomination and won.
- Some medieval coins, called bracteates, were so thin they were struck on only one side.
- These are simple galls with the leaf rolled downwards affecting only one side of the leaf.
- Of the Mirabello Castle, having originally a quadrilater layout, only one side has survived.
- Mexico qualified one athlete in Archery.
- Peru qualified one athlete in judo.
- Saint Lucia qualified one athlete.
- Dykes has only one win against any of Cal's in-state Pac-12 rivals.
- After the club's poor start of season and only one win in nine matches Marijo Tot took over as head coach on 15 May 2015.
- After a catastrophic beginning of the 1983–84 season with only one win in 13 matches, Buhtz was dismissed on 22 October 1984.
- ("Damn, just one more and I would have gotten that toaster oven.")
- He led the team that year with 163 penalty minutes, just one more minute than Cody McLeod.
- If he had just one more major tournament win in 1977 he would have been ranked at number one.
- He only played one more match for Twente in the KNVB-Beker.
- He played one more match, against Lancashire, but made a pair.
- He played one more year of junior hockey before joining the Canadian Army.
- Its collection consists of nearly one million objects.
- The launch was cheered by a crowd of nearly one million inside the Kennedy Space Center and in the surrounding area.
- As of today, nearly one million people are living with minimal wages or unemployed not enough to cover their costs of living.
- LST-512 received one battle star for World War II Service.
- "LST-517" received one battle star for World War II service.
- "Washakie" received one battle star for World War II service.
- In Bosnia (Republika Srpska), Montenegro and Serbia, holiday sales starts in the middle of December and last for at least one month.
- He started as the indisputable first goalie of the club, till 17 December 2015 when he suffered a finger injury in training and will remain out of action for at least one month.
- This indicates a local climate in which at least one month has an average temperature high enough to melt snow (0 °C (32 °F)), but no month with an average temperature in excess of 10 °C (50 °F).
- Santavy qualified as the number one ranked athlete in the 94 kg event.
- The Wolverines fell to 1–21 all-time against number one ranked teams when it lost to Kansas.
- Michigan was coming into the contest as the number one ranked team in the country with a 6–0 record.
- However, only one month later in April 1994, the company filed for bankruptcy.
- The engagement lasted only one month until Warne died of pernicious anaemia at age 37.
- He was succeeded in August 2007, only one month before the University College became the University of Agder.
- Lincoln had pledged in 1846 to serve only one term in the House.
- He served only one term.
- They made one more single that would be an important one.
- They made one more burn of the Agena to circularize their orbit to .
- She kept her word and only made one more film, "The Edifying and Joyous Story of Colinot" (1973).
- Along the way, they conceded only one goal.
- He finished the campaign with 30 total appearances scoring only one goal.
- In 2013 season Gevorkyan scored 18 goals, only one goal less than best scorer Oleksandr Pyschur.
- On January 13 at Genesis, Daniels defeated Storm in a number one contenders match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.
- Six days later at the pay-per-view, Team Rhodes Scholars defeated Mysterio and Sin Cara to become the number one contenders to the WWE Tag Team Championship.
- ", where Jericho defeated Triple H in a number one contenders match due to interference by The Undertaker, who also cost Triple H the Undisputed WWF Championship at Backlash.
- From 2007 only one team per nation is allowed to compete.
- Countries assemble and send only one team to represent them.
- Editions with only one team registered not included in this ranking.
- He played one year in Belgium for Racing Bruxelles.
- He then played one year for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- He also played one year for the Hamilton Wildcats in 1949.
- Trump added, "Growing up no one knew him", a claim ranked Pants-on-Fire by Politifact.
- Moreover, no one knew enough about the human immune system to understand why vaccination worked.
- As Bjarne Stroustrup notes, "one problem with Algol60 was that no one knew how to implement it."
- He earned one cap with the Brazilian national team in 1966.
- During his time at Maine Road he also earned one cap for the England 'B' team.
- He is also a former soccer player who earned one cap for the Canadian national side in 1985.
- He has made only one appearance, in "Who Bopped Bugs Bunny?
- After only one appearance Mohsen would be released by the Fury in August 2018.
- After only one appearance, Falkingham was released by the club at the end of the season.
- The series only lasted one season and 8 episodes were aired.
- This league only lasted one season, so in 1892 no championship was held.
- His time with the club again only lasted one season playing just two games.
- This initial failed castration caused at least one member to leave Heaven's Gate.
- During this time period, at least one member of the "tent" was required to be present.
- Timed Destination-- The player must guide at least one member of the team to a red square on the map.
- They had at least one son, Thomas.
- It is generally held that Claudius Tiberianus had at least one son, Claudius Terentianus.
- In 1799 he married Louise Andrea Stephansen (1779-1825), with whom he had at least one son.
- He made just one appearance for Tacuarembó.
- However, the loan spell was ended prematurely on 9 February after just one appearance.
- After just one appearance, Gspurning left PAOK when the club decided not extend his contract.
- "Cornwallis" suffered only one man wounded in the action.
- During the dig, there were only two accidents, and only one man died.
- Mithqal was riding his mare in the desert accompanied by only one man.
- The Harold Hill Independent Party won one seat.
- The LCL won one seat, rural Murray from Labor.
- Labor won one seat, rural Murray from the LCL.
- Mason Jewett Field Mason Jewett Field is a public use airport located one nautical mile (1.85 km) southeast of the central business district of Mason, in Ingham County, Michigan, United States.
- Brooks Field (Michigan) Brooks Field is a city-owned, public-use airport located one nautical mile (1.85 km) south of the central business district of Marshall, a city in Calhoun County, Michigan, United States.
- Haverstraw Heliport Haverstraw Heliport is a privately owned, public use heliport located one nautical mile (2 km) east of Haverstraw, a village in the Town of Haverstraw, Rockland County, New York, United States.
- At least one person in one group shot a handgun at the police.
- At least one person died, who was being rescued using a steel rope when the building collapsed.
- Of the 718 islands, only 47 are inhabited in the sense that at least one person resides on that island.
- After approximately one year of operation, a new campus was constructed at unit-IX.
- Gwen Bell joined within six months, and remained with the team for approximately one year.
- Demolition of the rest of the stadium is expected to start in December 2017 and take approximately one year.
- Peru qualified one boat based on its performance at the American Qualification Regatta.
- Portugal qualified one boat based on its performance at the Techno 293+ European Qualifier.
- Portugal qualified one boat based on its performance at the 2018 World Qualification Event.
- In 13 postseason appearances, Tazawa allowed only one run.
- From June 23 to July 4, he pitched 20 innings allowing only one run.
- Bush started Game 3 and pitched a complete game, surrendering only one run on nine hits.
- There is only one way to the castle from the north.
- There is only one way out for you..." with audio recordings of King's sexual indiscretions.
- There Panikkar said the traditional monk is "only one way of realizing [this] universal archetype.
- Del Rey has won one award from nine nominations.
- Del Rey has won one award from five nominations.
- Del Rey has won one award from two nominations.
- John Adams argued at least one case in this courthouse, on May 16, 1767.
- In at least one case opposition to Nono's composition went beyond words.
- Lumbar disc herniation has been reported to cause CSF leaks in at least one case.
- Each heat win on stage one was worth one point.
- The Ryder Cup is a match play event, with each match worth one point.
- Each match win on day 1 was worth one point, on day 2 two points, and on day 3 three points.
- In this village there are nearly one hundred families.
- In these two engagements nearly one hundred Rhode Islanders fell.
- The collection includes short and long poems, with some having nearly one hundred lines.
- The falls are located one mile (1.6 km) east of Bridal Veil Falls.
- Freehold Airport is located one mile west of the town and is a major hub for gliders.
- It is located one mile south of South Dakota Highway 28, five miles west of Lake Norden.
- This band recorded one album for Liberty Records.
- They recorded one album, "The Black Spot", between 1987 and 1991.
- They have recorded one album with the name Brand New Antiques in 2003
- There is at least one described species in "Acrocyum".
- There is at least one described species in "Evotus", "E. naso".
- There is at least one described species in "Chane", "C. baure".
- But no one ever admitted openly of its writing.
- There was no encouragement; no one ever said I had any talent.
- The game then breaks up, no one ever having seen the winning hand.
- There was only one candidate, Meek, and he was elected unanimously.
- Since only one candidate was nominated, there was no need for a vote.
- In recent years the council has suggested only one candidate, who is normally a member of the council.
- The United Australia Party was defending one seat.
- The Democratic Labor Party was defending one seat.
- Cowdrey lasted just one match, replaced in turn by Graham Gooch.
- He missed just one match, when injury prevented him facing Leeds United in October.
- In the case of the matchbox, one patient brought the whole box up next to the wick, instead of just one match.
- Today, approximately one third of New Zealand is under the mandate of the Department of Conservation.
- All of these enterprises were purchased by Prokhorov and Potanin for approximately one third of their estimated market value.
- In Los Angeles County, home to 1.4 million people aged 60 or older, EPICenter data show that approximately one third fall each year.