‹ Passado Passages ›
Meanings and phrases
- the act of passing from one state or place to the next; transition
- a section of text; particularly a section of medium length
- a way through or along which someone or something may pass
- the passing of a law by a legislative body; enactment
- a journey usually by ship; transit
- a short section of a musical composition; musical passage
- a path or channel or duct through or along which something may pass; passageway
- a bodily reaction of changing from one place or stage to another; passing
- the act of passing something to another person; handing over
- the motion of one object relative to another; passing
- a naturally protected waterway from Seattle to Skagway in southeastern Alaska; Inside Passage
- a naturally protected waterway from Seattle to Skagway in southeastern Alaska; Inland Passage
- a water route between the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean along the northern coast of North America; Europeans since the 16th century had searched for a short route to the Far East before it was successfully traversed by Roald Amundsen (1903-1906)
- a channel between eastern Cuba and western Haiti that connects the Atlantic Ocean with the Caribbean Sea
- a duct that provides ventilation (as in mines); air duct; airway
- any bird that migrates seasonally
- someone who leads a wandering unsettled life; wanderer; roamer; rover
- a short section of a musical composition; passage
- a passage full of ornate and flowery language
- a ritual performed in some cultures at times when an individual changes status (as from adolescence to adulthood)
- One last form of using rudeness is as a rite of passage.
- This ritual was an important part of puberty and a rite of passage.
- In some societies, for example, it is considered a rite of passage.
- In 1996, had a brief passage through Rede Manchete.
- Some even chased right whales on passage through the strait.
- The larvae release enzymes to assist their passage through the skin.
- "Cake" a story about love, loss and passage of time.
- The MKCsBK's goal has also changed with the passage of time.
- The passage of time does not protect a sexual predator from justice.
- The British relent and allow the "Exodus" safe passage.
- Working in camouflage was not a guarantee of a safe passage through the war.
- This would enclose some further whilst providing safe passage across the estuary.
- There was also a small stairway in the passage between the bathing and drawing room to the second floor.
- On 23 April 2013, "Victoria Seaways" caught fire whilst on passage between Kiel, Germany and Klaipeda in Lithuania.
- FGM is not invariably a rite of passage between childhood and adulthood, but is often performed on much younger children.
- In May 2011, Larijani threatened to allow free passage of drug smugglers through Iran.
- When Radetzky offered its citizens free passage from the city, half the population left.
- Deskaheh was influential in Rickard's commitment to the cause of free passage across the border.
- The following passage addresses the signs of God's supremacy over nature.
- Maunsell described the scene in the following passage: "This was magnificent, very fertile, and with many fruit trees.
- The following passage quoted by Langdon shows the modus operandi of the Utukku: The wicked Utukku who slays man alive on the plain.
- Immediately following the passage of the Act, a challenge was filed in the High Court.
- In early 1936, following the passage of the Bonus Act, Roosevelt again sought to increase taxes on corporate profits.
- The entire territory was eventually ceded by Spain to Morocco in 1969 following the passage of UN General Assembly resolution 2072.
- In these cultures, men are also expected to go through various rites of passage.
- Moko marked rites of passage for people of chiefly rank, as well as significant events in their lives.
- Elaborate and esthetic hymns on wedding suggest rites of passage had developed during the Rigvedic period.
- The underground passage is currently the only one in the city.
- In the underground passage to NatLab artist Daan Roosegaarde installed his project Crystal.
- Omoto Station has a single island platform connected to the station building by an underground passage.
- The "Boston Post" noted that "Northern Light" carried no cargo during the passage.
- However, she died during the passage, and due to the superstition of some of the passengers her body was thrown overboard.
- The locomotives were built by Ansaldo of Sampierdarena and deliveries took place during the passage of the Sicula Network to the FS.
- The house was connected by a secret passage to the adjacent Anglican church.
- Meanwhile, Craig has entered the house and accidentally discovers the secret passage.
- The residents all evacuate through a secret passage to the woods behind the community.
- Icebergs and a narrow passage make the Strait of Belle Isle a hazardous body of water.
- Pirate attacks have not stopped the 50,000 ships that annually transit the narrow passage.
- The Katoghike (Cathedral) church stands south of S. Nshan, with a narrow passage dividing them.