‹ Patiently Patina ›
Meanings and phrases
- The revenue from the museum is used to assist cancer patients.
- McCorkle wanted to better understand management of terminal cancer patients.
- As a result, 80% of cancer patients present with advanced/incurable cancers.
- It occurs in 30%-70% of the patients suffering from TBI.
- Here, Biswanger worked with patients suffering from Schizophrenia, melancholy and mania.
- The treatment may also provide relief for hiatal hernia patients suffering acute symptoms.
- He “was watching many patients fall ill with AIDS.
- In many patients, this can lead to insomnia and excessive daytime sleepiness.
- It drew so many patients to the city that in 1896 a new, larger building was put up.
- 112 patients were treated in the Infirmary during the year.
- In 2007, 293 patients were treated via drugs from TopoTarget's pipeline.
- It opened its doors on June 28, 1905; more than 70 patients were treated by the end of that first day.
- Almost all patients with NSIP will be on oxygen.
- A fifth of all patients were from abroad.
- They offered treatment to all patients regardless of social or economic position.
- The number of patients failing to complete their course of drugs was high.
- It then had 50 beds; the number of patients increased from 82 in the first year to 430 in 1929.
- Over the years, the number of patients, mainly women, who required treatment for acid attacks has grown.
- The proposal was to allow terminally ill patients to be given lethal drugs.
- Each different hospital is staffed by medical teams and is packed with ill patients.
- This time will be significantly reduced in obese patients, ill patients and children.
- In 1959, the National Cancer Institute (NCI) again reviewed cases of patients treated by Gerson.
- Diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea and vomiting are common among patients treated with idarubicin.
- Large amounts of orotidine are excreted in the urine of cancer patients treated with 6-azauridine.
- Patients were also divided up to minimize the risk of spreading illnesses to other patients.
- After watching Newman's handling of this situation and other patients on the ward, Corum transfers in.
- They chose an appointment in the evening knowing that there would be no other patients in the waiting room.
- He said "I don't know why they were using it to treat patients".
- Protons were first used to treat patients with certain cancers less than 10 years later.
- He is notable for using psychodynamic psychotherapy to treat patients with schizophrenia.
- The OPA describes their clientele as racially and ethnically diverse, with most patients in their 20s.
- An elevated concentration of autoantibodies that block interferon-gamma was detected in most patients.
- In the months following injury or stroke, most patients receive traditional treatment for a few hours per day.
- Understanding a patients’ view of health and disease is important for diagnosis and treatment.
- So providers need to assess patients’ health beliefs and practices to improve quality of care.
- It is important for providers to be cognizant of patients’ health beliefs and practices without being judgmental or reacting.
- The Élan School closed in 2011 due to criticism of its alleged treatment of patients.
- Under their management, the treatment of patients with spinal injuries was revolutionised.
- It specializes in the clinical and surgical treatment of patients with oncological diseases.
- On November 12, 1884, the new hospital began treating patients.
- Chiropractors, especially in America, have a reputation for unnecessarily treating patients.
- Bioinstrumentation has revolutionized the medical field, and has made treating patients much easier.
- In addition, hydration must be administered to patients receiving cidofovir.
- The top 30% of antibody responders (61 of the total 201 patients receiving drug) were examined in detail.
- Furthermore, patients receiving such interventions should be informed that it was outside mainstream practice.
- Many of Batman's adversaries are often psychiatric patients at Arkham Asylum.
- General anaesthesia is preferred for ocular surgeries in anxious adults, psychiatric patients, infants and children.
- The sanitarium was gradually changing into a long-term care facility for the elderly, with fewer psychiatric patients.
- was a French nurse convicted of murdering her elderly patients.
- She found that often, elderly patients had mental illnesses that went undiagnosed.
- In elderly patients, meclofenoxate has been shown to improve performance on certain memory tests.
- Cachexia is a poor prognostic sign in patients with chronic heart failure.
- One randomized controlled trial of 157 patients with chronic migraine was published in October 2012.
- Kyrle disease is a rare disease unless there is a high count of patients with chronic kidney failure.
- Initially, the hospital only accepted male patients; female patients were only welcomed from 1912 onwards.
- Cases of the syndrome were first observed in three elderly female patients suffering from presenile dementia.
- He saw the plight of female patients as an undergraduate and took up the Obstetrics and Gynecology as his career.
- Themison was criticized by Soranus for his cruel handling of mental patients.
- Lim's treatments also included an electro-shock therapy based on that used on mental patients.
- Bruce Link and colleagues have conducted several studies which point to the influence that labeling can have on mental patients.
- They prevent VTE in patients undergoing hip- and knee replacement surgery.
- 6.6% of patients undergoing primary TAR require a reoperation within 12 months of the index procedure.
- Dabigatran etexilate was approved in Canada and Europe in 2008 for the prevention of VTE in patients undergoing hip- and knee surgery.
- Until 1941, no Jewish doctors were given access to help patients leaving many dead from lack of proper healthcare.
- Understanding these mechanisms is likely to be crucial in developing new modes of therapy to help patients cope with their disorder.
- Therefore, they do not provide information about safety or effectiveness that would help patients and physicians make well informed decisions.
- Spondylolisthesis patients without symptoms do not need to be treated.
- People with diabetes usually have lower levels of nitric oxide than patients without diabetes.
- The youthful physician's fame spread quickly, and he treated many patients without asking for payment.
- The results, covering 50,000 patients, showed that a large proportion reported their adult patients seeing visions just before death.
- Pitolisant represents the first new therapy in the U.S. in over 15 years for the treatment of both EDS and cataplexy in adult patients with narcolepsy.
- Orton's interest in learning disabilities stemmed from his early work as a pathologist in Massachusetts, where he worked with adult patients with brain damage.
- However, expression was inconsistent among patients.
- Severity of expressive aphasia varies among patients.
- Although allergens differ among patients, the most common cause is hay fever.
- About 1,200, or 0.1% of bicalutamide prescriptions were dispensed to pediatric patients (age 0–16).
- Since diagnosis in pediatric patients is difficult, large number of cases are not properly reported.
- When contact granulomas do occur in female and pediatric patients, they usually occur post-intubation.
- Consequently, patients with severe deficiencies in this CYP, i.e.
- Successful use of charcoal hemoperfusion has been claimed in patients with severe aconite poisoning.
- The excretion of ofloxacin may be reduced in patients with severe liver function disorders (e.g., cirrhosis with or without ascites).
- Candida is the fourth most common cause of bloodstream infections among hospital patients in the United States.
- Enclaves include mental hospital patients, members of the military, and prisoners, and students (while at school).
- The Nazi practice of euthanasia was carried out on hospital patients in the Aktion T4 centers such as Hartheim Castle.