‹ Peaceably Peacefully ›
Meanings and phrases
- not disturbed by strife or turmoil or war; peaceable
- peacefully resistant in response to injustice; passive
- Unfortunately the world became not more peaceful but less, due to the war with terrorism.
- For example, the forest was meant to be like a forest, but a bit more peaceful than a real one would be.
- The culturally pluralist amalgamation was perhaps made also to make the election time a bit more peaceful."
- What had started as an idea for a peaceful resolution turned ugly.
- The party advocated Yugoslavism, market reforms and a peaceful resolution to the Yugoslav crisis.
- He led a seventeen-nation delegation to Nigeria during the civil war for advocacy and peaceful resolution of the conflict.
- It was a less than peaceful protest.
- Human rights groups fear the powers could hinder peaceful protest.
- Students and tutors staged a peaceful protest during after-dinner speeches.
- However, this peaceful coexistence did not last.
- After decades of peaceful coexistence, tensions arose between settlers and natives.
- Khrushchev then announced the theory of peaceful coexistence, which angered Hoxha greatly.
- Instead the radio brings the Westcotts' peaceful life to an end.
- Poornima Jayaram, a widow living in Ooty, leads a peaceful life with her two sons.
- However Eloisa didn't expect that her friend Clarisse will destroy her peaceful life.
- Madero argued that the revolutionaries should henceforth proceed solely by peaceful means.
- In so doing, UNDO hoped to achieve through peaceful means that which was not attained through war.
- As a "philosophical home ruler," he supported Home Rule for Ireland brought about by peaceful means.
- He believes decentralization should be part of this peaceful solution.
- DeKalb was in favor of preserving the Union and wanted a peaceful solution.
- International negotiations for a peaceful solution to the Namibian problem increased.
- The early years of the fort were relatively peaceful.
- The boat's seventh patrol was relatively peaceful with no contacts.
- Some encounters were violent, while others were relatively peaceful.
- Britain paid and the episode ended in peaceful relations.
- He also tried to promote peaceful relations between his bishopric and its neighbour states.
- Gombodorj dis his best to maintain peaceful relations with the rising Manchus by sending tribute.
- On July 19, the convention's second day, peaceful protests continued.
- The strikes were supported by peaceful protests in the cities of Bamenda, Buea and Limbe.
- He was a pioneer in organising peaceful protests in Damascus denouncing the government’s crackdown of the Arab Spring.
- It ended by calling for co-operation at all levels to find a peaceful settlement in the country.
- This warfare contradicts the popular and at times academic "myth" of peaceful settlement in Australia.
- On July 3 Chiang Kai-shek arrived in Beijing and met the representative from the Fengtian clique to discuss a peaceful settlement.