‹ Phascolarctos Phase-out ›
Meanings and phrases
- any distinct time period in a sequence of events; stage
- (physical chemistry) a distinct state of matter in a system; matter that is identical in chemical composition and physical state and separated from other material by the phase boundary; form
- a particular point in the time of a cycle; measured from some arbitrary zero and expressed as an angle; phase angle
- (astronomy) the particular appearance of a body's state of illumination (especially one of the recurring shapes of the part of Earth's moon that is illuminated by the sun)
- arrange in phases or stages
- adjust so as to be in a synchronized condition
- (psychoanalysis) the second sexual and social stage of a child's development during which bowel control is learned; anal stage
- (of colloids) a substance in the colloidal state; dispersed particles
- (of colloids) a substance in which another is colloidally dispersed; dispersion medium; dispersing medium
- the time in the menstrual cycle when fertilization is most likely to be possible (7 days before to 7 days after ovulation); fertile period
- the time when the Moon is fully illuminated; full moon; full-of-the-moon; full
- (psychoanalysis) the fifth sexual and social stage in a person's development occurring during adolescence; interest focuses on sexual activity; genital stage
- (psychoanalysis) the fourth period (from about age 5 or 6 until puberty) during which sexual interests are supposed to be sublimated into other activities; latency stage; latency period
- the second half of the menstrual cycle after ovulation; the corpus luteum secretes progesterone which prepares the endometrium for the implantation of an embryo; if fertilization does not occur then menstrual flow begins; secretory phase
- the phase of the menstrual cycle during which the lining of the uterus is shed (the first day of menstrual flow is considered day 1 of the menstrual cycle)
- (psychoanalysis) the first sexual and social stage of an infant's development; the mouth is the focus of the libido and satisfaction comes from suckling and chewing and biting; oral stage
- (psychoanalysis) the third stage in a child's development when awareness of and manipulation of the genitals is supposed to be a primary source of pleasure; phallic stage
- a clinical trial on a few persons to determine the safety of a new drug or invasive medical device; for drugs, dosage or toxicity limits should be obtained; phase I clinical trial
- a clinical trial on a few persons to determine the safety of a new drug or invasive medical device; for drugs, dosage or toxicity limits should be obtained; phase I
- a clinical trial on more persons than in phase I; intended to evaluate the efficacy of a treatment for the condition it is intended to treat; possible side effects are monitored; phase II clinical trial
- a clinical trial on more persons than in phase I; intended to evaluate the efficacy of a treatment for the condition it is intended to treat; possible side effects are monitored; phase II
- a large clinical trial of a treatment or drug that in phase I and phase II has been shown to be efficacious with tolerable side effects; after successful conclusion of these clinical trials it will receive formal approval from the FDA; phase III clinical trial
- a large clinical trial of a treatment or drug that in phase I and phase II has been shown to be efficacious with tolerable side effects; after successful conclusion of these clinical trials it will receive formal approval from the FDA; phase III
- sometimes the FDA approves a drug for general use but requires the manufacturer to continue to monitor its effects; during this phase the drug may be tried on slightly different patient populations than those studied in earlier trials; phase IV clinical trial
- sometimes the FDA approves a drug for general use but requires the manufacturer to continue to monitor its effects; during this phase the drug may be tried on slightly different patient populations than those studied in earlier trials; phase IV
- a particular point in the time of a cycle; measured from some arbitrary zero and expressed as an angle; phase
- a change from one state (solid or liquid or gas) to another without a change in chemical composition; phase transition; state change; physical change
- The methods are suitable to study defects, diffusion, phase change, magnetism.
- They include chemical reactions, increase of pressure, increase of temperature, and phase change.
- GeSbTe is a phase change material used for its optic properties, such as that used in rewritable DVDs.
- introduce gradually
- modulation of the phase of the carrier wave; PM
- terminate gradually
- (physics) an ideal space in which the coordinate dimensions represent the variables that are required to describe a system or substance
- All the transitions are shown in the phase space below.
- Consider dynamics in phase space.
- In most cases the patch cannot be extended to the entire phase space.
- a change from one state (solid or liquid or gas) to another without a change in chemical composition; phase change; state change; physical change
- Any addition of thermal energy results in a phase transition.
- In physics, condensation typically refers to a gas-liquid phase transition.
- The temperature of the phase transition is believed to be quite close to the melting point.
- a laboratory test of a new drug or a new invasive medical device on animal subjects; conducted to gather evidence justifying a clinical trial; preclinical trial; preclinical test
- the second half of the menstrual cycle after ovulation; the corpus luteum secretes progesterone which prepares the endometrium for the implantation of an embryo; if fertilization does not occur then menstrual flow begins; luteal phase
- The first phase of the world consisted only of heat.
- More than is needed for first phase of this project.
- In the first phase, available for weekends only.
- The second phase was completed in October 2010.
- A second phase of renovation, then added: 1.
- The second phase of his career was devoted to politics.
- The Live shows are the final phase of the competition.
- This put her in eighth place going into the final phase.
- The final phase is scheduled for completion around 2020.
- Finally, the third phase, ascent flight occurs.
- The third phase would the celebration of the year 2000 itself.
- The third phase is initiated during the beginning of the Late Jurassic.
- Temporary walls were put up until the next phase.
- The redevelopment of the Joske's space would be the next phase.
- In September 2013, Marvel announced a next phase of Marvel NOW!
- He was now to appear before the public in a new phase.
- Bastia training policy is entering a new phase six years ago.
- For her next big series, "Mute," Sutil marks a new phase in her career.
- At the initial phase, it included only College of Computing.
- There were many difficulties during the initial phase of production.
- After this initial phase, the medication may be reduced in dose or frequency, e.g.
- It is expressed in an early phase of infection.
- The "Scientific Renaissance" was the early phase of the Scientific Revolution.
- On low BASE jumps, parachute deployment takes place during this early phase of flight.
- In the gas phase, alcohols are more acidic than in water.
- The reaction took place in the gas phase.
- Dilithium (Li) and disodium (Na) are known in the gas phase.
- By 18 September 1858 Hind's expedition was beginning its last phase.
- The last phase is deceleration.
- This type of pottery diminishes through the end of the last phase of EBA.
- A total of 16 teams competed in the knockout phase.
- The knockout phase then moved to Istanbul's Sinan Erdem Dome.
- The knockout phase began on 24 February with four first-leg ties.
- Now the toll has entered the construction phase.
- to enable the Stanhope Scheme to commence its construction phase.
- The project is now in the construction phase and due to open mid 2018.
- The phase shift, formula_23 is defined by the following formula.
- QAM used a combination of phase shift and amplitude to encode four bits per symbol.
- As wind passes through the cavity, a change in the wave's property occurs (phase shift).
- UJA continues to fundraise to begin the second phase of construction.
- The smaller northern prayer hall dates to the first phase of construction.
- The first phase of construction is budgeted to cost US$1.6 million (approx.
- No further phase transitions are observed up to 57 GPa.
- This is a great improvement in the study of first order phase transitions.
- More recently, he has studied the mathematical theory of phase transitions.
- For each phase particular determinants are more relevant.
- Below is the table with the point distribution for each phase of the tournament.
- Below is the tables with the point distribution for each phase of the tournament.
- The capillary is packed with stationary phase.
- If the matrix support, or stationary phase, is polar (e.g.
- The selection properties may be augmented by a liquid stationary phase on the membrane.
- The project is in the design phase .
- During the design phase, the car was indicated with the code "Type X6S".
- During the design phase the project became known as the Winburndale Dam.
- The Zotye T700 name was actually used during the development phase of the Zotye SR9.
- These houses were built during the last decade of Worcester's triple decker development phase.
- The first prototype, which returned to service in 1948, continued the flight testing and development phase.
- Alkene epoxidation has been demonstrated in absence of H reuductant in the liquid phase.
- The term "cytosol" is now used to refer to the liquid phase of the cytoplasm in an intact cell.
- It is possible to extract a solute from one liquid phase to another without a chemical reaction.
- In the group phase Russia took the fifth position and finished their performance.
- The tournament started with a group phase round-robin followed by a knockout stage.
- The growth rate during this phase was per year, based on an adult 1.3 tonnes.
- Rates of RNA transcription and protein synthesis are very low during this phase.
- The Community Plan Training (CPT) is provided to Community Boards during this phase.
- On 25 April 2015, it was announced that the testing phase of development had been successfully Completed.
- In the neuroblast phase of development α-internexin is found in the neural tube and neural crest derived neuroblasts.
- It is undoubtedly in the best interests of Anglo that a new Chief Executive is appointed to lead the Bank through its next phase of development.
- In this case single phase distribution transformers are used.
- The project was completed in a single phase ending in February 2001.
- The system chosen was single phase alternating current at 12 kV and 16⅔ Hz.
- The qualifying phase lasted until May 1 while the finals took place on May 5th and 6th.
- Consequently, Videoton could enter the 2016–17 UEFA Europa League qualifying phase and play-off round.
- The Scottish champions eliminated the Norwegian side in the previous season's qualifying phase and did so again.
- There is a phase difference between these component motions.
- The phase difference error in the normal GPS amounts to of ambiguity.
- This delay causes a phase difference between the amplifier's input and output signals.
- "Lockdown" is the first game in the series to remove the planning phase.
- The development of the "Pohjanmaa" class started with a research and planning phase in 2008.
- As soon as school was out that year, the summer planning phase for West Side High School began.
- The solid phase now bears a dipeptide.
- Friction stud welding is a solid phase welding process where the metals do not liquefy.
- An ER fluid has been constructed with the solid phase made from a conductor coated in an insulator.
- The knockout phase began on 24 February with four first-leg ties.
- The second phase began in January 2012 and continued until June 2012.
- A phase began with a governing-element day (), followed by six 12-day weeks.
- From () we obtain the phase velocity formula_27.
- The phase velocity varies with frequency.
- In dispersive media the phase velocity is not necessarily the same as the group velocity.
- The second phase was completed in October 2010.
- The second phase was completed in 1946.
- The first phase was completed in 2012.
- In FPLC the mobile phase is an aqueous solution, or "buffer".
- Hydrophilic molecules in the mobile phase will tend to elute first.
- Liquid chromatography (LC) is a separation technique in which the mobile phase is a liquid.
- Problems with the Apollo command module continued through the testing phase.
- Following a beta testing phase, the finished version was released on January 25, 2020.
- The testing phase of this program began in 12 schools in Santiago, the capital of Chile.