‹ Pituophis Pityingly ›
Meanings and phrases
- a feeling of sympathy and sorrow for the misfortunes of others; commiseration; ruth; pathos
- an unfortunate development; shame
- the humane quality of understanding the suffering of others and wanting to do something about it; compassion
- share the suffering of; feel for; compassionate; condole with; sympathize with
- Jon Snow takes pity on Sam and defends him in arms training.
- The elderly master servant, Maynard, takes pity on Cecil and gives him a job.
- She takes pity on her hungry travelling companions and shares her food with them.