‹ Planck Plane-polarized ›
Meanings and phrases
- having a surface without slope, tilt in which no part is higher or lower than another; flat; level
- an aircraft that has a fixed wing and is powered by propellers or jets; airplane; aeroplane
- (mathematics) an unbounded two-dimensional shape; sheet
- a level of existence or development
- a power tool for smoothing or shaping wood; planer; planing machine
- a carpenter's hand tool with an adjustable blade for smoothing or shaping wood; carpenter's plane; woodworking plane
- cut or remove with or as if with a plane; shave
- travel on the surface of water; skim
- make even or smooth, with or as with a carpenter's plane
- very large spreading plane tree of eastern and central North America to Mexico; American sycamore; buttonwood; Platanus occidentalis
- a plane in which all points can be described in Cartesian coordinates
- very large fast-growing tree much planted as a street tree; Platanus acerifolia
- a plane with a concave blade for making moulding with beadwork
- a small plane used on end grains of wood
- a small carpenter's plane with the cutting edge near the front; bullnose
carpenter 's plane
- a carpenter's hand tool with an adjustable blade for smoothing or shaping wood; plane; woodworking plane
- a plane that makes a beveled edge
- a plane with a flexible face that can plane concave or convex surfaces; compass plane
- a woodworking plane that has interchangeable cutters of various shapes
- a plane with a flexible face that can plane concave or convex surfaces; circular plane
- a plane for making a dado groove
- a propeller plane with an engine that drives two propellers in opposite directions (for stability); double-prop; twin-prop; twin-propeller-plane
- a woodworking plane designed to make the grooves for dovetail joints
- the plane of a facet of an object (as of a cube)
- a carpenter's plane intermediate between a jack plane and a jointer plane
- a simple machine for elevating objects; consists of plane surface that makes an acute angle with the horizontal
- The wedge and the inclined plane (ramp) were known since prehistoric times.
- The channel is an inclined plane within easy reach of someone using the stairs.
- a carpenter's plane for rough finishing
- an airplane powered by one or more jet engines; jet; jet-propelled plane
- an airplane powered by one or more jet engines; jet; jet plane
- a long carpenter's plane used to shape the edges of boards so they will fit together; jointer; jointing plane; long plane
- a long carpenter's plane used to shape the edges of boards so they will fit together; jointer; jointer plane; long plane
- a long carpenter's plane used to shape the edges of boards so they will fit together; jointer; jointer plane; jointing plane
- a plane having cutters designed to make the tongues and grooves on the edges of matchboards; tonguing and grooving plane
- an aircraft designed and used for combat; warplane
- a plane with two or more engines; multiengine airplane
- a woodworking plane designed to cut rabbets; rabbet plane
- (astronomy) the plane on which a body is orbiting
- The satellite is in orbital plane 2, in orbital slot 14.
- The movements of both stars lie on a common orbital plane in space.
- It is in the second orbital plane of the GLONASS constellation, in orbital slot 9.
- large tree of southeastern Europe to Asia Minor; Platanus orientalis
- the plane that is in the foreground of a drawing or painting; coextensive with but different from the objective surface of the work
- an angle formed by two straight lines (in the same plane)
- a two-dimensional shape; two-dimensional figure
- the geometry of 2-dimensional figures
- a seat on a commercial airliner
- (geometry) the area created by a plane cutting through a solid; section
- surveying instrument consisting of a drawing board and a ruler that are mounted on a tripod; used to sight and map topographical details
- a ticket good for a trip on an airplane; airplane ticket
- any of several trees of the genus Platanus having thin pale bark that scales off in small plates and lobed leaves and ball-shaped heads of fruits; sycamore; platan
- a seaplane equipped with pontoons for landing or taking off from water; floatplane
- an airplane that is driven by a propeller
- a woodworking plane designed to cut rabbets; openside plane
- a military airplane used to gain information about an enemy
- A reconnaissance plane into the system shortly before 1200 UTC on June 25 revealed hurricane-force winds above the surface.
- On 15 April 1969, a Navy EC-121 reconnaissance plane was shot down by North Koreans about southeast of the North Korean port of Chongjin.
- On September 23, 1916, during a fight with a German two-man reconnaissance plane, Rockwell was shot through the chest by an explosive bullet and killed instantly.
- a woodworking plane with a narrow cutting head that will make grooves with smooth bottoms
- a narrow woodworking plane used to cut away excess stock
- a propeller plane with a single propeller; single prop
- a small plane for finish work; smoothing plane
- a small plane for finish work; smooth plane
- the plane that contains all the lines tangent to a specific point on a surface
- an airplane constructed to transport chemicals that can be dropped in order to fight a forest fire
- a plane having cutters designed to make the tongues and grooves on the edges of matchboards; match plane
- an airplane with an external propeller that is driven by a turbojet engine; propjet; turboprop
- a carpenter's hand tool with an adjustable blade for smoothing or shaping wood; plane; carpenter's plane
- He died in the same plane crash that killed Croce.
- Harbi was killed in a plane crash two years later.
- Kathleen died in a plane crash in France in 1948.
- Let denote the unit disc in the complex plane.
- (i.e., in the left half of the complex plane).
- Let Ω be a simply connected domain in the complex plane.
- The plane crashed killing him at the age of 28.
- The plane crashed, killing everyone on board.
- Seconds later the plane crashed into the sea.
- Another such surface is the real projective plane.
- It can be viewed as an immersion of a punctured projective plane.
- The projective plane over any alternative division ring is a Moufang plane.
- The focal plane of the light is 33 feet (10 metres).
- The lightsource is located 40 metres above sea level (focal plane).
- The focal plane of the light is .
- She departed Yokosuka on 14 November for plane guard duty in the Gulf of Tonkin.
- From 15 to 28 July she was plane guard ship for aircraft carrier in Gulf of Tonkin.
- In October "Holder" was plane guard for , and also she acted in support of the heavy cruiser .
- Almost all beetles have mandibles that move in a horizontal plane.
- This creates a horizontal plane of weakness called a "cold joint" between the two batches.
- In his time, the gnomon was simply a vertical pillar or rod mounted on a horizontal plane.
- He died in the same plane crash that killed Croce.
- The hook is in the same plane as the prying part.
- Most of the major bodies of the Solar System orbit the Sun in nearly the same plane.
- "n".4), and continues as tilings of the hyperbolic plane.
- Take a hyperbolic plane whose Gaussian curvature is formula_5.
- The image shows a Poincaré disk model projection of the hyperbolic plane.
- Finish is matt black and there are graphics in the style of a WWII Italian fighter plane.
- The store also features Finland's largest and free sightseeing terrace with a MiG-21BIS fighter plane.
- Many of its features were taken directly from Republic's considerable experience with fighter plane design.
- The wavefunction is not normalizable for a plane wave, but is for a wavepacket.
- This is because a plane wave incident on a circular lens or mirror is diffracted as described above.
- The far-field diffraction of a plane wave incident on a circular aperture is often referred to as the Airy Disk.
- All eight people on board the private plane (Beechcraft King Air C90) died in the crash.
- In 1987, collector Frederick Weisman had Ruscha paint the exterior of his private plane, a Lockheed JetStar.
- Clinton boarded the Lolita Express, a private plane of registered sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, at least 26 times.
- Their plane crashes on the island but they survive.
- Jax's plane crashes, and he is presumed dead.
- When the plane crashes, Casey is trapped underneath a seat.
- The first plane it owned was a Bristol Freighter.
- The first plane Kaye owned was a Piper Aztec.
- Dyreborg was demoted from the first plane to make room for a kit basket.
- The moon Titan, for example, has an orbital plane tilted about 1.6° to Saturn's equatorial plane.
- The blobs are believed to lie near the equatorial plane of the stellar system, but their origin is unclear.
- KP1019 has an octahedral structure with two "trans" N-donor indazole and four chloride ligands in the equatorial plane.
- We see a shot of Otto's destroyed cargo plane in the snow.
- The Argentine Air Force cargo plane provided no services; they flew as cargo.
- The image plane can be translated up and down in the sample, allowing generation of 3D image stacks.
- An image is generated by scanning the focused spot throughout the image plane and compiling the point intensity measurements.
- Once a set of photons from a specific molecule is collected, it forms a diffraction-limited spot in the image plane of the microscope.
- All pivoting points are free to rotate in a vertical plane.
- It was oriented in a vertical plane.
- The tail base was stiffened in the vertical plane by high and in side view wide neural spines.
- A small plane is the way it was described must have flown into the building.
- A small plane carrying Frank Munson and a handcuffed prisoner, Ed Stone, crashes in the California wilderness.
- A small plane making a water landing or a boat having engine trouble can be carried away from its reported position by the current.