‹ Platichthys Platinize ›
Meanings and phrases
- a thin coating of metal deposited on a surface; metal plating
- the application of a thin coat of metal (as by electrolysis)
- specially hardened steel plate used to protect fortifications or vehicles from enemy fire; armor plate; armour plate; plate armor; plate armour
- His work included the armor plating for , , , and .
- Additional armor plating was installed to protect crew positions.
- The conning tower and the casemate guns were also protected by 6 in of armor plating.
- a thin coating of metal deposited on a surface; plating
- the plates covering the frame of a steel ship and corresponding to the planking of a wooden ship