‹ Poesy Poet-singer ›
Meanings and phrases
- a writer of poems (the term is usually reserved for writers of good poetry)
- a folk writer who composes in verse
- a poet who is unofficially regarded as holding an honorary position in a particular group or region
- the poet officially appointed to the royal household in Great Britain
- He was the father of the poet laureate, Nahum Tate.
- In 2009 he was named Kentucky's poet laureate.
- Shamsur Rahman was the poet laureate of Bangladesh for many years.
- Philo (poet) Philo was a Greek poet and writer.
- In 1828, she married the poet and writer John Winslow Whitman.
- Talwalkar's uncle Gopinath Talwalkar was a well-known poet and writer.
- He was a good writer and poet.
- Brundage was also a writer and poet closely associated with the Beats.
- Kannada writer and poet, P.V.
- The words are by poet and playwright Edmond Rostand.
- The poet and playwright Maurice Maeterlinck won the Nobel Prize in literature in 1911.
- Mukund Parikh Mukund Parikh is a Gujarati novelist, poet and playwright from Gujarat, India.
- The poet and novelist Joolz Denby lives in Thornbury.
- Famed Italian poet and novelist Cesare Pavese was exiled here in 1935.
- To relax he would read the poetry of American poet and novelist Josiah Holland.
- 1800 - c. 1889) was an Irish poet and translator.
- He was also a poet and translator of Thomas à Kempis.
- In 1837 Pavlov married the poet and translator Karolina Jaenisch.
- Antanas Strazdas, a famous poet, worked for short period in the church.
- The other famous poet who used Tolstoy as a model was Alexander Griboyedov.
- Even as a child, Walter loved poetry and aspired to one day become a famous poet.
- In Iceland, Örvar is also known as a poet and author.
- He became friends with academic, poet and author Sherard Vines.
- John Straley John Straley is a poet and author of detective fiction.
- Sanskrit poet Bhatti was his court poet.
- The Kalyani Chalukya court poet Ranna calls him Raṇarāga-siṃha.
- The Kannada poet Sumanobana was the court poet of King Vira Narasimha II.
- Zoe Tuck Zoe Tuck is an American author and poet.
- 19 September 1936) is an Indian author and poet.
- His brother, Avrom Reyzen, was a noted Yiddish author and poet.
- Stefan Kiesbye Stefan Kiesbye is a German novelist and poet.
- Mr. Finkel’s wife, Constance Urdang, a novelist and poet, died in 1996.
- Laisha Rosnau Laisha Rosnau (born 1972) is a Canadian novelist and poet.
- He is also honoured as the national poet.
- He is regarded as national poet in Poland, Lithuania and Belarus.
- The Government of Pakistan has officially declared him the national poet.
- Julia was the niece of poet and critic Matthew Arnold and the sister of Mrs. Humphry Ward.
- Gustav Pfizer Gustav Pfizer (1807-1890) was a German poet and critic of the Swabian school.
- His older brothers included the poet and critic Matthew Arnold and the literary scholar Tom Arnold.
- Elliott was a great poet and the metaphors in this lyric split me open.
- He laid the foundation of Gulshan Town Karachi on the name of great poet Allama Iqbal.
- Vaman Pandit from the house of Sesha was a great poet whose poetry made quite an impact on the whole Maharashtra.
- Lưu Quang Vũ Lưu Quang Vũ (17 April 1948 – 29 August 1988) was a Vietnamese playwright and poet.
- Claude de L'Estoile Claude de L'Estoile (1602, Paris – May 1652) was a French playwright and poet.
- Sonnet 62 Sonnet 62 is one of 154 sonnets written by the English playwright and poet William Shakespeare.
- David Emrys Lewis David Emrys Lewis (1887 – 12 March 1954) was a Welsh poet and journalist.
- From 1886 to 1902, "Wiarus" was edited by the famed Kashubian-born poet and journalist Hieronim Derdowski.
- David Rowbotham David Harold Rowbotham (27 August 1924 – 6 October 2010) was an Australian poet and journalist.
- Euripides was also a great lyric poet.
- The lyric poet Quintus Horatius Flaccus was another philhellene.
- Alexandrian scholars numbered him in their canonic nine (one lyric poet per Muse).
- In the latter part of her life Walke was a published poet.
- Harris is also a published poet.
- It is the debut novel by Berkhout who was previously a published poet.
- He became popular as a young poet and was referred to as Kavi due to it.
- The identification of the young poet with Moduin himself is purely speculative.
- The plot follows the young poet Xin Baihe, who flees Shanghai with his friend, Liang.
- Agathon Agathon (; ; ) was an Athenian tragic poet whose works have been lost.
- Marion Cohen Marion Cohen (born 1943) is an American poet whose pen name is Marion Deutsche Cohen.
- Shahed () was an Iranian-American poet whose trilogy, MAZAMIR ESHGH, () was published in 2008 in Iran.