‹ Protester Protesting ›
Meanings and phrases
- The protesters gathered in masses and walked to Tsitsernakaberd, Armenia's national Genocide Memorial.
- Forty thousand protesters gathered and sparked a movement to stop roll backs in health and retirement benefits.
- The trial of Aung San Suu Kyi and her two maids began on 18 May and a small number of protesters gathered outside.
- Dozens of student protesters were subsequently killed.
- Police began beating student protesters (both men and women) with billy clubs.
- On November 4, 1979, the U.S. embassy was overrun by student protesters following the Iranian Revolution.
- Hislam and Schoenman led a group of protesters who sat down in front of the American Embassy.
- On 31 December, Akhmetov reprimanded a group of protesters in public near his home in Donetsk.
- On May 27, a group of protesters reportedly blocked a bridge that spans the Min River for roughly one hour.
- Al-Zaidi found support from thousands of protesters in Iraq and his employer.
- The torch run drew thousands of protesters protesting against or for China and the 2008 Summer Olympics.
- The group's website claims that hundreds of thousands of protesters gathered that day with as many as 10,000 in NYC alone.
- Many of these peaceful protesters were arrested
- About ten protesters were arrested, while others were beaten.
- Thirty-eight protesters were arrested.
- On Tuesday, 23 December 2008 more than 3,000 chanting protesters marched through Athens.
- Three months after the Fukushima nuclear disaster, thousands of anti-nuclear protesters marched in Japan.
- The protesters marched to a new internment camp there, but were stopped by soldiers of the Parachute Regiment.