‹ Providing Provinces ›
Meanings and phrases
- the territory occupied by one of the constituent administrative districts of a nation; state
- the proper sphere or extent of your activities; responsibility
- Canada is divided into 12 provinces for administrative purposes
- a former province of southern South Africa that was settled by the Dutch in 1652 and ceded to Great Britain in 1814; in 1994 it was split into three new provinces of South Africa; Cape of Good Hope Province; Cape Colony
Cape of Good Hope Province
- a former province of southern South Africa that was settled by the Dutch in 1652 and ceded to Great Britain in 1814; in 1994 it was split into three new provinces of South Africa; Cape Province; Cape Colony
- a province in north-central China; formerly part of the Silk Road to Turkistan and India and Persia; Gansu; Kansu
- a province in southern China; Guangdong; Kwangtung
- a populous province in northeastern China; Hebei; Hopei; Hopeh
- a province in southeastern central China between the Nan Ling mountains and the Chang Jiang; noted for its timber and valuable mineral resources; Hunan
- a populous province of south central China; Szechwan; Sichuan; Szechuan
- a province of southern China; Yunnan
- the district within the jurisdiction of an archbishop or a metropolitan or one of the territorial divisions of an ecclesiastical order
- Today it belonged to the ecclesiastical province of Thessaloniki.
- immediately subject to the Holy See, not part of an ecclesiastical province.
- immediately subject to the Holy See, not part of any ecclesiastical province).
- The following tombs and sacred spots are located within the province:
- Nearly all the casualties and damage took place within the province of Aceh.
- There are many sites and places within the province, which can attract a lot of tourism.
- The legal age to purchase tobacco products varies with each province.
- The number of competitors each province or territory entered is in brackets.
- For the DPD, each province returns four members regardless of size and population.
- Valdemorillo Valdemorillo is a municipality in the west of the province and autonomous community of Madrid, Spain.
- British decided Patna to be the capital of the new province.
- Ancyra then formed the capital of the new province of Galatia.
- The capital of the new province was settled in Carthago Nova, now Cartagena.
- The election was one of many races across the province of Ontario.
- There were over 430,000 eligible voters who voted in 612 polling stations across the province.
- Moroccans across the province, whatever their earlier sympathies, rushed to arms against Spain.
- He served as People's Congress Chairman of his home province.
- Now that you have returned to your home province, I will have no worries."
- Adel had been leading his uncle's election campaign in his home province of Lahj.
- Herbivorous animals are found throughout the province.
- In New Brunswick, flooding also occurred throughout the province.
- He was ordained in 1871 and began intensively missionizing throughout the province.
- It was part of the former province of Kydonia.
- Selino Selino is a historical region and a former province of Crete.
- Naka no Ōe ignored the emperor's policy and moved to the former province.
- The province is divided into 18 municipalities.
- The province is divided into five districts.
- Each province is divided into districts.
- An uprising involving an entire province was called a Kuni-Ikki (kuni meaning province).
- The river is considered to be one of the greatest gold creeks in the entire province of British Columbia.
- The Ultra-Trail Harricana relies on over 230 volunteers and 40 commercial partners from the entire province of Québec.
- Nikolić is a customs officer in Odžaci in the autonomous province of Vojvodina.
- Obradović is an economist based in Futog in the autonomous province of Vojvodina.
- The autonomous province of Åland has a permanent democratically elected regional council.
- Conflict boiled in every province, from Gaul to Syria, Egypt to the lower Danube.
- As of 2003, this institution had networks in 200 cities, in every province in Indonesia.
- The electorates were distributed to provinces so that every province had at least two members.
- In 2000 he became mayor of the city of Heerlen, in the southern province of Limburg.
- The 400 kilometer railway would pass through Armenia's mountainous southern province of Syunik, which borders Iran.
- Twin Bracelets takes place in Hui An, a remote coastal village of Fujian (a southern province of the People's Republic of China).
- Lower Navarre became a province of France in 1620.
- During the reign of King Taksin it became a province.
- Like other provinces of Persia it became a province of the Umayyad Caliphate.
- He is a native of La Union, a northern province in the Philippines.
- Sangaree was born 15 June 1933 in Point Pedro in northern province of Ceylon.
- Rabbani, son of Muhammed Yousuf, was born in the northern province of Badakhshan.
- One earthquake has been recorded in the province during historical time.
- The Canons Regular of the Holy Sepulchre settled in the province during his rule.
- Liu Wenhui Liu Wenhui (; 1895–24 June 1976) was one of the warlords of Sichuan province during China's Warlord era.
- For Tibetans, the Dadu is part of the historical province of Kham.
- Dalecarlia (disambiguation) Dalecarlia or Dalarna is a historical province in Sweden.
- Together with the Pomeranian and Malbork Voivodeships and the Prince-Bishopric of Warmia it formed the historical province of Royal Prussia.
- Finally on 1 April 1871 it became a separate province as Ajmer-Merwara-Kekri.
- In 1932, Aden was separated from Bombay and made a separate province, and Sindh became a separate province on 1 April 1936.
- After this, the whole province of Galicia took sides with Henry.
- Malatya is administered by a metropolitan municipality, which covers the whole province.
- Eventually, the Spanish came to call the whole province ""La Provincia de la Laguna de Bay"."