‹ Purports Purpose-built ›
Meanings and phrases
- an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions; intent; intention; aim; design
- what something is used for; function; role; use
- the quality of being determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose; determination
- propose or intend; aim; purport; propose
- reach a decision; resolve
- with intention; in an intentional manner; intentionally; deliberately; designedly; purposely; advisedly; by choice; by design
- the quality of having a definite purpose; purposefulness
- This can result in an erosion of a sense of purpose.
- The virtue to be gained is a sense of purpose.
- It can also give the adoptive parents a sense of purpose and completion.
- In Europe the breed's main purpose is to produce milk.
- The main purpose of Gibraltar Dam is domestic water supply.
- The main purpose is to collect money for several charities.
- Its primary purpose has been to prevent tribal war.
- In [[farce]], the comedy is a primary purpose.
- The primary purpose of a clock is to "display" the time.
- The chassis is a purpose built space frame.
- Great Mt Sugarloaf houses the purpose built transmitter site.
- This was the first purpose built bathrooms factory in the world.
- These ships are also general purpose in nature.
- The general purpose lanes continue to operate toll-free.
- It is developed as general purpose series of 78K Family.
- So it still fulfils its original purpose even today.
- The original purpose of the tower is unknown.
- The original purpose of the receipt was enhanced fraud protection.
- He created the guild for the sole purpose of killing other players.
- Many own a motorhome for the sole purpose of traveling south in the winter.
- The sole purpose of an eloi's life is to take care of and reproduce with men.
- Some fish store oils or lipids for this same purpose.
- In plants, starch is used for the same purpose.
- Upon her release she talks to Jem with the same purpose.
- "Bevar Bornholmsk" is an organization whose purpose is to preserve Bornholmsk.
- These had launchers for eight large-diameter missiles whose purpose was initially unclear to NATO.
- In 1637, construction of a fortress at Konotop began, whose purpose was to protect the newly acquired province.
- The stated purpose of the law was to increase the safety of the procedure.
- Its stated purpose is to advocate for justice and accountability for international crimes.
- The inquiry's stated purpose was to "safeguard the interests of sub-contractors in the sector".
- A third type of map is known as an "orienteering," or special purpose map.
- In constitutional law, appropriation is the assignment of money for a special purpose.
- In 2015 HUBOZ was liquidated with some other militsiya detachments of special purpose.
- The mounts were of the dual purpose, open-base-ring type.
- Eel and elver passes have a dual purpose.
- They can serve a dual purpose as an anti-submarine warfare escort.
- Previously each room had a specific purpose.
- They are generally unique and exist for a specific purpose.
- This right has a very specific purpose.
- It is a personal armor suit, designed by Sousuke for the purpose of providing aid in tactical situations.
- In 2006, Lifeson founded the Big Dirty Band, which he created for the purpose of providing original soundtrack material for "".
- A sonar beacon is an underwater device which transmits sonic or ultrasonic signals for the purpose of providing bearing information.
- Tires vary enormously depending on their intended purpose.
- Overhall this naval force had little success with their intended purpose.
- The process of conversion depends on the specific situation and the intended purpose.
- The express purpose of the trust was to fund Fang Zhouzi's activities.
- The prison was used by the British for the express purpose of exiling political prisoners to the remote archipelago.
- In 1957 the Community Theatre Guild was formed with the express purpose the renovation and preservation of the Opera House.
- In 2012 Licudi opened new purpose built Law courts in Gibraltar.
- Before long he finds a newfound love, played by Mary McDonnell, and a new purpose there.
- The Engine was manufactured and built at the new purpose built facility in Kidlington, Oxfordshire.
- Elsie confronts Charlotte about the true purpose of Westworld and Charlotte kills her.
- He claims to have known Nest's mother, but his true purpose for being in Hopewell is to track and defeat the demon.
- One can only find out its true purpose when one becomes the Brahman as the 'Brahman' is all the knowledge one can know itself.
- In 1882, he donated of land east of the city for the purpose of creating Wade Park, which was named in his honor.
- In the following months, members of the UCS supporters' group met with the purpose of creating a new Clydebank F.C.
- The Maple Leaf reservoir was completed in 1910 with the purpose of creating a reservoir for residential and commercial water use.
- The sheep serve no purpose for cultural ceremonies of any kind.
- "Nibbana" is the final freedom, and it has no purpose beyond itself.
- It has no purpose other than to serve the interests of its membership.
- Other axiomatizations have been suggested by various authors with the purpose of making the theory more rigorous.
- The Nebraska Ceramic Club was organized in 1893 for the purpose of making an exhibit at the World's Columbian Exposition.
- There was a small brickyard at Hope Hall for the purpose of making bricks solely for the maintenance of the estate building.
- Beginning in 1981, he regularly led official expeditions with the purpose of establishing friendly contact.
- The purpose of establishing this village was to provide suitable land for the Japanese immigrant to settle in Taiwan.
- The purpose of establishing a women's institution was offering education to the women in restrictive families in Bangladesh.
- For the purpose of building hydroelectric power plants, studies have been carried out on several places at the river.
- In 2000, the Point Roberts Lighthouse Society was formed with the purpose of building a proper lighthouse on the point.
- On May 21, 2013, the NFL approved a US$200 million loan to the Falcons organization for the purpose of building the stadium.
- There are other ASCII encoding with a similar purpose.
- The Cleminson system is not a true bogie, but serves a similar purpose.
- In Riemannian geometry, the Levi-Civita connection serves a similar purpose.
- This is supported entirely by the studio with the sole purpose of promoting local artists.
- Silber denounced the group for "evangelism" and "homosexual militancy" with the purpose of promoting gay sex.
- Willi Hennig Society The Willi Hennig Society "was founded in 1980 with the expressed purpose of promoting the field of phylogenetic systematics."
- Catcher pouches could not be used for any other purpose.
- I don't think he started it for any other purpose than notoriety.
- The color in this case acted purely as a symbol, and served no other purpose.
- Kowalski drives to drive, with no real purpose for doing what he's doing.
- Still, the real purpose for which these cadres were put into place is that suggested above.
- The real purpose of this car was to test several improvements originating from Kar Kraft, Shelby, and McLaren.
- She had left a note stating that she saw "no purpose in life" now that her children had grown up and left home.
- "Silas Marner" is symbolic of Ronnie’s desire to feel more wanted by others - to feel he has a purpose in life; a mission.
- The necks of the animals were often broken, an indication that their sole purpose in life was to be sacrificed as offerings.
- The basis for prosecutions was said to be the doctrine of "common purpose."
- The sense of team spirit, fraternity, and common purpose appealed to Camus enormously.
- He emphasises that 'culture precedes performance' and the importance of common purpose.
- The initial purpose of developing the techniques was to enhance the wild population that was being depleted by commercial fishing.
- CESRA's initial purpose was to promote the development of a European instrument for solar radio observations, the Joint Interferometer Project (JIP).
- Earlier newspaper profiles of Yamashita, however, state that the initial purpose of his visit was to teach Asian spatial design at Prairie State College.
- "What Kind of World" would serve the purpose of tackling both arguments.
- Divisions serve the purpose of simplifying conference scheduling during the regular season.
- A private English boarding school has also been established to serve the purpose of the "nouveau-riche".
- There are several variations each with a different purpose.
- During World War I the railroad served a different purpose.
- The compensating system was applied to horns to serve a different purpose.