‹ Readapt Readers ›
Meanings and phrases
- a person who enjoys reading
- someone who contracts to receive and pay for a service or a certain number of issues of a publication; subscriber
- a person who can read; a literate person
- someone who reads the lessons in a church service; someone ordained in a minor order of the Roman Catholic Church; lector
- a public lecturer at certain universities; lector; lecturer
- someone who reads proof in order to find errors and mark corrections; proofreader
- one of a series of texts for students learning to read
- someone who reads manuscripts and judges their suitability for publication; reviewer; referee
- a layman who is authorized by the bishop to read parts of the service in an Anglican or Episcopal church
- someone who can understand spoken words by watching the movements of a speaker's lips
- a magician who seems to discern the thoughts of another person (usually by clever signals from an accomplice); telepathist; thought-reader
- someone with the power of communicating thoughts directly; telepathist; thought-reader; mental telepathist
- someone who reads out broadcast news bulletin; newsreader
- He was an avid reader in his childhood.
- An avid reader or collector of books is a bibliophile or colloquially, "bookworm".
- He had a great desire for knowledge, a love for philosophy, and was an avid reader.
- The resulting deck of cards would be fed into a card reader to be compiled.
- The e-Reader is a card reader add-on released for the Game Boy Advance in 2002.
- She then starred in "Rakht" as a tarot card reader trying to solve a murder mystery.