‹ Refurnish Refuse ›
Meanings and phrases
- the act of refusing
- a message refusing to accept something that is offered
- This can be seen in the refusal to accept any delegates from the National Defence Party (NDP).
- Barnard College was created in 1889 as a response to the university's refusal to accept women.
- The other prisoners reacted with aggression to Wallenberg refusal to accept his role as savior.
- This is due to the band's dislike of the songs and refusal to allow them to be reissued.
- The organization also confirmed its refusal to allow Montceau Bourgogne and Roye-Noyon promotion to the fourth division.
- Southern Pacific Railroad's refusal to allow crossing of their main line tracks prevented construction east of Los Angeles.
- The owner of the "Bergregal" also had the option of first refusal.
- Armstrong had a standing agreement to give RCA the right of first refusal to his patents.
- From 2014 until 2017, the winning country had first refusal on hosting the following contest.
- 52 were killed; the victims, mostly women, were well-to-do civilians caught by the casino owner's refusal to pay for protection.
- Van Alen's satisfaction at these accomplishments was likely muted by Walter Chrysler's later refusal to pay the balance of his architectural fee.
- China's refusal to pay an indemnity for the Bắc Lệ ambush led two months later to the outbreak of the Sino-French War (August 1884 – April 1885).