‹ Relied Reliefs ›
Meanings and phrases
- the feeling that comes when something burdensome is removed or reduced; alleviation; assuagement
- the condition of being comfortable or relieved (especially after being relieved of distress); ease
- (law) redress awarded by a court
- assistance in time of difficulty; succor; succour; ministration
- someone who takes the place of another (as when things get dangerous or difficult); stand-in; substitute; reliever; backup; backup man; fill-in
- a change for the better; easing; moderation
- the act of reducing something unpleasant (as pain or annoyance); easing; easement; alleviation
- aid for the aged or indigent or handicapped
- a pause for relaxation; respite; rest; rest period
- sculpture consisting of shapes carved on a surface so as to stand out from the surrounding background; relievo; rilievo; embossment; sculptural relief
- the act of freeing a city or town that has been besieged
- a sculptural relief in which forms extend only slightly from the background; no figures are undercut; low relief; basso relievo; basso rilievo
- The bas relief on her grave marker was created by sculptor Jo Davidson.
- There is an ancient Pahlavi inscribed granite bas relief Cross found in Muttuchira.
- One of the earliest known artistic representations of abortion is in a bas relief at Angkor Wat (c. 1150).
- a sculptural relief in which forms extend out from the background to at least half their depth; alto relievo; alto rilievo
- The carvings are in high relief on three sides of the sarcophagus, allowing for its placement against a wall.
- It is decorated in a very high relief with many elements of the composition cut completely free of the background.
- This was due to the high relief of the design—the three Southern branch mints especially had trouble with the piece.
- a sculptural relief in which forms extend only slightly from the background; no figures are undercut; bas relief; basso relievo; basso rilievo
- Here, the kline is reduced from a functional couch to a facade treated in low relief.
- Today these volcanic products are seen as pyroclastic flow uplands and low relief hills.
- The Elrhaz Formation, part of the Tegama Group, consists mainly of fluvial sandstones with low relief, much of which is obscured by sand dunes.
- a map having contour lines through points of equal elevation; contour map
- a pitcher who does not start the game; reliever; fireman
- The Cubs used Coleman principally as a relief pitcher.
- Upon returning from the surgery, he became a relief pitcher.
- He was 2-1 with a 3.40 ERA and one save as a relief pitcher.
- printing from a plate with raised characters; letterpress
- a valve in a container in which pressure can build up (as a steam boiler); it opens automatically when the pressure reaches a dangerous level; safety valve; escape valve; escape cock; escape
- sculpture consisting of shapes carved on a surface so as to stand out from the surrounding background; relief; relievo; rilievo; embossment
- It was based on her experiences in the war relief efforts.
- After the 2010 earthquake, he was active in relief efforts.
- The Vatican later contributed $100,000 to the relief efforts.
- She worked in disaster relief and gynecology.
- Odo residents travel to Tokyo to demand disaster relief.
- As of 2010, the ship is used for helicopter operations and for disaster relief.
- In the district, 4459 property owners applied for the tax relief.
- In the district, 8,065 property owners applied for the tax relief.
- In the district, 7,651 property owners applied for the tax relief.
- He provides most of the comic relief in the series.
- Tamaki is the main comic relief character of the series.
- Much of his role is to provide comic relief.
- In 36 relief appearances in 2006, he had an ERA of 3.92.
- In 6 relief appearances, he had a 1-1 record and a 5.20 ERA.
- He made 5 starts and 55 relief appearances with an ERA of 4.41.
- A British relief force was defeated in the naval Battle of Grenada on 6 July 1779.
- By the time a relief force reached Athens the rebels had already begun a general retreat.
- They had defeated a relief force under the command of Duqaq of Damascus on 31 December 1097.
- The property tax relief was subtracted from the total annual school property tax bill.
- In Beaver County, 64% of eligible property owners applied for property tax relief in 2009.
- In Jefferson County, 42% of eligible property owners applied for property tax relief in 2009.
- We are doing the relief work with our government money.
- They are involved in relief work and orphan sponsorships.
- His service included a period of war relief work in China.
- New Zealand also pledged $300,000 in support for the Red Cross relief effort in PNG.
- Following the 2009 Samoa tsunami, Seacology once again started a tsunami relief effort.
- The program is also a poverty relief effort, providing employment in wetland maintenance.
- Yahya Khan arrived in Dhaka to take charge of the relief operations on November 24.
- Nearly 13,000 Army and Air Guard members were called to state active duty to help with relief operations.
- While the division was in transit, the IV SS Panzer Corps launched several unsuccessful relief operations.
- Ibuprofen provides effective pain relief in about 50%.
- When the facet joint is numbed, there should be pain relief.
- Nurofen Plus is a pain relief medication based on codeine and ibuprofen.
- In addition, the US forces airlifted in relief supplies for Dominican nationals.
- However, most of the relief supplies were looted by militants shortly upon arrival.
- She joined a group of celebrities and personalities to bring relief supplies to those affected.
- International participated particularly in the humanitarian relief efforts for refugees.
- Emergency food aid and other humanitarian relief assistance was received from donors and the Red Cross.
- In 1941, SS "Kurtuluş" was leased by the Turkish government for humanitarian relief to be provided during the food crisis in Greece.
- NBFA continued to lobby Congress to provide relief.
- 213 was able to provide relief cover.
- These culprits are the people who provide relief to these refugees.
- Purcell later donated the copyright ownership back to Hubbard as charitable debt relief.
- In 2005, she was charged with the coordination of Nigeria’s debt relief funds toward the achievement of the MDGs.
- It is one of a series of projects and reforms required by the International Monetary Fund as prerequisites for foreign debt relief.
- This was considered an improvement on the Workhouse system of poor relief.
- As one of the earliest advocates of poor relief, he played a major part in the Relief of the Poor Act of 1782.
- In 1782, his name was given to the Relief of the Poor Act 1782 In 1787 Gilbert introduced another bill related to poor relief.
- Consequently, a large emergency relief program was organized for the affected area.
- It focuses on ensuring rapid response, providing emergency relief and protecting vulnerable people.
- HK Electric announced that families of each of the deceased would receive a HK$200,000 emergency relief.
- Many roads and lanes were built as famine relief measures.
- Severe famine in the region resulted in their focus on famine relief.
- The 1923 famine relief stamps of Azerbaijan were bogus, but these too were also subsequently forged.
- Property owners apply for the relief through the county Treasurer's office.
- Rewi Alley carried out flood relief in Honghu 1932.
- Prajamandalam formed a "flood relief committee" during that time.
- Wheldon went on to win, and Chip Ganassi Racing donated their race winnings from both cars to Iowa flood relief.
- The United States seeks injunctive relief to remedy the alleged misconduct of defendants” .
- This became problematic when a given case required both money damages and injunctive relief.
- Pruitt has sought injunctive relief valued at 12% of that sought by the prior administration.
- The relief was subtracted from the total annual school property tax bill.
- She also donated to famine and malaria relief funds.
- The Free State government allocated IR£250,000 in relief funds.
- Proceeds from the album will be donated to Hurricane Irma disaster relief funds.
- In September 2017, Butt donated $5 million to J. J. Watt's Houston Hurricane Harvey relief fund.
- About the same time he became secretary of the relief fund for the German sufferers from the Napoleonic wars.
- The relief fund also provided partial funding for a field hospital in Belgium run by the wife of an officer, Mrs. O'Gorman.
- In his lone major league appearance, Wilson pitched 3.1 innings in relief against the Cleveland Indians.
- He was called up on June 2, but did not pitch until he appeared in relief against the Toronto Blue Jays on June 9.
- Lanfranconi made his major league debut in relief against the Philadelphia Phillies at Wrigley Field (September 12, 1941).
- A relief sculpture from Egyptian Thebes (c. 1350 BC) shows both boxers and spectators.
- The relief sculpture depicts the mythological story of Pegasus doing battle with the Chimera.
- It has been described as "probably the single most famous piece of early Christian relief sculpture."