‹ Resistance Resisted ›
Meanings and phrases
- relating to or conferring immunity (to disease or infection); immune
- disposed to or engaged in defiance of established authority; insubordinate; resistive
- incapable of absorbing or mixing with; repellent
- impervious to being affected
- able to tolerate environmental conditions or physiological stress; tolerant
- It does not make the ear more resistant to noise.
- Certain cement types are more resistant to chlorides than others.
- It is more resistant to breakdown by β-lactamase producing bacteria.
- He is highly resistant to hypnosis or gases that could limit his focus.
- Due to the hardness of the stone, this makes the mountain highly resistant to weathering.
- Borg are highly resistant to energy-based weapons, having personal shielding that quickly adapts to them.