‹ Restorative Restored ›
Meanings and phrases
- return to its original or usable and functioning condition; reconstruct
- return to life; get or give new life or energy; regenerate; rejuvenate
- give or bring back; restitute
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; repair; mend; fix; bushel; doctor; furbish up; touch on
- bring back into original existence, use, function, or position; reinstate; reestablish
- To restore order, one of the gods goes out to retrieve her.
- To restore order, several soldiers were flogged and four hanged.
- Bohun returned to the camp and tried to restore order, but in vain.
- Benedict also supported the efforts of Ladislaus IV in order to restore strong royal power.
- Take-Two Interactive was forced to re-release the game in order to restore the M (Mature) rating.
- In 1383 the monks had to sell more land around the "Castrum Piczoni" in order to restore the abbey.
- In 1919, in an attempt to restore the monarchy, Lamego became the capital of the district for 24 days.
- In spring 521, the general Xi Kangsheng (奚康生) made an attempt to restore Empress Dowager Hu, but failed.
- Crop rotation can help restore tilth in compacted soils.
- It is revealed that the fairy world sent unicorns into various worlds to help restore peoples' faith in magic.
- Juris Khan requests the aid of Kentril and his group to help restore the city and complete their original goal.
- Successive popes tried to restore peace, but in vain.
- Such a war could not be pre-emptive, but defensive, to restore peace.
- Khamfan fought in battles along with his brothers to restore peace in Lanna.
- Serpas also serves as a hospital chaplain and is active in efforts to restore Louisiana's wetlands.
- During his visit to New York, he saw the Statue of Liberty and was inspired by the efforts to restore it.
- In the early 1990s, Figueroa was involved in a disagreement about efforts to restore the Tongariki site on Rapa Nui.
- Maxse believed Germany was still able to restore itself as the dominant European power.
- During occupation, the city was able to restore both ruined mines and finish the third one.
- They are then able to restore the Planetary Defense Center's power by destroying the Grungarian generators.
- In 2015 the City of Port Orange purchased the depot to restore the building.
- The Diocese planned to restore the building and establish an educational center and museum in it.
- The goal is to restore the building as close to its original state as possible; construction is supposed to end in 2020.
- There are plans to restore the destroyed sections.
- 225, 227, and 228 and plans to restore no.
- George and fellow investors began plans to restore and enhance the original theater.
- Sifton was selected Premier in an effort to restore party unity, and his first cabinet reflected that.
- This has been done in an effort to restore salmon populations specifically but with other species in mind.
- Starting in 2002, TVA undertook an effort to restore Unit 1 to operational status, spending $1.8 billion USD to do so.
- The column's cavalry attempted to restore some stability to the situation but to no avail.
- During the 19th century, the Poles and the Lithuanians attempted to restore their independence.
- It attempted to restore its financial status through unpopular taxation schemes, which were heavily regressive.
- Between 1689 and 1696, Arcangelo helped restore the facade of the church of San Paolo Maggiore.
- For example, he helped restore the ancient basilica of Santa Restituta, adjacent to the Cathedral.
- Despite further decline by the 10th century, in the early 12th century, St. Malachy helped restore it.
- It is used to restore the black level (300 mV) reference in analog video.
- They were the PLA units commonly used to restore order during the Cultural Revolution.
- The repair does not, however, always restore the original sequence.
- Recent preservation efforts have helped to restore the original splendor of the State.
- Maraging steels offer good weldability, but must be aged afterward to restore the original properties to the heat affected zone.