‹ Ribose Ribosome ›
Meanings and phrases
- It precedes the operon containing "rpsF" and "rpsR", which encode ribosomal protein S6 and ribosomal protein S18, respectively.
- It was shown that RpsF leader regulates gene expression in response to the S6:S18 complex, contributing to the regulation of ribosomal protein levels.
- Each ribosomal subunit was composed of a core of ribosomal RNA surrounded by ribosomal proteins.
- In addition to their function in the ribosome, many ribosomal proteins have some function 'outside' the ribosome.
- Some dsDNA bacteriophages encode ribosomal proteins, which are thought to modulate protein translation during phage infection.