‹ Rifling Rig ›
Meanings and phrases
- a gap between cloud masses
- a narrow fissure in rock
- a personal or social separation (as between opposing factions); rupture; breach; break; severance; falling out
Great Rift Valley
- ( geology) a depression in southwestern Asia and eastern Africa; extends from the valley of the Jordan River to Mozambique; marked by geological faults
Rift Valley fever
- an infection common in Africa caused by a bunyavirus; transmitted by mosquitoes or by handling infected animals
- a valley with steep sides; formed by a rift in the earth's crust
- Rivers on that side therefore carry sediment away from the rift valley.
- It lies in the rift valley between Lake Albert and Lake Edward above the Semliki River.
- The sandstones and shales were most likely deposited in the flooded rift valley as deltas.
- Such support created a rift between Garvin and Astor.
- Rizwan plans to create a rift between Zara and Kabir.
- This eventually led to a rift between the two artists.
- This change in demography caused a rift in the Sokoji community.
- Like "Maladroit" the marketing of this EP caused a rift with Weezer's record label Geffen Records.
- This caused a rift among the journal's board members, ultimately leading to the magazine's evolution into a federalist journal.