‹ Rotating Rotational ›
Meanings and phrases
- the act of rotating as if on an axis; rotary motion
- (mathematics) a transformation in which the coordinate axes are rotated by a fixed angle about the origin
- a single complete turn (axial or orbital); revolution; gyration
- a planned recurrent sequence (of crops or personnel etc.)
- rotary motion of an object around its own axis; axial motion; roll
- the center around which something rotates; axis
- The axis of rotation is usually vertical.
- If the pintle is designed to move along its axis of rotation, the throat area can be varied.
- Earth's axis of rotation is tilted with respect to its orbital plane, producing seasons on Earth.
- rotation to the right; dextrorotation
- rotation to the left; levorotation
- motion of an object in an orbit around a fixed point; orbital motion
- The Q-type asteroid has a rotation period of 6.2 hours.
- The K-type asteroid has a rotation period of 4.8 hours.
- Its rotation period and shape remain unknown.
- Paxton was in the Indians' starting rotation again in .
- He would be in the Giants starting rotation that season.
- Kim established himself in the Rockies starting rotation for the season.
- Ironically, it received heavy rotation on Christian stations.
- It stayed in heavy rotation during the spring and summer of 1994.
- It achieved heavy rotation on MTV following the huge success of the album.
- It gave a rotation period of hours with a brightness variation of 0.43 in magnitude ().
- The light-curve gave a rotation period of hours with a brightness variation of 0.18 magnitude ().
- Lightcurve analysis gave a rotation period of 6.231 hours with a brightness amplitude of 0.19 magnitude ().
- Drilling and sowing and crop rotation were introduced.
- Talking of the wide variety of crops in England, and crop rotation, Professor T.C.
- Strict crop rotation is no longer technically necessary or even financially desirable.
- This makes it, , the first extrasolar planet to have its rotation rate measured.
- For this purpose, each rotation has a length of exactly 27 days, close to the synodic Carrington rotation rate.
- The star is about 400 million years old with a moderate rotation rate, showing a projected rotational velocity of 52 km/s.
- The video was picked up and added into regular rotation on MTV’s LOGO network.
- Popovich expected him to remain in the regular rotation even after Leonard returned.
- The band were also given regular rotation on CBC Radio and have been interviewed by Radio 1.
- It is an affine transform consisting of the 3x3 rotation matrix "R" and the 1x3 translation vector "p".
- For example, the rotation matrix in 2d: is a matrix valued function of rotation angle of about the origin.
- Let the displacement of a body be defined by "D" = (["A"], d), where ["A"] is the rotation matrix and d is the translation vector.
- Their song Blackfellas was on high rotation on TripleJ.
- The video was added on high rotation on MTV, TMF, VIVA and ZTV.
- After its release their material gained high rotation on JJJ radio and independent stations ZZZ and RRR.
- Polar motion is the movement of Earth's rotation axis across its surface.
- Every ion is on at least three mirror planes and at least one three-fold rotation axis.
- Their model does not attempt to explain what caused Mars's rotation axis to move relative to the crust.