‹ Sacredness Sacrificeable ›
Meanings and phrases
- the act of losing or surrendering something as a penalty for a mistake or fault or failure to perform etc.; forfeit; forfeiture
- personnel that are sacrificed (e.g., surrendered or lost in order to gain an objective)
- a loss entailed by giving up or selling something at less than its value
- the act of killing (an animal or person) in order to propitiate a deity; ritual killing
- (baseball) an out that advances the base runners
- endure the loss of; give
- kill or destroy
- sell at a loss
- make a sacrifice of; in religious rituals
Feast of Sacrifice
- the 10th day of Dhu'l-Hijja; all Muslims attend a service in the mosques and those who are not pilgrims perform a ritual slaughter of a sheep (commemorating God's ransom of Abraham's son from sacrifice) and give at least a third of the meat to charity; Id al-Adha
- a sacrifice made by hitting a long fly ball
- Gehrig's sacrifice fly to Paul Waner scored Koenig.
- Stephen Drew scored Ortiz on a sacrifice fly.
- Ruth's high sacrifice fly to Lloyd Waner scored Koenig.
- killing or injuring others while annihilating yourself; usually accomplished with a bomb; suicide mission; martyr operation
- Most victims of human sacrifice were prisoners of war or slaves.
- It is believed that the Zapotec used human sacrifice in some of their rituals.
- In both cases, Hodgson depicts religious cults that make use of human sacrifice.
- There was also human and animal sacrifice.
- He especially critiqued animal sacrifice as taught in Vedas.
- Rather, the animal sacrifice was likely done to, in some way, honour the deceased.
- Lloyd Waner's sacrifice bunt moved them up.
- Hornsby laid down a sacrifice bunt to Shocker, moving each runner up a base.
- Mike McCormick followed with a sacrifice bunt, advancing Masi to second base.
- Is there anyone else in Hip-Hop willing to sacrifice their cool points to play therapist?
- This he does by fabricating evidence to show that Rakshasa is willing to sacrifice Malayaketu and join Chandragupta's camp.
- Some party members were willing to sacrifice their lives through suicide attacks in resistance against Israel, the first being in 1985.
- Jeffcoat also had 47 sacrifice hits and two sacrifice flies.
- He compiled a .220 batting average, .327 on-base percentage, .277 slugging percentage, 331 total bases and 13 sacrifice hits.
- In 5 seasons he played in 350 Games and had 1,235 at-bats, 143 runs, 287 hits, 41 doubles, 24 triples, 1 home run, 88 RBIs, 23 stolen bases, 70 walks, .232 batting average, .278 On-base percentage, .307 slugging percentage, 379 total bases and 76 sacrifice hits.