‹ Scranton Scrapbook ›
Meanings and phrases
- a small fragment of something broken off from the whole; bit; chip; flake; fleck
- the act of fighting; any contest or struggle; fight; fighting; combat
- worthless material that is to be disposed of; rubbish; trash
- a small piece of something that is left over after the rest has been used
- dispose of (something useless or old); trash; junk
- have a disagreement over something; quarrel; dispute; argufy; altercate
- make into scrap or refuse
- iron to be melted again and reworked
- discarded metal suitable for reprocessing
- The amount of scrap metal collected is now regretted.
- She took her last cargo in 1977: scrap metal to Queenborough.
- From wood he ventured into using scrap metal and industrial parts.
- She was sold for scrap in Greece in October 1991.
- She was sold for scrap in July 1910 for £14,500.
- The CAN Railway was sold for scrap after World War I.