‹ Secrecy Secretaire ›
Meanings and phrases
- not open or public; kept private or not revealed
- conducted with or marked by hidden aims or methods; clandestine; cloak-and-dagger; hole-and-corner; hugger-mugger; hush-hush; surreptitious; undercover; underground
- not openly made known; unavowed
- communicated covertly
- not expressed; private
- (of information) given in confidence or in secret; confidential
- designed to elude detection; hidden
- having an import not apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence; beyond ordinary understanding; mysterious; mystic; mystical; occult; orphic
- hidden from general view or use; privy; secluded
- indulging only covertly
- the next to highest level of official classification for documents
- something that should remain hidden from others (especially information that is not to be passed on)
- something that baffles understanding and cannot be explained; mystery; enigma; closed book
- information known only to a special group; arcanum
- a militant Marxist-Leninist terrorist organization formed in 1975 to force Turkey to acknowledge killing more than a million Armenians and forcibly removing them from border areas in 1915; wants Turkey to pay reparations and cede territory to Armenia; ASALA; Orly Group; 3rd October Organization
Secret Intelligence Service
- the government agency in the United Kingdom that is responsible for internal security and counterintelligence overseas; MI; Military Intelligence Section 6
- the United States intelligence agency that protects current and former presidents and vice presidents and their immediate families and protects distinguished foreign visitors; detects and apprehends counterfeiters; suppresses forgery of government securities and documents; United States Secret Service; US Secret Service; USSS; SS
US Secret Service
- the United States intelligence agency that protects current and former presidents and vice presidents and their immediate families and protects distinguished foreign visitors; detects and apprehends counterfeiters; suppresses forgery of government securities and documents; United States Secret Service; USSS; Secret Service; SS
United States Secret Service
- the United States intelligence agency that protects current and former presidents and vice presidents and their immediate families and protects distinguished foreign visitors; detects and apprehends counterfeiters; suppresses forgery of government securities and documents; US Secret Service; USSS; Secret Service; SS
- in secrecy; not openly; secretly; on the Q.T.; on the QT
- something that is supposed to be secret but is generally known
- So, it was an open secret.
- It seems to have been an open secret that Sid was a regular user of marijuana.
- The V8 reunion, this time for a full concert, was unadvertised but spread as an open secret.
- a person secretly employed in espionage for a government; intelligence officer; intelligence agent; operative
- Prieur was also the first female French secret agent.
- Anacleto is an inept secret agent with very bad luck.
- He is considered the world's most dangerous secret agent.
- (law) tacit approval of someone's wrongdoing; connivance; tacit consent
- a vote in which each person's choice is secret but the totaled votes are public
- The secret ballot, party-line vote was 18-13.
- Moreover, this was not a secret ballot.
- Pending the other 53 MPs the election will then be held by secret ballot.
- a secret method of writing; cipher; cypher; cryptograph
- a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal); plot; game
- a police force that operates in secrecy (usually against persons suspected of treason or sedition)
- Plain-clothed secret police worked inside Spanish universities.
- Tichý himself has been interrogated many times by the secret police since 1995.
- Wahl betrayed Porter to Rapture's secret police to keep the Thinker for himself.
- a society that conceals its activities from nonmembers
- He joined the secret society Tiandihui as a young man.
- He also was a member of St. Elmo, a secret society at Yale.
- He belonged to no other secret society.
- a piece of writing in code or cipher; cryptogram; cryptograph
- act of writing in code or cipher; cryptography; coding; steganography
- a secret (method or device or formula) that gives a manufacturer an advantage over the competition
- It also applies with respect to trade secret licenses.
- The definition of how SoH is evaluated can be a trade secret.
- Coca-Cola's recipe is maintained as a corporate trade secret.
- Doctor Browning's exit storyline is being kept secret.
- At the time, the moves were all kept secret.
- When Zhuge Liang died, news of his death was kept secret.
- Finally, the Act granted £10,000 for home secret service.
- Roelfzema had had enough of working with the secret service.
- Of these, 657 reached the office of the Federal Chancellor on secret service routes.
- As long as the GDR existed, files on the manhunt were top secret.
- In PRC, the health status of senior leaders is declared top secret.
- Weinberg also participated in several top secret missions for the Allies.
- Before the uprising, anti-Qing secret societies were active in Wuhan.
- It is thus difficult to clearly differentiate between the secret societies.
- They are also used for study and meetings of student groups and secret societies.
- She is revealed to know Clark's secret identity as Superman.
- Rudy was surprised to learn from Lois Superman's secret identity.
- This disguise resembles Wonder Woman's secret identity of Diana Prince.
- His opposition to the Pope and the Jesuit order was no secret.
- However, Edward's intent to summon them back to England was no secret.
- Regardless, it was no secret to anyone that the Rube was there to be watched.
- In September 1820, he undertook a secret mission in Germany on behalf of the Treasury.
- In November 1915, Herbert was in Paris and Rome on a secret mission related to Albania.
- In 1976, during a secret mission, Henry Kissinger threatened Bhutto and his colleagues.
- The box has also functioned as an alternate secret meeting place for G.R.O.S.S., as the "Box of Secrecy".
- In October 1686, Tada Kasuke summoned a dozen trustworthy farmers to a secret meeting held at a local Kumano Shrine.
- But this first secret meeting would also be the last, as Narihira was due to depart that next day for Owari Province.
- He wrote a book about it and his secret services work called "No Other Choice".
- During his term he re-structured the Italian police, civil protection and secret services.
- In that position he re-structured the Italian police, civil protection and secret services.
- television series to design a special weapon for the show's secret agents.
- The Sashin Gunung are patrons of ambassadors, assassins, and secret agents.
- The programme follows the activities of Action Team, a team of British secret agents.
- His or her identity was kept a secret until the broadcast itself.
- Laala Manaka's identity was kept a secret until the film was released in theaters.
- The presence of Japanese POWs so near to Brisbane homes was kept a secret from locals.
- He was just spot-on and he became our secret weapon.
- It is a secret weapon that will neutralize the Volturi's powers.
- He gains access to a secret weapon, which will give him super strength.
- What initially looks like an accident could have been a deliberate maneuver of a secret organization.
- Pankrác traveled in time again, helping the secret organization and gets for example to ancient Greece.
- She subsequently agrees to use her abilities to help a mysterious secret organization called the Committee.
- Spies help agencies uncover secret information.
- Spies often seek to obtain secret information from another source.
- Both sides signed an agreement on mutual protection of secret information.
- He carries her into a secret room and revives her.
- These include the sleeping quarters and the corridor of the "secret room".
- Inside, they find a secret room and a book of horror stories written by Sarah Bellows.
- The Americans opened direct secret negotiations with London, cutting out the French.
- In secret negotiations in 1896, Spain turned down the United States' offers to buy Cuba.
- In 1947, the Iraqi monarchy entered into secret negotiations with the British government.
- One judge who claimed to hold secret documents was later found decapitated.
- At the CARIPLO Bank of Domaso were kept the secret documents taken from Benito Mussolini on 27 April 1945.
- They also met Glading's agent within Royal Arsenal, George Whomack, and photographed some secret documents in the Holland Road safe house.
- The Prime Minister of Canada was the host, but no Canadians attended the secret meetings.
- The Rossini Hall served as a ballroom, while the Egyptian Hall held numerous secret meetings.
- The player can search suspect's rooms, confront them with evidence, and order cameras to record secret meetings.
- He admitted that "he had been living with this dark secret."
- This makes Carla suspect that Paul is keeping a dark secret from her.
- However, Judy keeps a dark secret that causes a disturbing plot twist.
- In his secret location, he reveals his new Yellow Lantern Corps.
- Until the next Feast of Pentecost, the cross is kept at a secret location.
- It is housed in an apartment at a secret location in the 14th arrondissement of Paris.
- The Quebec Agreement was a secret agreement.
- Galician Protocol The Galician Protocol was a secret agreement created in Berlin.
- There is some dispute as to whether removing the missiles from Italy was part of the secret agreement.
- It was a settlement serving a secret military installation.
- It was not patented, since it was a secret military project.
- It was also tasked with organizing secret military resistance groups in Tromsø in German-occupied Norway in 1943.
- Knox made no secret of his view that disestablishment in Ireland was inevitable.
- Because he made no secret of being against Fascism, the Nazis in the prison camp bullied him, just as they did with other anti-fascists.
- The brothers have also made no secret of their use of marijuana and have previously turned down an offer to do anti-marijuana commercials.
- The house was connected by a secret passage to the adjacent Anglican church.
- Meanwhile, Craig has entered the house and accidentally discovers the secret passage.
- The residents all evacuate through a secret passage to the woods behind the community.
- That same evening, a secret government organization called Sector 7 arrests Sam and Mikaela Banes, and captures Bumblebee.
- The team saved troubled charter planes, rescued helicopter pilots, transported air freight, even ran secret government missions.
- An attempt to volunteer for the Royal Air Force during World War II was refused because Decca was involved in top secret government research.
- Branwell entered into a secret relationship with his employer's wife, Lydia Robinson.
- Huey and Felicia have been carrying on a secret relationship since the day she sang live on the radio.
- While they kept their relationship a secret, Ching Yeuk Chan steadily grew tired of their secret relationship.