‹ Shopworn Shorea ›
Meanings and phrases
- the land along the edge of a body of water
- a beam or timber that is propped against a structure to provide support; shoring
- arrive on shore; land; set ashore
- support by placing against something solid or rigid; prop up; prop; shore up
- serve as a shore to
- any of numerous wading birds that frequent mostly seashores and estuaries; shorebird; limicoline bird
- a boulder found on a shore remote from its place of origin
- naval service at land bases
- leave granted to a sailor or naval officer; liberty
- Herbert allowed his men to engage in drunken binges during shore leave.
- The USS "Enterprise" arrives for shore leave at the paradisiacal, newly discovered planet of Rubicun III.
- The area was also the scene of frequent brawls, as in the days before Tanjong Pagar became the port area, European sailors on shore leave would make for Beach Road.
- the military police of the navy
- shrubby two-needled pine of coastal northwestern United States; red to yellow-brown bark fissured into small squares; lodgepole; lodgepole pine; spruce pine; Pinus contorta
- military installation servicing naval forces; naval installation
- support by placing against something solid or rigid; prop up; prop; shore
- Most had added ready-to-wear designs to shore up their businesses.
- Colonel John Patterson's regiment was dispatched to Quebec to shore up American positions.
- Neilson was brought on for Barry Hayles to shore up the defence and they recovered to win 2-1.
- There are some small spruce in a cove on the north shore.
- The village is located on the north shore of Lac Brochet.
- Swan Lake State Park is on the north shore.
- It is situated on the eastern shore of Lake Garda.
- Mount Michener is situated on the eastern shore.
- It is located on the eastern shore of Lake Trasimeno.
- The on the western shore were developed by N.W.
- The cabin is adjacent to the western shore of Quartz Lake.
- The station lies on the western shore of the Pasvikelva river.
- It is situated on the southern shore of Loch Etive.
- The enemies met on the southern shore of Durbe Lake.
- The canal extended the southern shore into the Red Sea.
- It is bordered on its south shore by the A89 road.
- It lies on the south shore of lake Chiemsee.
- There is a reef protecting the south shore of the island.
- Its origin is on the northern shore near Seebruck.
- It is located on the northern shore of the island.
- The lake also hosts a small marina on the northern shore.
- Toward the end, all four members walk along the shore.
- The village is located along the shore of Årsetfjorden.
- Today, a few fishing sheds remain along the shore of Bottle Cove.
- On 14 November and 19 November shore batteries fired on "Hamner", and .
- The Union ships were escorted by some gunboats and backed by shore batteries.
- The shore batteries remained confused about the approaching ships, until shells began to fall.
- Marshall is located on the east shore of Tomales Bay.
- Desolation Sound is off the east shore of the island.
- On the east shore it is gravelly and peaty.
- Located on the lake shore is the "Palazzo dei Capitani".
- Maccagno is located by the lake shore of the Lake Maggiore, on the east side.
- There are several other marinas and boat launches scattered along the lake shore.
- Now the Ganjule speakers have relocated to the west shore of the Lake.
- It is located on the west shore of Hood Canal at the mouth of Lilliwaup Creek.
- Settlements along the west shore of the lake include Sheldrake, Poplar Beach, and Canoga.
- She had been converted in June 1777 into a vessel designed for shore bombardment.
- The shore bombardment was followed by a second air raid with incendiary bombs on July 19.
- The Royal Navy immediately designed a class of monitors, designed for shore bombardment, to use the turrets.
- It lives near the shore at depths down to about .
- It had functioning legs and lived near the shore.
- The local population near the shore subside on fishing.
- The privateers stayed off shore for a number of days.
- These stations give detailed information about tsunamis while they are still far off shore.
- Grøtavær Church is located in the village and the Grøtavær islands are located just off shore.
- It inhabits warm, shallow waters close to shore.
- It frequents shallow waters close to shore, including estuaries.
- The deepest areas of the lake are, ironically, very close to shore.
- The reduction in upwelling leads to fish kills off the shore of Peru.
- Divers dive from boats, kayaks, tube floats, or directly off the shore.
- In 1982, a diver discovered a shipwreck off the shore of Uluburun, Turkey.
- It is located on the north bank of the Bio Bio River across from Santa Juana on the opposite shore.
- Alexander then marched for three days to the Danube, encountering the Getae tribe on the opposite shore.
- It is formed of a vast semi-circular basin over 16 km wide and 20 km from its entrance to the opposite shore.
- By 1921, more than 375 ships had been decommissioned and the shore establishment shrank accordingly.
- She then worked directly for the Ministry of Defence and at the shore establishment HMS "Centurion" until 1976.
- Nine ships and one shore establishment of the Royal Navy have been named , the first an 8-gun sloop launched in 1749.
- She had been lying within 30 yards of a tower and a shore battery of six guns.
- Lieutenant Yeo led fifty men ashore to attack a shore battery that was firing on the frigate.
- On 8 December 1863, "Signal" and defended disabled merchant steamer "Henry Von Phul", which had been shelled by a Southern shore battery.
- 2 km from the sea shore of Bay of Bengal.
- Thinusa Thinusa is a genus of "sea shore genera" in the beetle family Staphylinidae.
- Pontomalota Pontomalota is a genus of "sea shore genera" in the beetle family Staphylinidae.