‹ Sildenafil Silenced ›
Meanings and phrases
- the state of being silent (as when no one is speaking)
- the absence of sound; quiet
- a refusal to speak when expected; muteness
- the trait of keeping things secret; secrecy; secretiveness
- cause to be quiet or not talk; hush; quieten; still; shut up; hush up
- keep from expression, for example by threats or pressure
- the secrecy of police officers who lie or look the other way to protect other police officers; blue wall; wall of silence
- the secrecy of police officers who lie or look the other way to protect other police officers; blue wall of silence; blue wall
- At that time a moment of silence is held for Christ's death.
- Schools and other public offices also observed a moment of silence.
- The Manitoba legislature held a moment of silence in his honour in 2003.
- They and the team they played against wore black armbands for one match and had a minute of silence.
- The city of Nagasaki observed one minute of silence while the bells of all the religious buildings rang.
- Speeches extolled freedom and a minute of silence at noon honored those who died trying to flee to the West.
- Then, after a few hours of bombing, bin Laden broke radio silence again, saying: "Our prayers were not answered.
- Finally breaking radio silence they requested navigational assistance and learned they had flown out over the Irish Sea.
- On the basis of those reports and the continued radio silence, the 3rd Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division, went on full alert.