‹ Silvanus Silver-blue ›
Meanings and phrases
- made from or largely consisting of silver
- having the white lustrous sheen of silver; silvern; silvery
- of lustrous grey; covered with or tinged with the color of silver; argent; silvery; silverish
- expressing yourself readily, clearly, effectively; eloquent; facile; fluent; silver-tongued; smooth-spoken
- a light shade of grey; ash grey; ash gray; silver grey; silver gray
- a soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal; occurs in argentite and in free form; used in coins and jewelry and tableware and photography; Ag; atomic number 47
- coins made of silver
- silverware eating utensils; flatware
- a trophy made of silver (or having the appearance of silver) that is usually awarded for winning second place in a competition; silver medal
- coat with a layer of silver or a silver amalgam
- make silver in color
- turn silver
European silver fir
- tall timber tree of central and southern Europe having a regular crown and grey bark; Christmas tree; Abies alba
- a silver-white alloy containing copper and zinc and nickel; nickel silver
Pacific silver fir
- medium to tall fir of western North America having a conic crown and branches in tiers; leaves smell of orange when crushed; amabilis fir; white fir; red silver fir; Christmas tree; Abies amabilis
- a town in southwestern New Mexico
- a United States military decoration for gallantry in action; Silver Star Medal
Silver Star Medal
- a United States military decoration for gallantry in action; Silver Star
- a state in the southwestern United States; Nevada; Battle Born State; Sagebrush State; NV
- a silver of the degree of purity established for making legal silver coins
- antiseptic consisting of a compound of protein and silver (trade name Argyrol); Argyrol
- a silver-white alloy containing copper and zinc and nickel; German silver
- medium to tall fir of western North America having a conic crown and branches in tiers; leaves smell of orange when crushed; amabilis fir; white fir; Pacific silver fir; Christmas tree; Abies amabilis
- (classical mythology) the second age of the world, characterized by opulence and irreligion; by extension, a period secondary in achievement to a golden age
- any of various timber trees of the genus Flindersia
- New Zealand beech with usually pale silvery bark; Nothofagus menziesii
- any of various deciduous trees of the genus Halesia having white bell-shaped flowers
- deciduous shrubby tree of Europe and western Asia having grey leaves and small yellow fruits covered in silvery scales; sometimes spiny; Russian olive; Elaeagnus augustifolia
- deciduous unarmed North American shrub with silvery leaves and fruits; silverberry; silverbush; silver-bush; Elaeagnus commutata
- European birch with silvery white peeling bark and markedly drooping branches; common birch; European white birch; Betula pendula
- a bromide that darkens when exposed to light; used in making photographic emulsions
- a simple guaranteed solution for a difficult problem
- formerly a bank note issued by the United States Treasury and redeemable in silver
- a chloride used chiefly in the manufacture of photographic emulsions
- the emotional bond between a mother and her offspring
- a dollar made of silver; cartwheel
- southeastern European plant cultivated for its fragrant purplish flowers and round flat papery silver-white seedpods that are used for indoor decoration; honesty; money plant; satin flower; satinpod; Lunaria annua
- He also designed the commemorative silver dollar for the event.
- The actual process of defining the US silver dollar had nothing to do with any geometric mean.
- It likely received its name because of its size and its almost perfectly round shape, much like that of a silver dollar.
- tropical American fern having fronds with white undersides; Pityrogramma calomelanos
- fern of southern tropical Africa having fronds with white undersides; Pityrogramma argentea
- any of various true firs having leaves white or silvery white beneath
- red fox in the color phase when its pelt is tipped with white
- of Australia and New Zealand
- a light shade of grey; ash grey; ash gray; silver; silver grey
- a light shade of grey; ash grey; ash gray; silver; silver gray
- found off Atlantic coast of North America; Merluccius bilinearis; whiting
- an iodide that is used in photography, in seeding clouds to make rain, and in medicine
- silvery mojarra found along sandy shores of the western Atlantic; Eucinostomus gula
- an anniversary celebrating the passage of 25 years
- The college celebrated its silver jubilee in 2015.
- In February 2006, VVPS celebrated its silver jubilee at Siddhartha auditorium in Vijayawada.
- The music was scored by Kalyanji-Anandji and was declared a silver jubilee at the box office.
- shrubby perennial of the Canary Islands having white flowers and leaves and hairy stems covered with dustlike down; sometimes placed in genus Chrysanthemum; dusty miller; silver-lace; Tanacetum ptarmiciflorum; Chrysanthemum ptarmiciflorum
- twining perennial vine having racemes of fragrant greenish flowers; western China to Russia; China fleece vine; Russian vine; Polygonum aubertii
- large tree native to eastern Europe and Asia Minor having leaves with white tomentum on the under side; widely cultivated as an ornamental; silver linden; Tilia tomentosa
- large tree native to eastern Europe and Asia Minor having leaves with white tomentum on the under side; widely cultivated as an ornamental; silver lime; Tilia tomentosa
- a consoling aspect of a difficult situation; bright side
- a common North American maple tree; five-lobed leaves are light green above and silvery white beneath; source of hard close-grained but brittle light-brown wood; Acer saccharinum
- a trophy made of silver (or having the appearance of silver) that is usually awarded for winning second place in a competition; silver
- Emperor Gojong presented Park with a silver medal.
- As a result, he rose to the silver medal position.
- They won the silver medal at the 1983 NHK Trophy.
- a mine where silver ore is dug
- a nitrate used in making photographic emulsions; also used in medicine as a cautery and as a topical antibacterial agent
- Penetrants used include silver nitrate, zinc iodide, chloroform and diiodomethane.
- When silver nitrate in water is added insoluble silver iodide precipitates and K[Pt(OH)(NH)] remains in solution.
- He is credited with the discovery of the element arsenic and experimented with photosensitive chemicals, including silver nitrate.
- small slender tree with usually entire grey-green pendulous leaves and white or cream-colored flowers; northern Australia; Grevillela parallela
- small silvery drumfish often mistaken for white perch; found along coasts of United States from New York to Mexico; mademoiselle; Bairdiella chrysoura
- small silvery food and game fish of eastern United States streams; white perch; Morone americana
- tall pine of western North America with stout blue-green needles; bark is grey-brown with rectangular plates when mature; western white pine; mountain pine; Pinus monticola
- timber tree of New Zealand having shiny white wood; westland pine; Lagarostrobus colensoi
- tableware that is plated with silver
- a thin layer of silver deposited on something
- Then they left, taking some silver plate.
- By 1274, he was given a silver plate to wear with an image of a tiger on it.
- The second form was an ordinary cross carved onto a round or oblong silver plate.
- a colloid preparation of protein (albumin or gelatin) and silver oxide; used in aqueous solution as an antibacterial agent
- pale easily worked timber from the quandong tree
- Australian tree having hard white timber and glossy green leaves with white flowers followed by one-seeded glossy blue fruit; quandong; quandong tree; Brisbane quandong; blue fig; Elaeocarpus grandis
- low much-branched perennial of western United States having silvery leaves; an important browse and shelter plant; silver sagebrush; grey sage; gray sage; Seriphidium canum; Artemisia cana
- low much-branched perennial of western United States having silvery leaves; an important browse and shelter plant; silver sage; grey sage; gray sage; Seriphidium canum; Artemisia cana
- small salmon of northern Pacific coasts and the Great Lakes; coho; cohoe; coho salmon; blue jack; Oncorhynchus kisutch
- fatty pinkish flesh of small salmon caught in the Pacific and Great Lakes; coho salmon; coho; cohoe
- a white or silvered surface where pictures can be projected for viewing; screen; projection screen
- the film industry
- She acted in theater in parallel with the silver screen.
- In 1910 he left the stage and joined as an actor on the silver screen.
- Rotimi made his silver screen debut in the film "Black Nativity" (2013).
- a solder that contains silver
- the inherited wealth of established upper-class families; old money
- tall spruce with blue-green needles and dense conic crown; older trees become columnar with lower branches sweeping downward; Colorado spruce; Colorado blue spruce; Picea pungens
- a monetary standard under which the basic unit of currency is defined by a stated quantity of silver
- a storm with freezing rain that leaves everything glazed with ice; ice storm
- small stocky fan palm of southern Florida and Cuba; key palm; silvertop palmetto; Thrinax microcarpa; Thrinax morrisii; Thrinax keyensis
- small palm of southern Florida and West Indies closely resembling the silvertop palmetto; thatch palm; thatch tree; broom palm; Thrinax parviflora
- small South African tree with long silvery silky foliage; Leucadendron argenteum
- Australian timber tree; Tarrietia argyrodendron
- a showy tree fern of New Zealand and Australia having a crown of pinnated fronds with whitish undersides; sago fern; black tree fern; Cyathea medullaris
- ornamental vine of eastern Asia having yellow edible fruit and leaves with silver-white markings; silvervine; Actinidia polygama
- evergreen Australasian tree having white or silvery bark and young leaves and yellow flowers; mimosa; Acacia dealbata
- a dull silvery whiting of southern Atlantic and Gulf Coasts of the United States; Menticirrhus littoralis
- North American willow with greyish silky pubescent leaves that usually blacken in drying; silky willow; Salix alba sericea; Salix sericea
- a silver alloy with no more than 7.5% copper
- Some commemorative five cent coins are also made of sterling silver.
- In proof sets issued since 1996, the five cent coin is made of sterling silver.
- Metals include gold- or silver-plated brass, and sometimes vermeil or sterling silver.
- They lost this final, but still won a silver medal.
- He also won a silver medal in the 1500 meter event.
- He won a silver medal in the boardercross event.
- They won the silver medal at the 1983 NHK Trophy.
- She won the silver medal at the 2012 Paralympics.
- He won two gold and silver medals at a young age.
- He has won two silver medals in these competitions.
- Canada earned silver medals in all three tournaments.
- He won two gold and silver medals at a young age.
- So we got gold and silver, which was amazing."
- Craftsmen embroidered items with gold and silver thread.
- His replacement Hu Jia and Tian Liang won silver.
- At the 1992 Summer Paralympics the team won silver.
- He also won silver in the 4×200-metre freestyle.
- He was the silver medalist at the 2010 Asian Games.
- She is the 2014 Asian Games silver medalist.
- He is a national wrestling silver medalist.
- He regained the whole parcel of Gesztence for 120 silver coins.
- In 1763/64 and 1785 the first silver coins were struck in Tibet.
- Offerings are made of petals, gold and silver coins, and precious stones.
- A lack of silver and gold precluded further coinage.
- He also designed jewelry with silver and gold.
- Until 1946, it was a center for silver and gold mining.
- He has also won silver and bronze medals at World Cup events.
- His Bomber crews also earned silver and bronze medals at the Dad Vail Regatta.
- He won gold, silver and bronze medals at the 2012 Paralympic Games held in London.
- He was twice a silver medallist at the IAAF World Cup.
- She is the 1972 Olympic silver medallist and 1973 World champion.
- He was the 100 metres silver medallist at the 2015 Pan American Games.
- He finished in second-place position, winning a silver.
- He competed in the four-man event at the 2018 Winter Olympics winning a silver medal.
- Anastasia competed in both the 2004 and 2008 Summer Paralympics winning a silver medal.
- Musaev won silver medals at the 2014 and 2018 Asian Games.
- She won silver medals at the 1966 and 1971 European championships.
- He also won silver medals in this distance in 1949, 1951 and 1955.
- The town had an active silk industry and silver mines.
- They also ran iron and silver mines, extracted from Mount Meta.
- The Spanish adopted this system, particularly for their silver mines in Bolivia.
- He reached the final, winning the silver medal.
- He finished the final as second, winning the silver medal.
- After winning the silver medal, Moore said: "This is a dream come true.
- The medal, depending on the version, is made of either gold or silver.
- Wealthy Albanian women wore headdresses embellished with gems, gold or silver.
- Sun and moon images were embroidered or painted with gold or silver on a red brocade.
- "Worn Out" even received a silver medal.
- The cyclist with the highest number of points received a silver jersey.
- In 1882 the new spa received a silver medal at an exhibition in Cracow.
- He has won two silver medals in these competitions.
- At the 2008 Summer Paralympics she won two silver medals.
- In Olympic team competitions, he has won two silver medals.
- The penny was minted as a silver coin until the 17th century.
- The first distinctively Roman silver coin appeared around 226 BC.
- States are only permitted to make gold and silver coin legal tender.
- Behind China, the Dutch team took the silver.
- In 2012, she took the silver medal at the IPC Championships.
- The pair took the silver in the Kilo.
- She took silver in the 800m along with a bronze in the 5,000m.
- China took silver and Japan bronze.
- The Netherlands took silver, and the United States bronze, in 2004.
- They were two-time German silver medalists and placed 11th at the 1968 Winter Olympics.
- They became two-time national silver medalists and placed 12th at the 1978 and 1979 European Championships.
- Its Individual Men gold and silver medalists won the Teams (two players) followed by Vietnam and Hong Kong.
- She won a team silver medal at the 1976 Olympics.
- In 1964 he also won a team silver medal at the world championships.
- He won team silver medal.
- At the 2015 Cup of China, he won the silver medal behind reigning World champion Javier Fernández.
- So Deal advanced, and on his sixth and final throw, won the silver medal behind Balázs Kiss of Hungary.
- He closed his track season with a 5000 m silver medal behind Imane Merga at the 2009 IAAF World Athletics Final.
- They are also quite successful in the Island Games, winning silver on three occasions.
- She produced strong performances in Spain and Golden Grand prix by winning silver in each.
- she came 2nd in the points race and 3rd in the 3000 m pursuit, winning silver and bronze medals.
- In 2001, his varsity pair earned a silver medal.
- Nationally it ranked #1753 and earned a silver medal.
- In the finals, he finished second and earned a silver medal.
- Ward’s last venture was silver mining.
- The silver mining boom in the Park City area in the 1870s created a sudden demand for coal.
- However, all silver mining had stopped by 1891, due to falling silver prices and over-expenditure on treatment plants.
- Sandeep Shukla won silver medal in Middleweight category.
- Valerii won silver medal at the 2018 Worlds in Madrid, Spain.
- They also won silver medal in 2006 and a bronze medal in 2004.
- The medal is made of silver and is in diameter.
- "Kargota" is mostly made of silver and worn round the waist only by men.
- The medal of the 1st-degree is made of silver, and the 2nd-degree of bronze.
- Great Britain went on to win the silver medal.
- Ochigava was the world's number two and went on to win the silver medal in the event.
- McKienzie returned to the national team in 2012 and helped the team win the silver medal at the FIVB World League.
- The album was certified silver by the British Phonographic Industry.
- The building was converted from a factory; it is LEED certified silver.
- In March 1979 it was certified silver by the BPI for shipments of 250,000 copies.
- In 1939 he won another silver in team event.
- He won another silver medal at the Colonial Exhibition of 1924.
- In 1975, Kadir earned another silver at the SEAP Games in Bangkok.
- She was also awarded a silver medal for her 12 individual points.
- Pishchalnikova participated in the 2012 Olympics and was awarded a silver medal.
- In 1960 he was awarded a silver medal at the 12th Triennale for Design in Milan.
- She has won team gold and individual silver medals in the 1998 Commonwealth Games.
- He won an individual silver at the 1930 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Oslo.
- Many veterans though opted for small individual silver stars directly affixed to the ribbon.
- His models were paid in silver dollars, beef and autographed photos.
- By 1900, value of silver dollars had fallen to 50 percent of gold dollars.
- Zhou Pan (), a local military officer, purchased the lid for 3,000 silver dollars.
- The cross is topped by a Sun of May in silver or gold.
- grain) as well as metals like silver or gold.
- Less often, jewellers use copper, silver or gold wires.
- The Pyu practice of issuing gold and silver coinage was not retained.
- The weights of silver coinage were inherited from Corinthian merchants.
- Rhodian silver coinage may give hints on the appearance of the Colossus of Rhodes.
- The race took place in Parole and the original silver cup is now displayed in the Baltimore Museum of Art.
- Newnes provided a silver cup for the Newnes Trophy series of chess matches between Great Britain and the United States, conducted over transatlantic cable from 1896 to 1911.
- The following year Tyler and Dance became the Academy's first auditors, helping put the institution on a sounder financial footing, for which Tyler was presented with a silver cup in 1799.
- In this event, Torgersen also won a national silver medal in 1957.
- The following season, he became the Turkish national silver medalist.
- Kozuka won another national silver medal at the 2008–09 Japan Championships.