‹ Smarmy Smarta ›
Meanings and phrases
- showing mental alertness and calculation and resourcefulness
- elegant and stylish; chic; voguish
- characterized by quickness and ease in learning; bright
- improperly forward or bold; fresh; impertinent; impudent; overbold; saucy; sassy; wise
- painfully severe
- quick and brisk
- capable of independent and apparently intelligent action
- a kind of pain such as that caused by a wound or a burn or a sore; smarting; smartness
- be the source of pain; ache; hurt
- (Southern or Midland) considerable
- to a great degree or by a great distance; very much (`right smart' is regional in the United States); way
- an upstart who makes conceited, sardonic, insolent comments; wise guy; wiseacre; wisenheimer; weisenheimer
- a bomb that can be guided (by a laser beam or radio) to its target
- a plastic card containing a microprocessor that enables the holder to perform operations requiring data that is stored in the microprocessor; typically used to perform financial transactions
- It enables everybody to immediately use their smart card applications, e.g.
- It makes use of the smart card chip on the front of the standard issue debit card.
- METRO Q Card The METRO Q Card is a contactless smart card used to ride on public transportation in Greater Houston.
- (law) compensation in excess of actual damages (a form of punishment awarded in cases of malicious or willful misconduct); punitive damages; exemplary damages
- money bet or invested by experienced gamblers or investors (especially if they have inside information)
- people who are highly experienced or who have inside information
- the fashionable elite; society; high society; beau monde; bon ton
- having the shrewd resourcefulness needed to survive in an urban environment; streetwise; with-it
- "The money will be used for “smart grid" demonstration projects.
- China is planning for smart grid and related Advanced Metering Infrastructure.
- Wide area transmission can be viewed as a horizontal extension of the smart grid.
- Students are also required to bring school issued smart cards.
- Delhi Metro tokens and smart cards are accepted on Rapid Metro.
- Another concern for ECC-systems is the danger of fault attacks, especially when running on smart cards.
- This resulted in the removal of this feature from Samsung Android smart phones in July 2012.
- After 2013, Alipay and Wechat began to support mobile payment using QR code on smart phones.
- TV and video games were once largest contributors to screen time, but the past decade has seen a shift towards smart phones and tablets.
- Only they were very smart.
- Due to the trauma of his past, Yul is also very smart and skilled in the martial arts.
- The people who inhabit the land of Shelldorado are very smart despite looking like savage monsters.
- The smart phone app uses the phones location data to pay at the pump using the app.
- About 3 percent of AT&T smart phone customers account for 40 percent of the technology's use.
- Mobile Deposit allows smart phone users to snap a picture of the check with the phone's camera.