‹ Specializing Specialness ›
Meanings and phrases
- in a special manner; especially
- to a distinctly greater extent or degree than is common; particularly; peculiarly; especially
- These are specially designed to bind with specific molecules.
- The Van Hool trolleybuses were specially designed for the VMCV.
- Obstacles are specially designed to simulate firefighting reality.
- This would normally be permitted only to a very experienced and specially trained surveyor.
- These volunteers are specially trained to help others without putting themselves in harm’s way.
- 54th (DLI) was one of six S/L regiments specially trained for this work under 31 and 50 AA Bdes.
- Parkour is not usually specially built in urban areas.
- Two specially built separated busways (HOV1 & HOV2) are used by lines 401 to 406.
- Nearby is a canoe rental and a fishing pier specially built to be handicap-accessible.
- One was a specially made convertible.
- The mountain bike track was specially made for this championship.
- The Showa fork specially made for MV Agusta has fast-detach axle clamps.
- Other trikes include ATVs that are specially constructed for off-road use.
- The tester strains are specially constructed to detect either frameshift (e.g.
- Most of the circuits currently in use are specially constructed for competition.
- Some police cars are specially adapted for certain locations (e.g.
- The pieces move in ways specially adapted to the Alquerque-gridded board.
- Its limbs are well-developed, though its four five-toed feet are not specially adapted for digging.
- A specially commissioned anniversary book was produced to mark the occasion.
- The victor was also awarded a specially commissioned "Sugar" Ray Robinson trophy.
- In June 1802 Napoleon Bonaparte awarded the Ninth three specially commissioned flags.
- CN7 was powered by a specially modified Bristol-Siddeley Proteus free-turbine engine of driving all four wheels.
- Developed under the supervision of Major-General Percy Hobart, these were specially modified M4 Sherman and Churchill tanks.
- He was also project pilot on the Laminar Flow Control Leading Edge research program using a specially modified C-140 JetStar.
- Ssewa Ssewa wanted to create something which was new and specially created by himself.
- Operated by a specially created authority, S4C would air programmes in Welsh made by HTV, the BBC and independent companies.
- The thesauri used are either specially created for the task, or a pre-existing language model, usually related to Princeton's WordNet.
- Such traditional ornaments are got specially prepared.
- Performances were held in the palace, in a specially prepared hall.
- U-KISS performed a Spanish version of "Dear My Friend", specially prepared for their Latin American fans.
- The B-side was specially written for the band by David Scott-Morgan.
- Sometimes the lyrics themselves are synthesized using specially written software.
- Arditti has been responsible for having given the world premières of a number of large scale works specially written for him.
- The Bridgestone Expedia S.01 asymmetric uni-directional tyres were specially developed for the XJ220.
- The Golf GTE uses a six-speed DSG gearbox with a triple-clutch system specially developed for hybrid vehicles.
- The progeny feed on a skin layer that is specially developed by the adult in a phenomenon known as maternal dermatophagy.
- The locale was specially selected for the low density of its Muslim population (20.7%), as an additional security measure.
- The battery and its escort in the comparatively open country south of China was specially selected by the enemy for attack.
- Also on disc one are 10 specially selected, previously unreleased original mono reference mixes, with Ross’s original live vocals.