‹ Splint Splintering ›
Meanings and phrases
- a small thin sharp bit or wood or glass or metal; sliver
- withdraw from an organization or communion; secede; break away
- divide into slivers or splinters; sliver
- break up into splinters or slivers; sliver
- a faction or sect that has broken away from its parent organization
- It is a splinter group of Periyar Dravidar Kazhagam.
- A splinter group reconstituted the Liberal Party in 1989.
- Victoria C Band of Awino Lawi was one of the splinter group of Victoria Jazz.
- In the four years in opposition the SDS suffered the defection of numerous splinter groups.
- Many splinter groups have formed out of MOD that eventually became defunct or still exist as rival gangs.
- Other splinter groups followed other leaders in their own interpretation of the Latter Day Saint movement.