‹ Stabilized Stabilizing ›
Meanings and phrases
- a chemical that is added to a solution or mixture or suspension to maintain it in a stable or unchanging state
- airfoil consisting of a device for stabilizing an aircraft
- a device for making something stable; stabiliser
- the horizontal airfoil of an aircraft's tail assembly that is fixed and to which the elevator is hinged; horizontal stabiliser; tailplane
- The Ar I was designed as a tailless aircraft, in which the ailerons also served as horizontal stabilizer.
- A movable elevator attached to the trailing edge of the horizontal stabilizer was used for pitch control.
- It was equipped with a single forward elevator and a horizontal stabilizer with a movable rudder in the rear.
- a rigid metal bar between the front suspensions and between the rear suspensions of cars and trucks; serves to stabilize the chassis; anti-sway bar
- a stabilizer that is part of the vertical tail structure of an airplane; vertical stabiliser; vertical fin; tail fin; tailfin
- Under water, the sail acts as a vertical stabilizer.
- The vertical stabilizer and rudder appeared similar, though shorter vertically in the prototype.
- The vertical stabilizer of the orbiter had a leading edge that was swept back at a 45-degree angle.