‹ Street-walk Streetlight ›
Meanings and phrases
- a wheeled vehicle that runs on rails and is propelled by electricity; tram; tramcar; trolley; trolley car
- the track on which trams or streetcars run; tramline; tramway
- Another streetcar line was proposed for Maine Avenue SW.
- The 4.7-mile streetcar line is expected to cost $138.5 million.
- A streetcar line between Wiesbaden and Dotzheim was also established.
- It served as the terminus for streetcar lines from as far as Trenton.
- These streetcar lines were replaced with bus routes in the 1930s and 1940s.
- On Sundays Routes 53 and 75 streetcar lines were operated as one route between Mt.
- The streetcar system was dismantled in 1945, and the barns were converted into a two-story shopping center in 1972.
- The New Orleans streetcar system, established in 1835, is the oldest continuously operating street railroad in the world.
- The streetcars are the first to run in the District of Columbia since the dismantling of the previous streetcar system in 1962.
- Union Station Loop was opened for streetcar service in 1990.
- Local streetcar service, which ran next to the Caldwell station on Bloomfield Avenue ended in 1952.
- Electric streetcar service was planned early on, to serve both the Park and the Agricultural College.