‹ Substitutable Substituted ›
Meanings and phrases
- serving or used in place of another; alternate; alternative
- artificial and inferior; ersatz
- capable of substituting in any of several positions on a team; utility
- a person or thing that takes or can take the place of another; replacement
- someone who takes the place of another (as when things get dangerous or difficult); stand-in; relief; reliever; backup; backup man; fill-in
- an athlete who plays only when a starter on the team is replaced; reserve; second-stringer
- put in the place of another; switch seemingly equivalent items; replace; interchange; exchange
- be a substitute; sub; stand in; fill in
- act as a substitute; deputize; deputise; step in
- a drink resembling coffee that is sometimes substituted for it
- He was an unused substitute in the goalless draw.
- He remained an unused substitute in the 0–2 loss.
- He remained an unused substitute for the 2–1 victory.
- He did not prove himself to the new manager and was used again as a late substitute.
- He made his debut against Chile, coming on as a late substitute for Rónald Matarrita.
- Three days later he came on as a late substitute in the 3–0 defeat to Georgia in Tbilisi.
- It was possible to arrange a substitute against payment.
- His debut for Rovers was as a substitute against Sunderland.
- He returned to the side as a substitute against Middlesbrough on 6 September 2000.
- He made four further substitute appearances later that season.
- On his return, he made six substitute appearances for the first team.
- In 2015, he collected four substitute appearances for the runners-up.
- She played twelve minutes in a substitute appearance.
- He made one substitute appearance, becoming Lion number #834.
- He walked out on the club after another substitute appearance.
- Burks now works as a substitute teacher in Birmingham.
- Mrs. Minty: (Voiced by Peter Merryman) A substitute teacher.
- While attending law school, Brown worked as a substitute teacher.
- Westwood replaced Robbie Blake as a 67th minute substitute.
- Anderlecht, coming on as a 76th minute substitute for Christian Osaguona.
- Whilst playing away at Ipswich, Gallagher came on as a 72nd minute substitute.
- Díaz was an unused substitute during the game.
- He remained as a non-playing substitute during the National League and Championship campaigns.
- He was a regular during the next few National League campaigns but was an unused substitute during the championship.
- As a result, Done was placed on the substitute bench for the rest of the season.
- Stirling made six appearances for The Imps, all coming from the substitute bench.
- However, he appeared in and out of the substitute bench, as well as, facing new competitions.
- In the Round of 16 against Norway, she entered the match as a second half substitute replacing Hayley Raso.
- On 25 August he made his debut for the club as a substitute replacing Mario Ravasio in the 73rd minute of a 2–1 away win over Pistoiese.
- On 5 May 2010, he made his debut for the club, coming on as a 28th-minute substitute replacing Murray Davidson in a 0–0 draw with Falkirk.
- Spahn was a substitute member of the Budget Committee.
- Her substitute member is Jean-Marie Darmian (Mayor of Creon).
- She is a substitute member of the Committee on Employment and Social Affairs, as well as the Committee on Human Rights.