‹ Summing Summits ›
Meanings and phrases
- the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development; acme; height; elevation; peak; pinnacle; superlative; meridian; tiptop; top
- the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill); peak; crown; crest; top; tip
- a meeting of heads of governments; summit meeting
- reach the summit (of a mountain); breast
- a meeting of heads of governments; summit
- Former Vice-President Al Gore spoke at the two-day opening summit meeting.
- On February 8, 2019, President Trump announced that Hanoi will host the summit meeting.
- Near the end of his term, he failed to set up a summit meeting with the Soviets when a U.S. spy plane was shot down over the Soviet Union.
- The western peak is the highest summit of Tutupaca.
- The highest summit is the Aiguille du Belvédère at .
- The highest summit is the Lautaro volcano at .
- The telescope is near the summit of Mauna Kea at .
- This trail meets the main trail near the summit.
- There is a television mast near the summit.
- In 1871 they reached the summit of the Cima Brenta.
- It is unknown whether either of them reached the summit.
- Even as far back as 1950 a small number of people doubted the expedition had reached the summit.
- The mountain summit receives an average of of snowfall each winter.
- The mountain summit receives an average of of snow fall each winter.
- An "Ultra" is a mountain summit with a topographic prominence of or more.
- They tried to reach the summit of the island but found the cliffs impassable.
- It is normally not possible to reach the summit before dark after starting in daylight.
- During summer month weekends, it is common for a dozen or more people to reach the summit.
- Ragged Top Mountain Ragged Top Mountain is a summit located in the Trinity Range in the U.S. state of Nevada.
- On the southern most peak just below the summit lies the wreck of a RAAF Lincoln bomber.
- Also, Lachenal's diary says he took the summit photographs from a ledge slightly below the summit.
- Other features include dense forest, reddish-orange rhyolite boulders, and a natural cave just below the summit.
- Brandenburger Bluff lies northwest of the main summit.
- The main summit (1,465 m) is located within the canton of Neuchâtel.
- 600 metres (650 yards) north of the main summit is a small unnamed tarn.
- The summit area bears three rocky tors, the middle one of which is the highest.
- Lava flows extend down from the summit area of Nemo Peak and are covered with scoria.
- The summit area exhibits the plagioclase-phyric andesite lavas of the Birker Fell Formation.
- In this ranking, points were won by reaching the summit of a climb ahead of other cyclists.
- Almost reaching the summit both succumbed to the reeking vapour of the Lycopodium contained in the smoke pots.
- Back in Romania, she set up a regional standard for women's rock climbing, after reaching the summit of Omu Peak.
- During the Pleistocene, alpine glaciers eroded several cirques east of the summit plateau.
- A large cairn (man-made mound of stones), visible from sea level, can be found on the summit plateau.
- Standing Crag provides a terminal to the summit plateau, rising beautifully above its reflecting tarn.
- They did not spot anyone and could see the summit ridge until 10 a.m when clouds blocked the view.
- At the top there is another very narrow and very exposed summit ridge to cross in order to get to the summit cross.
- From here Blea Crag can be outflanked on either side to arrive on the summit ridge to the east or west of the summit.