‹ Tempera Temperamental ›
Meanings and phrases
- your usual mood; disposition
- excessive emotionalism or irritability and excitability (especially when displayed openly)
- an adjustment of the intervals (as in tuning a keyboard instrument) so that the scale can be used to play in different keys
- the division of the scale based on an octave that is divided into twelve exactly equal semitones
- ("See Twelve-tone equal temperament below.")
- Twelve-tone equal temperament took hold for a variety of reasons.
- This deviation from equal temperament is called the Railsback curve.