‹ Templates Temples ›
Meanings and phrases
- place of worship consisting of an edifice for the worship of a deity
- the flat area on either side of the forehead
- an edifice devoted to special or exalted purposes
- (Judaism) the place of worship for a Jewish congregation; synagogue; tabernacle
- popular child actress of the 1930's (born in 1928); Black; Shirley Temple Black
Shirley Temple Black
- popular child actress of the 1930's (born in 1928); Black; Shirley Temple
Temple of Apollo
- (Greek mythology) the oracle at Delphi where a priestess supposedly delivered messages from Apollo to those who sought advice; the messages were usually obscure or ambiguous; Oracle of Apollo; Delphic oracle; oracle of Delphi
Temple of Artemis
- a large temple at Ephesus that was said to be one of the seven wonders of the ancient world
Temple of Jerusalem
- any of three successive temples in Jerusalem that served as the primary center for Jewish worship; the first temple contained the Ark of the Covenant and was built by Solomon in the 10th century BC and destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar in 586 BC; the second was built in 515 BC and the third was an enlargement by Herod the Great in 20 BC that was destroyed by the Romans during a Jewish revolt in AD 70; all that remains is the Wailing Wall; Temple of Solomon
Temple of Solomon
- any of three successive temples in Jerusalem that served as the primary center for Jewish worship; the first temple contained the Ark of the Covenant and was built by Solomon in the 10th century BC and destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar in 586 BC; the second was built in 515 BC and the third was an enlargement by Herod the Great in 20 BC that was destroyed by the Romans during a Jewish revolt in AD 70; all that remains is the Wailing Wall; Temple of Jerusalem
- large citrus tree having large sweet deep orange fruit that is easily peeled; widely cultivated in Florida; temple orange tree; tangor; king orange; Citrus nobilis
- large sweet easily-peeled Florida fruit with deep orange rind
- large citrus tree having large sweet deep orange fruit that is easily peeled; widely cultivated in Florida; temple orange; tangor; king orange; Citrus nobilis
- frangipani of India having an erect habit and conical form; grown in temple gardens; pagoda tree; Plumeria acutifolia
- Near the temple complex is a large granite Nandi bull.
- The whole temple complex became over long.
- The temple complex has two entrances, i.e.
- There is a temple dedicated to the God Shiva nearby.
- There is a temple dedicated to Mahadev at the center.
- The Gahtku Mandir is the temple dedicated to Ghatotkacha.
- The whole temple was built without the use of mortar.
- This temple was built in vikram samvat 1552 (1492 AD).
- The temple was built in 1921 by Ong Choo Wee.
- Simandhar Swami Jain Derasar is a temple located near Modhera crossroads.
- Thirunelly Thirunelli Temple is a very famous temple located in this village.
- There is also a Thai Buddhist temple located in the Hazelhead area of the city.
- The main temple houses statues of goddess Ma Kali.
- From the main temple the road forks left and right.
- The main temple for the war god Haldi was in Musasir.
- The temple is located at 5306 Palm River Road.
- Nikkōin temple is located at the base of the mountain.
- Mahadev temple is located in the heart of the village.
- The shrine of Sabarimala is an ancient temple.
- There is an ancient temple in Puthiyedam.
- The campus is close to the ancient temple town of Srivilliputhur.
- He also established the new temple in the Ashrama.
- By 1910, plans to construct a new temple were being devised.
- The new temple was consecrated in 1973.
- The village has a temple built on a well.
- For example, a temple built by him was excavated at Tell Nebesha.
- Historical temple of lord Siddhnath,a big temple built in 450 years ago.
- A similar temple is situated in Buddha-Gaya.
- Kalika Mai temple is situated at outskirt of Biranchi Barwa.
- Hingulambika temple is situated at Hongunti near Shabad town.
- Another famous temple is the Vattackad Temple.
- This is ancient and famous temple in bihar.
- There is a famous temple of Chamunda Mata near this village.
- The temple also have a small temple of Bhairav.
- A small temple is found at the bottom of the hill to the north.
- There are water cisterns, small temple and a bastion on the fort.
- The temple architecture is distinctly of Kerala style.
- The style was influenced by South indian temple architecture.
- The Bangla Chali follows the tradition of temple architecture.
- Like the mortuary temple, the chapel was floored with black basalt.
- For centuries, Sennyū-ji was a mortuary temple for aristocrats and the imperial house.
- Userkaf's mortuary temple and cult pyramid are today completely ruined and difficult to recognize.
- The dense forest, part of the Periyar Tiger Reserve, around the temple is known as Poongavanam.
- They are spotted by the local people around the temple, and the two hide in Radha's (Roja) home.
- The majority of the people who lived around the temple were waterfront workers who were the backbone of the Penang port.
- According to some writers, he raped Cassandra inside the temple.
- The eight idols adorning the pillars inside the temple are of ashta Lakshmi.
- The temple has three water bodies located at various places inside the temple.
- The temple is dedicated to the goddess Bhagavathi.
- The temple is dedicated to the Goddess (Palliara Devi).
- The temple is dedicated to the Goddess Kali.
- This more than 2,000 years old temple is near Tirumala.
- The old temple can be seen in Badiadka.
- Later, Maha Kali left the old temple.
- Lord Rama temple was constructed by the Kakatiya Emperors.
- The temple was constructed by the Early Chola king Killivalavan.
- The temple was constructed by the Medieval Cholas in accordance with contemporary Chola designs.
- Seongjong Seongjong () is the temple name of two Korean monarchs:
- The temple name is Arulmigu Singandeswarar Udanurai Uthbalambal Thirukovil.
- Grand Progenitor Grand Progenitor or Supreme Progenitor is an East Asian temple name.
- It was the first temple in Brazil and in South America.
- It was the first temple known to have been built in Southern Iraq.
- This is the first temple in Tamil Nadu having the image of Lord Natarajar.
- The king found the shivalinga and built a temple to Shiva.
- In her memory, Kempe Gowda built a temple in her name in Koramangala.
- Ballal Sen uncovered the deity from there and built a temple, named for Dhakeswari.
- Ramjanki Mandir is a temple situated in the village.
- historical famous temple subrahmanya swamy temple situated here.
- Thali Temple is one of the historic temple situated in South Kondazhi.
- Dionysus would inhabit the temple during his absence.
- There was no damage done to the temple during the war.
- The lighting of the temple during the Ganesh festival is marvelous.
- Dancers lived in temple premises solely dedicating their lives to reputed dance forms like Odissi and Bharathanatyam.
- Pandeyji, the head priest, observes the kid and decides to let the kid grow up in the vicinity of the temple premises.
- The event involves installation of new images in the temple and burial of the old ones in the temple premises at Koili Vaikuntha.
- The cisterns near the temple provide drinking water.
- There are three main caves near the temple.
- Archaeologists found an animal necropolis near the temple.
- The original temple building completed in 1872.
- The original temple was built by the Pandavas at the time of Mahabharatha.
- The original temple dates back to 320 during the Eastern Jin dynasty (265–420).
- Much of the wealth was devoted to temple building.
- The original temple building completed in 1872.
- Well beyond the temple building proper was the outermost wall.
- There is also one Ayyappa temple near the junction.
- They also built the compound wall of an Amman temple near Sedipetti.
- She also built a Caesareum temple near the harbor of Alexandria dedicated to his worship.
- In 2000 Hinckey announced plans to build a temple in Nigeria in the city of Aba.
- In that year Russell M. Nelson announced plans to build a temple in Lagos, Nigeria.
- David wishes to build a temple, but Nathan tells him that one of his sons will be the one to build the temple.
- Odin was the king of the realm, and made Njörðr and Freyr temple priests.
- His continuous late night disappearances baffle his friends and the temple priests.
- The temple priests perform the puja (rituals) during festivals and on a daily basis.
- The temple is believed to be built by Kanvamahirshi.
- This temple is believed to be found before 411ME Kollavarsham.
- This temple is believed to be constructed around 700 years ago.
- A tamarind (imli) tree lives within the temple.
- Sacrificial offerings are often placed within the temple.
- The seven story, tall, octagonal-based Chinese pagoda is made of brick and stone is situated within the temple.