‹ Trading Traditional ›
Meanings and phrases
- an inherited pattern of thought or action
- a specific practice of long standing; custom
- weiss also cites being inspired by the "oral tradition."
- The unique feature of "Devi Māhātmyam" is the oral tradition.
- Its last ruler, according to oral tradition, was named Nimi a Nzima.
- Germany has a long tradition of higher education.
- Cuba had a long tradition of celebrating Christmas.
- Sport in Italy Sport in Italy has a long tradition.
- Going to church every Sunday as a family tradition.
- Another theme in officer recruitment was family tradition.
- Sankranti is, in a sense, a tribute to the family tradition.
- By local tradition, a woman's first marriage requires parental consent.
- Both stories would easily get accepted; for there was no local tradition.
- It was placed at the site of an old marketplace, according to local tradition.
- The Celtic languages have a rich literary tradition.
- Welsh has had a continuous literary tradition from the 6th century AD.
- Celtic literary tradition begins with Old Irish texts around the 8th century AD.
- Most tianguis operate more according to tradition than by formal rules.
- The "Shiva Sutras" appeared to Vasugupta in a dream, according to tradition.
- His proper name was Caolán and according to tradition he was appointed by St. Patrick.
- Like other West African countries, Guinea has a rich musical tradition.
- The Church has a strong musical tradition and is affiliated to the RSCM.
- He is a cultural music singer in a popular Lesotho musical tradition called "famo".
- The school has a strong tradition of sport.
- Bahamians have a strong tradition in the sprints and jumps.
- This began a strong tradition of animated films (Zdeněk Miler's "Mole" etc.).
- It has also come under the influence of Irish religious tradition.
- Letterman is a Presbyterian, a religious tradition he was originally brought up in by his mother.
- It has special significance in Jewish religious tradition and parts of it have been declared a nature reserve.
- Cheesemaking is an ancient tradition in most Alpine countries.
- 61b), the Crœsus of his time, he was, according to ancient tradition (Meg.
- An ancient tradition of making bere-based homebrew survives until this day on the island.
- Tewa tradition holds that its pools provided access to the underworld.
- Rabbinic tradition holds that he was an ordinary member of the priesthood.
- The house is a "saddlebag house that tradition holds was constructed between 1810 and 1830."
- The Bus Festival began as an annual tradition in 1994.
- For many area residents, it has become an annual tradition.
- This marked the beginning of an annual tradition that continues to grow.
- The Freewill Folk Society at Bates College also continues the folk tradition.
- Tina and Her Pony is contributing a unique sound to the American folk tradition.
- This song is an example of the folk tradition of transmission with local variants.
- Wooden art is a very old tradition of West Bengal.
- An old tradition existed in the region of exploitation of peatlands.
- She has had the privilege of experiencing the old tradition of "Gurukulam".
- As president he continued the tradition, which he called his fireside chats.
- This continued the tradition of presenting at least two generations of heirs.
- He continued the tradition of Dhofar being the biggest club in Sultanate of Oman.
- This region has a very rich cultural tradition.
- Unlike other Ijaw tribes, the Bassan do not have a cultural tradition of common origin.
- In many countries, imbibing alcoholic drinks in a local bar or pub is a cultural tradition.
- Zoar Chapel was built of two stories, in the classical tradition.
- The larvae feed on "Onobrychis" species Named in the classical tradition for Iphigenia.
- Niels Marthinsen Niels Marthinsen (born 1963) is a Danish composer in the classical tradition.
- Kerala has a rich tradition in Carnatic music.
- It has a long and rich tradition in the sport.
- Medieval India has a very rich tradition of Insha writing.
- Opera is part of the Western classical music tradition.
- Bristow was committed to developing an American classical music tradition.
- It stands as an artifact to the development of a distinct American music tradition.
- According to a different historical tradition, they produced a longish Franzbrot (German for 'French bread') which resembled the baguette.
- At the Whit Monday holiday, an historical tradition of Pau Grand Prix, the headliner should have been the British Formula Three Championship.
- Conservatism in Brazil originates from the cultural and historical tradition of Brazil, whose cultural roots are Luso-Iberian and Roman Catholic.
- Oral tradition states that the church was once a pilgrimage destination.
- Oral tradition states that the Ndamba people were originally an offshoot of the Pogoro people.
- According to George Coedes, tradition states Ramathibodi I founded Dvaravati Sri Ayudhya in 1350.
- The Radical Rush tradition continued after WAAKE-UP!
- The tradition continued until Russell's death in 2003.
- This tradition continued in the 1980s with Area, Danceteria, and Limelight.
- The name symbolises the African tradition of using a Calabash as a means of feeding people.
- The tradition of using Welsh gold within the wedding rings of the royal family dates back to 1923.
- It had a long tradition of using cheques and passed laws formalising cheque usage as early as 1881.
- The tradition began in the 1950s and was broken in 1987.
- This dubious tradition began with Liu Xiang (79-8 BCE) describing the text as (tr.
- This tradition began in 1890 by Charles Shaw Jr. who distributed binder twine to local farmers.
- Local tradition says that if Tepelenë exceeds 100 buildings it will be destroyed.
- However, a more reliable Maldivian tradition says that he was a Persian saint from Tabriz called Yusuf Shamsuddin.
- However, another tradition says that she was a daughter of the High Chief Kahokuohua of Molokai and a sister-wife of Kaulahea I of Maui.
- The Oron people have a unique culture and tradition.
- His paintings depict the culture and tradition of Kannur, which has a resonant past with myths and legends.
- Some of the ancient Amazigh beliefs still exist today subtly within the Amazigh popular culture and tradition.
- The Italics and the Etruscans had a significant military tradition.
- The military tradition of the Netherlands has a distinct rudimental system.
- This army was break from Ottoman military tradition and was based on western military principles.
- This tradition started on June 2002.
- The tradition started back in 1766.
- The tradition started in 1986 after a popular teacher died of cancer.
- There is a similar spirit in the Cambodian folklore, as well as in the Lao popular tradition.
- In Chittagong, "Mezban" feasts are a popular tradition featuring the serving of hot beef curry.
- Acoustic guitar bands based on a Spanish model are the country's best-known indigenous popular tradition.
- The Holbein and Lotto carpets may represent a design tradition dating back to the Timurid period.
- French Colbertism is an old tradition dating back to the 17th century influenced at that time by the Chinese system.
- Parades of horribles were a New England tradition dating back prior to the 1870s or earlier in various small towns across New England.