‹ Transversally Transversely ›
Meanings and phrases
- extending or lying across; in a crosswise direction; at right angles to the long axis; cross; transversal; thwartwise
- the part of the large intestine that extends across the abdominal cavity and joins the ascending to the descending colon
- a high-pitched woodwind instrument; a slender tube closed at one end with finger holes on one end and an opening near the closed end across which the breath is blown; flute
- a flat muscle with transverse fibers that forms the anterior and lateral walls of the abdominal cavity; transversus abdominis muscle; musculus transversalis abdominis; transversus abdominis
- one of two processes that extend from each vertebra and provide the point of articulation for the ribs
- a paired dural sinus; terminates in the sigmoid sinus; sinus transversus
- Several dark zigzag transverse lines also found on the forewings.
- The adult is yellowish with pale transverse lines and black spots on the forewing.
- At once recogniced by the veins and transverse lines forming a network of brown markings on the hindwing beneath, the large ocelli with their heavy whitish violet centres standing in between the stripes.