‹ Turbulency Turbulently ›
Meanings and phrases
- (of a liquid) agitated vigorously; in a state of turbulence; churning; roiling; roiled; roily
- characterized by unrest or disorder or insubordination; disruptive; riotous; troubled; tumultuous
- flow in which the velocity at any point varies erratically
- The ridges in the plates ensure turbulent flow.
- A turbulent flow can, however, be statistically stationary.
- Thus the thermal boundary layer thickness for turbulent flow does not depend on the Prandtl number but instead on the Reynolds number.
- Ghalib was a chronicler of a turbulent period.
- The late 1970s through to the '80s was a turbulent period for Chelsea.
- The end of this turbulent period came when the town passed to the House of Savoy in 1703.
- The 1960s were turbulent times for Athena on the pitch.
- Brown was raised during turbulent times in the United States.
- The 1880s and 90s were turbulent times for Cuba and the company.