‹ Umbrageous Umbrella-shaped ›
Meanings and phrases
- covering or applying simultaneously to a number of similar items or elements or groups
- a lightweight handheld collapsible canopy
- a formation of military planes maintained over ground operations or targets
- having the function of uniting a group of similar things
Japanese umbrella pine
- tall evergreen having a symmetrical spreading crown and needles growing in whorls that resemble umbrellas at ends of twigs; Sciadopitys verticillata
earleaved umbrella tree
- small erect deciduous tree with large leaves in coiled formations at branch tips; Magnolia fraseri
- foul-smelling somewhat fleshy tropical plant of southeastern Asia cultivated for its edible corms or in the greenhouse for its large leaves and showy dark red spathe surrounding a large spadix; devil's tongue; snake palm; Amorphophallus rivieri
- black tropical American bird having a large overhanging crest and long feathered wattle; Cephalopterus ornatus
- large Australasian fern with fanlike repeatedly forked fronds; sometimes placed in genus Gleichenia; fan fern; Sticherus flabellatus; Gleichenia flabellata
- small deciduous tree of eastern North America having creamy white flowers and large leaves in formations like umbrellas at the ends of branches; umbrella tree; elkwood; elk-wood; Magnolia tripetala
- medium-sized two-needled pine of southern Europe having a spreading crown; widely cultivated for its sweet seeds that resemble almonds; stone pine; European nut pine; Pinus pinea
- rhizomatous perennial herb with large dramatic peltate leaves and white to bright pink flowers in round heads on leafless stems; colonizes stream banks in the Sierra Nevada in California; Indian rhubarb; Darmera peltata; Peltiphyllum peltatum
- late blooming perennial plant of shale barrens of Virginia having flowers in flat-topped clusters; Eriogonum allenii
- African sedge widely cultivated as an ornamental water plant for its terminal umbrellalike cluster of slender grasslike leaves; umbrella sedge; Cyperus alternifolius
- African sedge widely cultivated as an ornamental water plant for its terminal umbrellalike cluster of slender grasslike leaves; umbrella plant; Cyperus alternifolius
- a small tent with a single supporting pole and radiating metal ribs
- erect evergreen shrub or small tree of Australia and northern New Guinea having palmately compound leaves; Schefflera actinophylla; Brassaia actinophylla
- small deciduous tree of eastern North America having creamy white flowers and large leaves in formations like umbrellas at the ends of branches; umbrella magnolia; elkwood; elk-wood; Magnolia tripetala
- GNI also became an umbrella organization for networking local gay naturist clubs.
- Globally, affiliated communities are united within the umbrella organization Masorti Olami.
- The ACM is an umbrella organization for academic and scholarly interests in computer science.
- Historically, the umbrella term was billiards.
- There are distinct subcultures under this umbrella term.
- Included under this umbrella term is Alzheimer's disease.
- Instead, the Catholic schools are a member of the Catholic umbrella organisation .
- It is an independent pressure group and umbrella organisation for grassroot activists from around the UK.
- The Hong Kong Council of Social Service is an umbrella organisation of over 400 social service organisations.
- It is an umbrella group for Oulipo, Oubapo, Outrapo, etc.
- The organisation has been described as an "umbrella group of the Left".
- Most Hokkaidō Ainu and some other Ainu are members of an umbrella group called the Hokkaidō Utari Association.