‹ Umpirage Umpired ›
Meanings and phrases
- someone chosen to judge and decide a disputed issue; arbiter; arbitrator
- an official at a baseball game; ump
- be a referee or umpire in a sports competition; referee
- Norton's brother Don was a cricket umpire who stood in three List A matches.
- He later became an umpire, culminating with him becoming a Test cricket umpire.
- Asif Yaqoob Asif Yaqoob (born 11 November 1973) is a Pakistani cricket umpire.
- He was the plate umpire for the 2012 Triple-A All-Star Game.
- Home plate umpire Bill Klem later said Doyle had failed to touch home plate after sliding in.
- So NL plate umpire Cy Pfirman called "no pitch," touching off a vociferous argument with the Cardinals they couldn't win.
- Alomar set off a firestorm in September when he spat into home plate umpire John Hirschbeck's face during an argument in Toronto.
- On May 3, Jones was ejected for the first time in his career, by the home plate umpire, Sam Holbrook, for arguing balls and strikes.
- Rays manager Joe Maddon was ejected from the game in the seventh inning for arguing a called strike with the home plate umpire Rob Drake.