‹ Undepicted Under-the-counter ›
Meanings and phrases
- located below or beneath something else; nether
- lower in rank, power, or authority
- down to defeat, death, or ruin
- through a range downward
- into unconsciousness
- in or into a state of subordination or subjugation
- below some quantity or limit
- below the horizon
- down below
- further down; below
- disappear suddenly, as if under the surface of a body of water
- consent reluctantly; yield; give in; succumb; knuckle under
- a contract that is signed and has the (wax) seal of the signer attached; sealed instrument; special contract
- be included in or classified as; fall into
- go under,; sink; settle; go down
- be called; go by a certain name; go by
- disappear beyond the horizon; set; go down
- (of a ship) sinking; foundering
- consent reluctantly; yield; give in; succumb; buckle under
- criminal offense of making false statements under oath; perjury; bearing false witness
- a dish of roast pheasant served in a manner characteristic of expensive restaurants
- administer an anesthetic drug to; anesthetize; anaesthetize; anesthetise; anaesthetise; put out
- armed and prepared for fighting
- subjected to enemy attack or censure; under fire
- subjected to enemy attack or censure; under attack
- under that; thereunder; under that
- under that; thereunder; under it
- somewhat ill or prone to illness; ailing; indisposed; peaked; poorly; sickly; unwell; seedy
- in motion; set in motion
- kept secret
- It was the Senators' first season under head coach Kurt Kleinendorst.
- Dieter transferred to Alabama for the 2016 season under head coach Nick Saban.
- In their sixth season under head coach Woody Hayes, the Buckeyes compiled a 6–3 record.
- There are no extensions currently under construction.
- The area for Line 3 are currently under construction.
- A resort hotel is currently under construction.
- The team came under fire from three directions.
- The Gqom singer came under fire for shaming Lady Zamar.
- The church's policy toward Native Americans also came under fire during the 1970s.
- Boncelles first came under attack on 6 August 1914.
- Liège first came under attack on 6 August 1914.
- They were ambushed and the safe house came under attack.
- The school was still under construction.
- Many were still under construction when the war ended in 1945.
- Some provincial expressway routes are still under construction.
- In its first year under head coach Denny Myers, the team compiled a 7–3 record and outscored opponents by a total of 235 to 106.
- In their fourth year under head coach Glen Mason, the Golden Gophers compiled a 6–6 record and outscored their opponents by a combined total of 375 to 318.
- In its fourth year under head coach Joe Tiller, Purdue compiled an 8–4 record, won the conference championship, but was defeated by Washington in the 2001 Rose Bowl.
- The hospital itself came under heavy fire on many occasions.
- A few hundred meters from Tel Faher he came under heavy fire.
- They were discovered by Spanish scouts and came under heavy fire.
- In 1966, Yen was placed under house arrest.
- The plot was uncovered and Irene was placed under house arrest.
- He was placed under house arrest on the eve of his 90th birthday.
- The bank has around € 9 billion assets under management.
- It has assets under management of approximately US$4 billion.
- At the time of his death, Veritas had $2.2 billion in assets under management.
- WTEN shut down its analog signal, over VHF channel 10, on June 12, 2009, the official date in which full-power television stations in the United States transitioned from analog to digital broadcasts under federal mandate.
- KXMA-TV shut down its analog signal, over VHF channel 2, on June 12, 2009, the official date in which full-power television stations in the United States transitioned from analog to digital broadcasts under federal mandate.
- WXXA-TV shut down its analog signal, over UHF channel 23, on June 12, 2009, the official date in which full-power television stations in the United States transitioned from analog to digital broadcasts under federal mandate.
- The Israeli conduct later came under criticism.
- In April 2018, Buduong came under criticism from Ghanaians.
- The sixth game in the series, "", also came under criticism.
- Aspects of standards-based education reform came under scrutiny in the 1990s.
- Fuller Maitland's integrity as a critic came under scrutiny, notably by Elgar in a lecture in 1905.
- While there she came under scrutiny for using government funds to travel to see her son’s Denver Bronco games.
- The uprising was eventually brought under control.
- The situation was brought under control by 9 March.
- The fire was brought under control by midday on the 14th.
- On June 2011 DVB-T2 tests got under way in Moscow.
- The convoy assembled off Port Antonio and got under way on 27 July.
- The Syrian construction of the Banias to Yarmouk canal got under way in 1965.
- However, the petrol-based version of the engine is currently under development.
- West of Kelsey Drive, the new Kenmount Terrace subdivision is currently under development.
- Several important enhancements are currently under development, including Part 116 (see the Key Concepts, below).
- Ms. "Haai", which was then under construction.
- The issue of what was tallest became moot when Burj Khalifa, then under construction, exceeded the height of the CN Tower in 2007 (see below).
- Fourteen further examples were then under construction and appeared under Thompson's successor Arthur Peppercorn, between July 1946 and September 1947.
- Upon his release however, he was put under house arrest.
- de Souza was briefly put under house arrest in the aftermath.
- In response, Gao lost his legal license, was put under house arrest, detained, and was reportedly tortured.
- Both men were then formally placed under arrest.
- Two teenagers were placed under arrest.
- Realizing his situation, Wood agreed to submit and was placed under arrest.
- The schools came under pressure in 1911 from Francisco Alcántara.
- She came under pressure either to take Chinese citizenship or to leave the country.
- However, plans to return to Japan were abandoned when the promoter came under pressure to retain the Tour de Corse.
- At the island, the survivors come under attack by a large unseen force.
- Passage was hampered by poor weather conditions, but the convoy did not come under attack.
- He explained that Kuaiji Commandery had an abundance of resources so it would come under attack by Sun Ce very soon.
- She has come under fire for requesting donations on Twitter.
- Barkat has come under fire from some women's rights activists.
- They must not come under fire."
- However, all EU states universally consider Israeli settlements illegal under international law.
- The international community considers Israeli settlements illegal under international law, but the Israeli government disputes this.
- The international community considers Israeli settlements in the West Bank illegal under international law, but the Israeli government disputes this.
- This normative use of game theory has also come under criticism.
- These findings have however since then come under criticism by Curcuru et al.
- The simple form of the documentary hypothesis has come under criticism from within its own constituents as well.
- Even though still under contract with the Bruins, Walton was selected by the Los Angeles Sharks.
- The name change was to avoid legal problems, since the band was still under contract to Panart Records.
- This saw Hutton move to Bradford for a number of summer months between seasons while still under contract with Coleraine.
- Circipania came under control of the Pomeranian dukes at about this time.
- The lower region around Arnedo came under control of his allies the Banu Qasi of Tudela.
- In 1933, the German Province of Pomerania like all of Germany came under control of the Nazi regime.
- As the Marines approached the southern suburbs of the city they came under increasing sniper fire.
- He grew up in the Meskwaki culture, when they came under increasing pressure from United States encroachment.
- Unable to rely on the protections and privileges of Morley's monopoly, Barley most likely came under increasing pressure from the Stationers' Company.
- More ruthenium drugs are still under development.
- The language is still under development, with several compilers out.
- While still under development, some Lazikas are already in active service.
- However, this traditional conception has come under scrutiny.
- The prison had come under scrutiny for failing to ensure the safety of its youth inmates.
- Several breeding societies have lately come under scrutiny for breeding their horses too "hot".