‹ Violator Violent ›
Meanings and phrases
- an act of aggression (as one against a person who resists); force
- the property of being wild or turbulent; ferocity; fierceness; furiousness; fury; vehemence; wildness
- a turbulent state resulting in injuries and destruction etc.
- violence or physical abuse directed toward your spouse or domestic partner; usually violence by men against women
- While, Nandini is a victim of domestic violence.
- In 1999 domestic violence was said to be widespread.
- In January 2018, he was arrested for domestic violence.
- a public act of violence by an unruly mob; riot
- The journal did not promote violence against Jews.
- Dr. Dre has been accused of violence against multiple women.
- It was also criticised for inciting violence against the opposition.
- Of these, 56% have experienced sexual violence.
- They were often subjected to physical and sexual violence.
- Rape and sexual violence affects a significant proportion of the population.
- In 2004 she initiated a global campaign to stop violence against women.
- Although violence against women is prohibited, domestic violence is common.
- One Billion Rising is an international campaign to end violence against women.
- These acts of violence include sexual assault, domestic violence, and sex trafficking.
- These gangs were often involved in numerous acts of violence that occurred in Chinatown.
- They were implicated in over 300 acts of violence, the majority of which involved explosives.
- González continued to speak out against gun violence.
- She agreed to the project to bring attention to gun violence.
- She has used satire and sarcasm to advance her agenda against gun violence.
- Seattle in this era saw a good bit of political violence.
- Another episode of political violence occurred in August 1792.
- Chad remains plagued by political violence and recurrent attempted coups d'état.
- Far more common than physical violence is psychological pressure.
- There are no descriptions of physical violence, but there is trauma and angst.
- Similarly, cruelty does not refer to an act of emotional or physical violence.
- The film features stark scenes of violence between inter-racial gangs.
- Incidents of violence between the parties then increased dramatically.
- A campaign of violence between the rebels and supporters of the NDP led to 136 deaths in 1939.
- The use of violence is outdated, and never solves problems."
- Le Guin praised the imagery of the film, but disliked the use of violence.
- Some offenses, including the use of violence, are universally recognized as wrong.
- Neighbors joined together to stop crime and gang violence.
- In prison he witnessed gang violence.
- Issues of overcrowding and gang violence started to subside in the 1990s.
- Fifteen other people died in drug-related violence during the same weekend in Michoacán.
- There were isolated incidents of politically-motivated violence during the election campaign.
- Malatya was the scene of anti-Armenian violence during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
- On 12 July, sectarian violence led to a rapid redeployment to Derry.
- Al-Qaeda is also responsible for instigating sectarian violence among Muslims.
- Al-Qaeda has launched attacks against the Iraqi Shia majority in an attempt to incite sectarian violence.
- His grieving classmates gathered and vowed to organize against violence in Alex's memory.
- The protests, intended as a march against violence, were attended by an estimated 10,000 people.
- The most common lyrical focus of Final Warning's music was their stand against violence and war.
- The "Born Free" film includes graphic violence and language, as well as nudity.
- Its graphic violence and hellish imagery also made it a subject of controversy.
- Reviewers have noted that "Happy Wheels" exhibits graphic violence in its gameplay.
- These attacks included threats of violence, including rape.
- Any threats of violence were inferential rather than overt.
- The dedication of his figure of Monsignor Anthony Stein met with protest and threats of violence.
- Suspected witches are often subject to mob violence.
- He is known for opposing the Ku Klux Klan and mob violence in the county in the violent period between 1915 and 1930.
- A San Jose newspaper ran a front-page editorial branding Holmes and Thurmond "human devils" and called for "mob violence."
- Tackling extreme violence does not require new norms."
- It is set in a near-future society that has a youth subculture of extreme violence.
- These crimes are often perpetrated by ex convicts who are willing to commit extreme violence.
- This provision usually applies, apart from torture, to cases of severe police violence and poor conditions in detention.
- Scored movies as diverse as the romantic comedy "The Woman of my Life", and the dark documentary "Boomerang", (about police violence.)
- "The Guardian" reported at the end of 2016 that "police violence against Standing Rock protestors in North Dakota rose to extraordinary levels".
- The city witnessed serious communal violence that left thousands of people dead.
- This was the first major communal violence after the advent of satellite television in India.
- Outside at a distance they see burning houses and Nathu blames himself for the erupting communal violence.
- War stresses increase family violence, creating a pattern that then gets passed on when the children become parents."
- The FVPSP also provides funding for research into the prevention of family violence, training, and technical assistance to related programs.
- Journal of Family Violence The Journal of Family Violence is a quarterly peer-reviewed scientific journal dedicated to the study of family violence.
- The violence towards Manuel caused rare negative criticism of the show.
- I hope the journey goes on, goes on and on..."] PMMP has supported Amnesty International's work against the violence towards women.
- The song "Cuatro Babys" by Maluma has received much controversy over its lyrics as they arguably appear to suggest direct violence towards women.
- He described the incident in Benghazi as a "senseless act of violence."
- He said: "Those who did this act of violence fall into the trap of the people who want them to act that way."
- That act of violence apparently takes the thirst for revenge out of Jonas and he leaves his now-empty 45 behind on the bar.
- Rape and other forms of violence was however a concern.
- [He] demands for all sides to cease all forms of violence.
- The channel does not show any film that contains extreme forms of violence.
- Another component of Arkansas's image is a history of racism and racial violence.
- Incidents of racial violence started to occur in 1993 as a result of the British National Party (BNP).
- Poverty, racial violence, persecution of immigrants and cutbacks in social and health programmes were also reported.
- 157 were left dead after the level of violence used by security forces escalated.
- Three main strike periods occurred in 1933, with length of time and level of violence increased during each one.
- There was hatred and constant threat of violence.
- Intimidation and possibly the threat of violence are used to compel customers to comply.
- In the past, Nick Griffin has defended the threat of violence to further the party's aims.
- Hussam Atrash the head of the SLF political bureau posted on Twitter threats of further violence against HTS.
- After the conflict, a curfew was imposed in the state and army troops were called in to contain further violence.
- In this complex situation, a variety of actors has begun to mobilize, seeking to offer responses that can avoid further violence.
- Intimate partner violence accounts for 47% of those murdered.
- In intimate partner violence, children are negatively affected by having witnessed the violence, and the partner's relationship degrades as well.
- Additionally, 10.4% of women who did not report intimate partner violence reported that their male partner disagreed with them about using contraception.
- The ethnic violence was the result of a dispute over land rights for the tribes' chickens.
- They feared that such ethnic violence could ignite other ethnic minorities and escalate out of control.
- Abiy's government has been accused by humanitarian groups of ignoring the ethnic violence and withholding of aid from Gedeon refugees.
- The box includes a violence prevention module as well as a one-meter fiberglass replica of the Knotted Gun.
- It holds violence prevention and nonviolence education programs for schools and sports clubs around the world.
- Since February 2018, 67 new pieces of gun violence prevention legislation have been passed in 26 states across the country.
- He stated that he had been there, but that he did not use violence himself.
- The Red Shirts did not hesitate to use violence, nor did the other private militia groups.
- The regenten now realised that the stadtholder was prepared to use violence to maintain and expand his power.
- Soon, violence broke out against Armenians in Azerbaijan and Azeris in Armenia.
- The peasants tried to take over the land anyway, but when violence broke out, they were forcibly removed.
- Sporadic violence broke out in Luanda over the next few months after the FNLA attacked MPLA forces in March 1975.
- Bartolomé de las Casas pacified the Kekchí in Alta Verapaz without violence.
- As Larrabee and his men prepare for a showdown, Gene devises a plan to thwart Larrabee's opposition without violence.
- On April 4, 2017, it was reported that Delmas had been arrested by the Miami-Dade Police for resisting arrest without violence.
- Minor incidents of violence occurred as students were stopped at picket lines.
- The incidents of violence began in December 1992 and continued till March 1993.
- However, no incidents of violence against travelers on spring break were reported.
- Sharon said both Serbia and Kosovo have been victims of violence.
- The fountain is surrounded by rocks with inscriptions of the victims of violence.
- In June 2015 he visited Siem Reap in Cambodia, where he met with child victims of violence.
- This was met with more violence by whites.
- In turn, he was able to use more violence to increase revenue.
- Barnes has his girlfriend then try to convince Kane to leave town with a payoff to prevent more violence.