‹ Vocabulary Vocalic ›
Meanings and phrases
- given to expressing yourself freely or insistently; outspoken
- relating to or designed for or using the singing voice
- having or using the power to produce speech or sound
- full of the sound of voices
- a short musical composition with words; song
- music intended to be performed by one or more singers, usually with instrumental accompaniment; vocal music
- either of the upper two vocal cords that are not involved in vocalization; false vocal fold; superior vocal cord; ventricular fold; vestibular fold
- either of the upper two vocal cords that are not involved in vocalization; false vocal cord; superior vocal cord; ventricular fold; vestibular fold
- either of the two lower vocal folds that come together to form the glottis; produce a vocal tone when they are approximated and air from the lungs passes between them; true vocal cord; true vocal fold; inferior vocal fold
- either of the two lower vocal folds that come together to form the glottis; produce a vocal tone when they are approximated and air from the lungs passes between them; true vocal cord; true vocal fold; inferior vocal cord
- either of the upper two vocal cords that are not involved in vocalization; false vocal cord; false vocal fold; ventricular fold; vestibular fold
- either of the two lower vocal folds that come together to form the glottis; produce a vocal tone when they are approximated and air from the lungs passes between them; true vocal fold; inferior vocal cord; inferior vocal fold
- either of the two lower vocal folds that come together to form the glottis; produce a vocal tone when they are approximated and air from the lungs passes between them; true vocal cord; inferior vocal cord; inferior vocal fold
- either of two pairs of folds of mucous membrane projecting into the larynx; vocal cord; vocal fold; plica vocalis
- either of two pairs of folds of mucous membrane projecting into the larynx; vocal fold; vocal band; plica vocalis
- Eventually it was determined that he had paralysis of the left vocal cord.
- Costas was filling in for Michael Kay, who was recovering from vocal cord surgery.
- In 2008, before Jo Jo San AF the Musical began, Kiatkamol was diagnosed with a cyst on his vocal cord.
- either of two pairs of folds of mucous membrane projecting into the larynx; vocal cord; vocal band; plica vocalis
- In other words, it is the loss of vocal fold tone and elasticity due to aging which affects voice quality.
- Various methods are used to diagnose contact granuloma which aid in differentiating it from other vocal fold pathology.
- Laryngoscopy, as well as an acoustic analysis of the voice, can help rule out vocal fold paresis as an underlying cause.
- music intended to be performed by one or more singers, usually with instrumental accompaniment; vocal
- music that is vocalized (as contrasted with instrumental music)
- Chinna Moulana taught vocal music to his daughter.
- In the field of vocal music he has composed app.
- Chest voice Chest voice is a term used within vocal music.
- any of the organs involved in speech production; speech organ; organ of speech
- They have a rich vocal range, and good hearing.
- Hoppus and DeLonge's vocal range spans from F# to F#.
- Scherzinger possesses a wide vocal range.
- The Avons The Avons were a British pop vocal group.
- In 1989, Steinman formed all-female vocal group Pandora's Box.
- He is one of the two lead singers of the vocal group Westlife.
- He did, however, praise David's vocal performance.
- Lee's vocal performance has been described as snarling.
- The song has been noted for Swindell's vocal performance.
- Ono recorded her lead vocal on September 19.
- They share lead vocal duties and play guitar in the group.
- Renato was the lead vocal and bass player.
- Her soulful vocal style has been compared to Amy Winehouse.
- The song's lyrics and vocal style have been compared to glossolalia.
- Sue Tompkins' unique vocal style was singled out in multiple reviews.
- Jimmy arranged a lot of the vocal harmonies for the group.
- The album was well-received, and praised for its vocal harmonies.
- Many of the tracks are instrumental, or only feature vocal harmonies without lyrics.
- In December 2011, she was a vocal coach on Daybreak.
- He has been vocal coach to cricketer Andrew Flintoff.
- She is also a voice actress and vocal coach.
- Keifer continued to undergo surgeries on his vocal cords.
- "There were bits of skin hanging off my vocal cords", she said.
- A similar process has been created to aid people who have lost their vocal cords.
- The most vocal and strident was Pope Gregory VII.
- Its most vocal leader was William Miller.
- Meretz remains the most vocal party within the Israeli peace camp.
- Al-Miqdad is also a vocal critic of the government.
- Lupica has been listed a vocal critic of the steroid era.
- Sangaree had been a vocal critic of the government sponsored paramilitary groups.
- They share lead vocal duties and play guitar in the group.
- Nicholas assumed co-lead vocal duties with drummer Walter Orange.
- Dimiter Voev's vocal duties were taken by younger brother Simeon Voev.
- His vocal delivery encompasses singing, rapping and scatting.
- However, he claimed Shania's vocal delivery was at times frail.
- The gorgeous vocal delivery on the track is perfectly complemented by the lush production."
- The CD contains a vocal and instrumental track for all three theme songs.
- The single contains vocal and instrumental songs of the opening theme, "Say It!
- He is the author of "Anthem of Wikipedia" - a piece for a soloist, vocal and instrumental ensembles.
- It's one of the most unguarded vocal performances he's ever given."
- The track "features one of Urie’s strongest vocal performances to date."
- Dance groups, vocal performances, and a study club provide interaction with friends.
- The game additionally features three vocal tracks.
- Some vocal tracks were redone with different lyrics.
- They recorded vocal tracks throughout this period but often released the tunes as instrumentals on albums.
- Only two vocal parts are extant (soprano and alto).
- One feature is the increasing syncopation in the vocal parts.
- Funk bands such as Earth, Wind & Fire have harmony vocal parts.
- Roberts was a vocal opponent of Freemasonry in the mid 19th century.
- In 2013, Golden was a vocal opponent of traffic enforcement cameras.
- She was also a vocal opponent to the closure of the Newcastle State Dockyards.
- The vocal folds are long and are attached close to the epiglottis base.
- Voiceless aspiration occurs when the vocal folds remain open after a consonant is released.
- Contact granulomas can occur unilaterally or bilaterally, affecting one or both vocal folds.
- She is a vocal supporter of gender equity in STEM.
- He is a vocal supporter of the New York Knicks basketball team.
- Breckinridge was also a vocal supporter for the League of Nations.
- They also have participated in the recording of vocal works.
- Casulana favoured dramatic dialogue in her polyphonic vocal works.
- The team is dedicated to the repertoire of great European vocal works.
- In 2011, he did vocal training and speech therapy.
- Rosseland associated with jazz vocal training at "Norges Musikkhøgskole".
- Lois McDonall began her vocal training in Edmonton with Eileen McEcheran.
- He was a vocal advocate for the legalization of marijuana.
- Camus was a vocal advocate of the "new Mediterranean Culture".
- Lastly, Hume was a vocal advocate of the stability of the private sector.
- The vocal track was recorded at the Hit Factory in New York City.
- She then asked fans to pair the vocal track with "Stache" and selected a winner.
- A cappella can also describe the isolated vocal track(s) from a multitrack recording that originally included instrumentation.
- "The Nation" was just a little more vocal about it.
- During and after the crisis, criticism of the CDO market was more vocal.
- Infuriated, Zamor became more vocal and open in his support to the Revolution.
- The ""Footnotes"" vocal ensemble entertains patrons prior to the performance.
- The tributes to Manhattan Transfer station include a jazz vocal ensemble formed in 1969.
- World Voices World Voices is a vocal ensemble based in Minneapolis/Saint Paul, conducted by Dr. Karle Erickson, Artistic Director.
- As with other dolphins, orcas are very vocal animals.
- Scherzinger is also very vocal when it comes to bullying.
- This breed is also very vocal in expressing their emotions.
- Elgar incorporated the new vocal version into the Ode.
- A vocal version was recorded by Kathy Kirby the next year.
- Lennon's vocal version appears on his "Anthology" box set, in 1998.
- It features instrumental and vocal material by American singer/songwriter Laura Veirs.
- He composed over 1100 instrumental and vocal works influenced by his Ukrainian heritage and the baroque.
- Some of the musical features used are reminiscent of "L'Orfeo", written slightly earlier for similar instrumental and vocal forces.
- Aside from Da'Ville's vocal abilities, he is a songwriter, composer and producer.
- Club" called the track scaled-back and criticized Gaga's vocal abilities in the song.
- Brinda Fuller Willis of the "Jackson Advocate" considered Lynche's vocal abilities superior to many current singers.
- A backing vocal chorus in the style Spaghetti Western classics added intrigue.
- Cheryl Lynn provided the female backing vocal, singing an adaptation from a nursery rhyme Georgie Porgie.
- Chesney's version includes a backing vocal from Grace Potter, with whom he recorded his 2011 single "You and Tequila".
- Three tracks included vocal work from Japanese singer Kokia.
- Gately shared the majority of lead vocal work with Ronan Keating.
- The vocal work was all choral, maintaining the game's dark atmosphere.
- Contestants in this category are duos or vocal groups and all members must be aged 16 or over.
- He sang in vocal groups, including the 1940s group The Snowflakes where he sang with the Claude Thornhill orchestra.
- However, for clarity of each voice, recording each voice individually is most commonly the norm with most modern vocal groups.
- Hoppus and DeLonge's vocal range spans from F# to F#.
- Spears's vocal range spans from G-C.
- Braxton's vocal range spans from the low note of F3 to the high note of G4.
- It also contains vocal samples of The Notorious B.I.G.
- "The Number Song" uses various breakbeats and vocal samples of count-offs.
- Chipmunked vocal samples and overdubs aplenty make up the song's foundation.
- Here he picked up trumpet as well as improving vocal technique.
- The young Michael Jackson owed his vocal technique in large part to Diana Ross.
- Schlusnus: "[He] has given me freedom of voice, my vocal technique, and an understanding of proper singing.
- The vocal arrangements.
- It was directed and choreographed by Ron Lewis, with vocal arrangements by Kay Thompson and Billy Stritch.
- Ulvaeus and Andersson persevered with their songwriting and experimented with new sounds and vocal arrangements.
- She was a member of the vocal trio the Rhythmettes, which also included Dorothy Compton.
- The EP contained six tracks, with the lead single "Sweet Lies" featuring vocal trio The Barberettes.
- The vocal trio in the "Scherzi" comprises two sopranos and a bass, accompanied by simple instrumental ritornellos.
- However, to estimate the acoustic resonances of the vocal tract (i.e.
- It is thought to be associated with one or more of the higher resonances of the vocal tract.
- Their vocal tract will be shaped to resonate at frequencies associated with the tone being produced.
- MAX (band) MAX (pronounced "Max") is a Japanese female vocal group.
- She provided the female vocal counterpart on the song "Can U Handle It?"
- The female vocal bouts occur after 0500 hr, with the vocal bout activity peaking around 0600 hr.
- The work is scored for five vocal soloists, chorus and orchestra.
- The music is scored for three vocal soloists, a four-part choir, oboe, strings and continuo.
- The words are sung during the final (4th) movement of the symphony by four vocal soloists and a chorus.
- Sometimes, he would sing each vocal harmony part alone through multi-track tape.
- Tony Hayes formed a new vocal harmony group named "The Skyliners" after the "Fraser Hayes Four" split up.
- The band specialized in Pop, RnB, and even Gospel music which highlighted their vocal harmony as a group.
- She became a vocal advocate for strengthening regulations of boarding kennels.
- In 2016, Cubitt became a vocal supporter of senator Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign.
- He also joined the Independent Labour Party, and became a vocal advocate of women's suffrage.
- Anderson would then create vocal lines, which he would work on at home changing them to lyrics.
- However, he criticised singer Tennant, claiming his "vocal lines often struggle to fit the songs".
- His vocal lines were quite demanding, the ranges for each part quite high, and the sonorities often in 5 parts.
- She exhibited her vocal ability at a young age, but not her mother's fiery temperament.
- He shared that he would never have a duet with Trizzie due to the differences in style and vocal ability.
- Lee has been criticized for her vocal ability, which she responded with "I think everyone thinks differently, so they can think so.
- Lea Hermann from "Focus" praised Dion's vocal talent but called the album trivial.
- Although she didn't demonstrate any vocal talent through the course of the show, she got to stay for 17 weeks on the show.
- During service in the RCAF, Reynolds' vocal talent caught the attention of senior officers as he was often heard singing and yodeling throughout the ship.