“Arab” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· CAS rules that forward Almoez Ali is eligible to play for Qatar →
Qatar forward Almoez Ali, top scorer in last year's Asian Cup with a record nine goals, is eligible to play for them, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) ruled on Monday as it dismissed an appeal by the United Arab Emirates.
· CAS rules that forward Ali is eligible to play for Qatar →
Qatar forward Almoez Ali, topscorer in last year's Asian Cup with a record nine goals, is eligible to play for them, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) ruled on Monday as it dismissed an appeal by the United Arab Emirates.
· 'Legitimate' concerns about Saudi arms sales, ex-US official says →
State Department officials voiced concern over risks to civilians before Secretary of State Mike Pompeo rammed through $8.1 billion in arms sales to Saudi Arabia and other Arab allies, a former aide was quoted Monday as telling lawmakers.
· IPL 2020: CAIT opposes BCCI move to retain Chinese firm Vivo as IPL title sponsor →
The Indian Premier League’s Governing Council (GC) on Sunday decided to retain all its sponsors, including Chinese mobile company Vivo, and approved COVID-19 replacements in the event to be held in United Arab Emirates (UAE) this year.
· House Democrats subpoena top Pompeo aides in probe of IG firing →
Why it matters: The two committees, in addition to Democrats on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, are investigating whether Linick was fired because he was probing Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and the State Department's attempts to bypass Congress to sell weapons to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
· Pakistan well-prepared and primed to cause England problems again →
In between, they have won three of six Tests to square series in 2016 and 2018, while pocketing series wins out in the United Arab Emirates in 2012 and 2015
· Covid-19: Migrant workers among foreigners allowed into Thailand from tomorrow →
CCSA spokesman Thaweesilp Wissanuyothin said two Thai nationals, aged 26 and 43, who returned from the United Arab Emirates were tested positive.
· Life out of the limelight fine for Chris Woakes as Pakistan return to England →
In that time the teams have met four times – twice in the United Arab Emirates and twice in the UK ahead of this summer’s three-Test series which kicks off at the bio-secure Emirates Old Trafford.
· Global Forecast-Celsius →
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates;Sunny and very warm;43;33;Hazy sunshine;41;32;WNW;13;47%;0%;12
· Global Forecast-Fahrenheit →
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates;Sunny and very warm;109;91;Hazy sunshine;106;90;WNW;8;47%;0%;12