Arab в новостях
Публикации и примеры предложений
The New York Times
· Iran Envoy Brian Hook, a ‘Survivor’ on Trump’s Team, to Quit →
Mr. Graham said Mr. Hook had done “a superb job” of building U.S. alliances against Iran with Arab states in the Persian Gulf.
· Turkey's foreign minister visits Libya →
Tensions have been running high between Turkey and nations that back Haftar, notably Russia, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
· England should tour Pakistan in 2022, says PCB chairman Ehsan Mani →
England have not played in Pakistan since 2005, with their last two away tours held in the United Arab Emirates.
· ICC Board meet on Friday: BCCI, Cricket Australia to discuss swapping of T20 World Cup →
The ICC World T20 which was scheduled to be held in Australia from October 18 this year was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, making way for the cash rich Indian Premier League, to be held from September 19 in the United Arab Emirates.
· Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways posts $758 million in half-year losses →
The United Arab Emirates-based airline had accumulated losses of USD 586 million in the first half of 2019.
· Coronavirus: What sporting events are affected by the pandemic? →
The Dubai World Cup, one of the world's richest horse races and a premier annual sporting event in the United Arab Emirates, scheduled for March 28, has been postponed to next year, Dubai's government media office tweeted on March 22.
· Beirut blast: Lebanon searches for answers in explosion aftermath →
Others, including former prime ministers, have called for an international investigation led by the United Nations or Arab League, the Lebanese news agency reported, as the country enters a two-week state of emergency.
· IPL suspends major Chinese sponsor deal after border clash →
The Board of Control for Cricket in India said the deal had been called off for the 2020 tournament, which is due to start in the United Arab Emirates on September 19.
· Vivo pulls out as 2020 IPL sponsor amid India-China border row →
The popular franchise-based Indian Twenty20 league, which could not be held this year in India because of the COVID-19 crisis, is set to be played in the United Arab Emirates from September 19.
The New York Times
· Lawmakers Aim to Prevent Trump From Bypassing Ban on Armed Drone Sales →
The lawmakers are especially concerned about sales to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, which have used American-made weapons to carry out a devastating war in Yemen that has left thousands of civilians, many of them children, dead.